mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
Flat_Track_Bully
Freathy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:28 am

louisdepalma wrote:
Exeter insiders think they are nailed on for relegation.

After last season, I would go Exeter and Fleetwood/Daggers/Barnet

You really havent got a clue have you?!

Exeter insiders! Nobody from Exeter would ever be inside you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:50 am

I would love to say Turks and 'screta but I think they are both way way stronger than us still, us Barnet and Daggars maybe. If we start badly we are fooked.
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:13 am

The Red Star wrote:
louisdepalma wrote:
Exeter insiders think they are nailed on for relegation.

After last season, I would go Exeter and Fleetwood/Daggers/Barnet

You really havent got a clue have you?!

Exeter insiders! Nobody from Exeter would ever be inside you

Charming.

You really do show yourself to be a tosser don't you? I bet you are 5'2" in your high heels aren't you? Laughing

Believe what you like, but I was talking to someone who was teling me your playing budget (already pitifully small for this league) has been cut again and you have no money at all. You suffered an unbudgetted loss last season well into six figures and that money has to come from somewhere. Your 'loyal' fanbase are just not turning up. No different to any other club. The problem occurs when there was/is no financial reserve.

flower
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:16 am

louisdepalma wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Bernstein wrote:
Maybe so, but our playing budget is one of the largest in this league. And that was straight out of JB's mouth.

That just goes to prove that money doesn't necessarily equal success. Laughing

That was just said to shift season tickets. CF was obviously closer to the mark with his outburst about not being able to compete with rivals.

So you think that JB only said that and was quoted on it to sell more season tickets and all the time he was lying?

Are you serious?

I'm still waiting for an answer to this question.

Are you saying JB lied to the fans and the media in order to sell more tickets, yes or no?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:28 am

In a sense yes- I would call it more exaggerating what we had/ have in order to sell more tickets. Their ( Laughing ) does not seem to be any evidence of a better budget (than last season) if you look at our signings and targets- an injury prone midfielder, a striker from the BSS who has struggled at every side from the BSP upwards, a left winger who was deemed not good enough by the team that finished 17th and a player from the Welsh leagues (who I do think will be a good signing). Arguably this could be due to the management team's lack of contacts or the budget it just one for a standard league 2 club.

Haven't done much of the neighbourhood watch recently - very little to see Laughing
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:36 am

So JB, the person who is Chairman of the club you purport to support is a liar?

The thing is, just because we have a big budget, doesn't mean it all has to be spent before the end of September does it?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:45 am

Just because someone is a chairman does that mean they are honourable and virtuous? Did you criticise Cardiff and Pompey fans when the likes of Ridsdale and Mandaric were running those clubs? Did they (the pompey and cardiff fans) have to believe everything they said? Sorry I'm not a sheep who blindly follows.

Don't know why you question my support (which admittedly isn't as strong as it was) when you are well aware that I attended the Freak Meets last season.

I know the budget doesn't have to be spent now, but we could at least sign a couple of decent players and not cast offs and big gambles. When we were both at the Q&A, JB stated there would be money put aside for a rainy day- but, at the moment, I can only see the reserve budget being used to help fight off relegation.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:51 am

LDP if you want to use a site where their ( Laughing ) is blind following and not much questioning, go to this one-

Lack of Argyle Talk

It could do with some argyle talk as there isn't much- theyre ( Very Happy ) is also a bit too much over moderation.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 am

louisdepalma wrote:
So JB, the person who is Chairman of the club you purport to support is a liar?

The thing is, just because we have a big budget, doesn't mean it all has to be spent before the end of September does it?

Big budget really ?Exeter will be in the top 7.You won't be buying any players for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 am

morecombe and wycombe for me, closely beaten by barnet and argo
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:24 am

Working in wycombe, I know a few of their fans. They all seem to be very happy with their signings and are confidant of promotion.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm

louisdepalma wrote:

Who said we had a big budget?
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm

James Brent has been widely reported as saying the playing budget is in excess of £1.6m for the year.

Compare that with Exeter £800,000 and I would say that is a big budget.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
I am not sure what you are driving at, but I can assure you I am louisdepalma, it says so over there <----------

You haven't answered my question. Do you think JB lied?
For the record, I will answer your question, yes I do. I think we have the budget to get us to League 1. I'm not convinced we have a) the manager or b) the team (yet) to do it.

Of course not.Unthinkable that a man in a public position should be economical with the truth. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:22 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
James Brent has been widely reported as saying the playing budget is in excess of £1.6m for the year.Compare that with Exeter £800,000 and I would say that is a big budget.

Link,please.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Just because someone is a chairman does that mean they are honourable and virtuous? Did you criticise Cardiff and Pompey fans when the likes of Ridsdale and Mandaric were running those clubs? Did they (the pompey and cardiff fans) have to believe everything they said? Sorry I'm not a sheep who blindly follows.

Don't know why you question my support (which admittedly isn't as strong as it was) when you are well aware that I attended the Freak Meets last season.

I know the budget doesn't have to be spent now, but we could at least sign a couple of decent players and not cast offs and big gambles. When we were both at the Q&A, JB stated there would be money put aside for a rainy day- but, at the moment, I can only see the reserve budget being used to help fight off relegation.

You Driving at something there Ali? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd like to see the link too. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm

And me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Taxi for Louis lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:39 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
James Brent has been widely reported as saying the playing budget is in excess of £1.6m for the year.

Compare that with Exeter £800,000 and I would say that is a big budget.

So where is the evidence of this big budget I have spent more at asda this year than what is being spent on the team.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Typo, he meant £1.60 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:52 pm

So 'competitive budget' is now the new 'big budget'? £1.6m = 55% turnover?

The facts would appear Exeters much smaller budget seems to be attracting players of a higher quality than we're able to attract. It stinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Rhys Griffiths as a part-time footballer and Fireman would have been on a tidy sum of money in a standard of football he is more than comfortable in. Top scorer year after year.

I think he's gone out on a limb even more so than we have, and is someone who deserves a chance. If he's going to feel the crowd are on his back from day one it's hardly going to help.

I'm glad he signed and think it could be a good signing for us. Mind you I was ecstatic when Stevie Crawford signed as well Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Our relegation credentials are now confirmed, the argentine busker, and the ancient welsh fireman who is obviously fed up wiyh playing snooker and darts allday, have joined the fletcher donkey sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Back on topic, bottom 2

Fletch/Brent
Nool/Ghoul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next