mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
Flat_Track_Bully
Freathy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. Empty
PostSubject: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Your football expert is going for Barnet and Torquay. Argyle will give them a good battle for the relegation places but just about survive. torquay sold all their best players i expect them to go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Barnet's talisman - Macleod - has moved on so I expect them to struggle. And something's nagging away at me, saying that Exeter are going to go through the leagues and back out of the trapdoor into the Conference.

So it's Exeter and Barnet for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm

even better andy, exeter and torquay!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Given we're awash with VERY non-league players.......

Argyle
Barnet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Your football expert is going for Barnet and Torquay. Argyle will give them a good battle for the relegation places but just about survive. torquay sold all their best players i expect them to go down.

I still reckon we have the weakest squad of all 3 Devon sides...we will struggle,no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Barnet & Dagenham.

As it stands we are in for another poor season, but you have to be really sh*te to get relegated from this league, so we should be able to keep our heads above water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Barnet look like the favourites. Then I would pick one of Argyle, Rochdale, Accrington, D&R, Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 pm

23rd and 24th! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Its Barnet and Burton for me. Although I fear we will give them a run for their money without a significant amount of signings in the next month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I did think Exeter would struggle and we would have several additions, but now I'm not so sure.

Unless Port Vale get investment pretty quickly they could go down along with Accrington or Barnet is my guess.
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Exeter insiders think they are nailed on for relegation.

After last season, I would go Exeter and Fleetwood/Daggers/Barnet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
Exeter insiders think they are nailed on for relegation.

After last season, I would go Exeter and Fleetwood/Daggers/Barnet

Fleetwood are the League 2 equivalent of Manchester City at the moment. Probably the best squad and definitely the highest wage bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Maybe so, but our playing budget is one of the largest in this league. And that was straight out of JB's mouth.

That just goes to prove that money doesn't necessarily equal success. Laughing
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 pm

How do you know this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 pm

louisdepalma wrote:
How do you know this?

Who me? Because of the players they have signed. Damian Johnson and Jon Parkin will be two of the highest paid players in this league. DJ was being paid Championship wages by us last season and turned down a new deal at Huddersfield in the Championship to sign for Fleetwood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:10 pm

No wonder bookies make money. Haven't the faintest idea yet. Might have a clue after 10 games.

Is this the intro of the Chuckle Brothers???

Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 pm

To me
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Bernstein wrote:
Maybe so, but our playing budget is one of the largest in this league. And that was straight out of JB's mouth.

That was just said to shift season tickets. CF was obviously closer to the mark with his outburst about not being able to compete with rivals.
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Bernstein wrote:

That was just said to shift season tickets. CF was obviously closer to the mark with his outburst about not being able to compete with rivals.

So you think that JB only said that and was quoted on it to sell more season tickets and all the time he was lying?

Are you serious?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

So you think we have a budget for a promotion pushing side LDP/ Bernstein?
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 pm

I am not sure what you are driving at, but I can assure you I am louisdepalma, it says so over there <----------

You haven't answered my question. Do you think JB lied?

For the record, I will answer your question, yes I do. I think we have the budget to get us to League 1. I'm not convinced we have a) the manager or b) the team (yet) to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Brent doesn't appear to lie what he does is muddy the water a tad so that his words are not exactly clear. "The playing budget" could include signing on fees etc whereas other clubs are not using that budget to obtain the players for example. They are using 55% of income solely for paying players once they have arrived. I don't know that is the case but I do know that Brent does not appear to have put either hand in either pocket to get anyone in. Other club owners must have done that if you look at the signings of some.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:55 pm

What sort of expert would fancy the Turks for the drop ?

Difficult shout though, a thorough perusal suggests there will be no basket cases to ease the nerves and tbh I can only really see 3 or 4 that I fancy to be nailed on in the promotion race, another half dozen that should be upper to mid table, leaving the two to come from a dozen or so, happily that dozen definitely includes you and unfortunately also includes us. At a push I would have to go with the flow and put Barnet and Dagenham down there, it will be v close though and a run of six games of good or bad form could be the difference between safe and not so safe.

The lack of certainty is what makes it special, the only thing even close to certain is the six easy we can look forward to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 pm

The lack of proven signings for us and the one that we did make that had experience is actually injured, I wouldn't be too positive about our ability to stay out of the relegation battle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 am

Barnet and AFC Wimbledon for me who were in freefall towards the end of last season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.   PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO. Empty

Back to top Go down

PREDICT THE BOTTOM TWO.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next