Freathy
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread Empty
PostSubject: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Plymouth Argyle v Northampton Town

Man in the middle KEITH STROUD           Games: 27
  YELLOWS 116 REDS 8

Assisted by Mark Pottage and Mark Derrien

Fourth Official Andrew Bennett

DEREK Adams' Sky Bet League 2 leaders have a well deserved break this Saturday after four wins out of four over Christmas but the Pilgrims will not be resting on their laurels. They will be preparing for Tuesday evening's Home Park encounter with the team that is closest to them in the division - Northampton Town.

Top of the Table Tuesday promises to be one of the biggest games of this, or any other, season. With the floodlights on and the Green Army in full cry, the atmosphere will be incredible.

THE match will kick off at 7.45pm. However, we are expecting a higher crowd than usual, so please take care to arrive early and ease anticipated pressure on the Home Park turnstiles.

USE public transport, whenever possible.

TURNSTILES to the Mayflower, Grandstand, Devonport End, Lyndhurst, and Family Zone For All open at 6.15pm.

AT present, we intend to have pay-on-the-gate facilities on match-day, but, with the clamour for tickets sure to maintain, there is no telling how long that situation will last.

PLEASE make sure you sit in the seat that corresponds to the number on your ticket.

FREE parking is available adjacent to the ground, but this will fill up very early. Street parking in the area is available, but please take care to note local restrictions.

TICKETS will cost £20 for adults, £15 for over-65s and students, and £7 for under-18s. A Family Ticket for one adult and one child in the Family Zone For All is £27. All prices will rise by £2 if purchased on match-day.

THE Argyle Superstore and Ticket Office will open at 9am on match-day morning. Tickets will stay on sale from the Home Park ticket office up until the game's kick-off time - as long as there are tickets that remain to be sold.

TICKETS are also available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IN 12 home games this season, Argyle have only lost three times at Home Park in Sky Bet League 2.

IN 41 encounters between Plymouth Argyle and Northampton Town at Home Park, spanning back as far as 1903, Argyle have won 23, drawn 8 and lost 10.

IT has been 17 years and 9 months since Argyle last lost to Northampton at Home Park, since when they have won five times and drawn once - they are on a four-match winning home run against the Cobblers.

ARGYLE have a history of big home wins against Northampton: 5-2 in 1965; 4-0 in 1920; 4-1 in 1951 and 2011; 4-3 in 1956.

THE Greens have won five out of six home games played in the club’s history on January 12.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 am

The big question for me is will Xthrobber be going? He is a top top fan so i know i'm asking the obvious!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 am

Nah he'll be basking in his aura of smugness at home as usual. I reckon his smugness is an untapped green energy reserve if only we knew how to harvest it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Northampton will be far too good. Can't see anything other than a home defeat.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:30 am

Freathy wrote:
Northampton will be far too good.  Can't see anything other than a home defeat.

Personally I'd settle in the overall picture for a draw on this one
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:51 pm

I would take a draw, but rather hope Argyle get all three points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:56 pm

we should aim to take the 3 points given they have game in hand. i got faith they can do it sadly i wont be there to see it Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Top of the table clash, big gate, Argyle in form, got 0 0 written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:08 pm

Man U on the telly innit. Can't see any more than 3-400 from N'ton. I reckon they might turn us over too.

Att: 8,225
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Tuesday night, top of the table third division clash with Blackburn. First v second, 28,000 there. totally out of the blue. One of my best Home Park memories. We'd arrived, well ........... and then we left, selling our best players. Same old same old.  Very similar retrospective feeling actually to that great November home victory with Holloway in charge, just before he left.
The system needs changing, but you might as well ask the monarchy to step down for 20 years.
Won't get near the Winter holiday crowd. Measly days of ghetto lower league football, with no great future purpose.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:32 pm

10,102 and a draw at best, brass monkeys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm no monkey, so I won't be there, feathering the banker's future retirement nest.  I see they're trying the same old tired DJM freebie against the mighty Stevenage to try and cover the embarrassment of the double home game thing.
Same old reasoning, wanting to attract "future" fans, who aren't interested, while totally insulting present day full adult fans with cash in their pockets. Marketing from Saturn.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:17 pm

12,342 not a penny less not a penny more.
2-1 Argyle but would settle in advance to a draw
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Northampton had a tough cup game on saturday which will take its toll, though unlike Argyle they have added to their squad, so a home defeat could be on the cards.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 7:43 pm

This weekends results went well for us.

CUP

Northampton - tough game and a replay
Oxford - tough game and at least 1 more guaranteed
Carlisle - tough game and a replay
Pompey - tough game and a replay

LEAGUE

BRovers lost
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Tuesday night, top of the table third division clash with Blackburn. First v second, 28,000 there. totally out of the blue. One of my best Home Park memories. We'd arrived, well ........... and then we left, selling our best players. Same old same old.  Very similar retrospective feeling actually to that great November home victory with Holloway in charge, just before he left.
The system needs changing, but you might as well ask the monarchy to step down for 20 years.
Won't get near the Winter holiday crowd. Measly days of ghetto lower league football, with no great future purpose.

I was there, we won 2-1 as I recall, Brian Johnson scored, he used to live just up the road from me.

More flattering to deceive from the perennial under achievers.

We normally do well against Northampton. Oddly enough I'd be more confident of winning if we were playing up there.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:03 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

I was there, we won 2-1 as I recall, Brian Johnson scored, he used to live just up the road from me.

We normally do well against Northampton. Oddly enough I'd be more confident of winning if we were playing up there.

How's Espana PP? Hope you spared a thought for me trudging wearily through the Hurdwick swamp this afternoon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:15 pm

A quote from their fan forum

Wrigleys    Re: Plymouth away 12th Jan
*****                           Easy drive down the A3 for me

Freddie Ramscar   Re: Plymouth away 12th Jan

You'll miss it then. We are playing Plymouth not Portsmouth. sunny
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

How's Espana PP? Hope you spared a thought for me trudging wearily through the Hurdwick swamp this afternoon. Smile

Very good thanks John, weather has been warm and dry, hardly been out of shorts and tee shirts. Plenty of golf, nearly run out of sun tan lotion. Not sounding too smug am I?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:35 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Very good thanks John, weather has been warm and dry, hardly been out of shorts and tee shirts. Plenty of golf, nearly run out of sun tan lotion. Not sounding too smug am I?

Yep. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 10:28 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

We've already done 'em up there.

I used to play 25-a-side park football with Brian Johnson's brother.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 am

Lord Biro wrote:

No one liked that boom and bust we used to have, bust to bust is the new boom.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Any news on ticket sales for this one T & G ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:44 pm

Settle for a point jeez we re plymouth argyle !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next