seadog
Freathy
Dougie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
oddball wrote:
Grovey...so were a lot of other good managers.But we got Fletcher and were stuck with him.Just hope he can turn things around,otherwise its going to be a long long season.

We might not be stuck with him y'know.

Oil rich Forest are still searching for a headline manager-if they appoint Fletcher it would certainly hit the headlines!

I do believe they appointed Sean O'Driscoll last week.

Hopefully Sean will want his old mate up there to help him out.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Now the Avivas are complaining about Chadwick being suspended!

Why don't they complain about having a player who manages to get himself sent off in a meaningless friendly? And a Manager who has presided over the Club's worst Disciplinary record ever?

Come to think of it, wouldn't the bigger punishment be to MAKE Chadwick play three first team games for Argyle rather than sit them out?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Thai green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Just back from a wonderful day sitting in the sun for 7 hours watching the cricket team I support win again and retain their top spot in Cornwall League one ! A happy , healthy afternoon/ evening in good friendly company in mid Cornwall.

Oh and I gather there was a match in Dorset, Argyle lost, nothing new there, move on to fighting for a draw against the mighty 8 players of Portsmouth, cynical, maybe, realist yes.

Ok just a pre-season friendly run out as many of you say but let us see what happens after 2 or 3 of these 'friendlies', how intelligent is Chadwick ? 3 games banned , maybe he wanted an extended holiday now that Summer seems to be here?

Such a predictable result after a big build up by some muttering words like promotion etc. Time will tell. we need some signings , praaaper players not rejects.

Are you a Werrington supporter? I played for them for 6 years back in the late 90's/early noughties.

No Greenskin, but i do know Werrington and their ground. I support Redruth in Div 1, although I live a bit nearer Werrington I chose Redruth to support on my return from working in Thailand because it is such a welcoming, friendly and ambitious Club. Their aim this year is to be promoted to the Premier to play against the BIG boys like Werrington.

You live in the Tavy area I see, my first 17 years were spent in that area and very happy ones they were too, I still have not seen anywhere to match the happy, pleasant fun times that I had in your area . Tavy school was good too , fond memories of an enjoyable youth. My early trips to Argyle were on the now closed railway line through Bere Alston - Tamar Valley line, happy days.

Never got to play at Redruth,nearest was Camborne [Roskear?] for a county final many moons ago.Good luck to them in their quest to get to the premier division-Werrington is indeed a big club in local terms,they have 5 teams now and a very productive junior set up,not to mention excellent facilities and superb teas.I think Werrington fourths are at Gunnislake,another of my old clubs sadly struggling for players ATM, in early August, i'll probably go down to watch and catch up with some old mates on both sides.

Funny you should mention the Tavistock-Bere railway,i had word this week from the Devon and Cornwall rail partnership manager that the line will definitely reopen within 5 years-DCC are currently carrying out a lot of structural surveys on the bridges and trackbed on the old line-the timescale now largely depends on the housing market-the line is being funded by the company who have exclusive rights to build a projected 750 houses over the next 15 years in Tavvy.The line is still open from Bere to Plymouth,so Tavvy will at last be reconnected to Plymouth,thus reversing the insane decision by Beeching and his cohorts to close it in the first place.Hopefully in the long term the line will reopen all the way to Okehampton anfd Exeter-Tavvy and Okey are easily big enough now to support a through route and will get bigger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:59 pm

God battered by fooking yeovil and fletcher is still manager! just goes to show how little respect brent and jones have for the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Now the Avivas are complaining about Chadwick being suspended!

Why don't they complain about having a player who manages to get himself sent off in a meaningless friendly? And a Manager who has presided over the Club's worst Disciplinary record ever?

Come to think of it, wouldn't the bigger punishment be to MAKE Chadwick play three first team games for Argyle rather than sit them out?

Not everyone is . I thought he was an absolute idiot and deserved his sending off and 3 match suspension . Can't think what went through his head . i went up late on the spur of the moment and dropped wifey off in Dorchester for shopping and endured the abysmal performance first hand . Mind you we had a smashing weekend stayed in the town a had a great meal with friends and then wandered of down Weymouth way and booked in a nice hotel by the sea . Woke up to hear the waves lapping the shore . Nice full english and then lunch and wandered around weymouth looking at the Olympic preparations .

So was I glad I went ? yes because we had a great weekend . Funny how some on here feel disdain about fans who follow their team in the bad times as well as the good .

As for the football - it was awful and doesn't bode well but we'll see what the next couple of weeks hold .

Enjoy the lovely weather people . Take care .

gg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:16 pm

greengenes wrote:
So was I glad I went ? yes because we had a great weekend . Funny how some on here feel disdain about fans who follow their team in the bad times as well as the good .gg
GG .... If the disdain some bishops have for 'part time supporters' and plastics stopped, perhaps the ping pong might stop. Wouldn't it be just nice to let fans be fans, no matter how they support the club. I know most bishops have had their own years out and sabaticals for differing reasons ... it's how life is. The sort of divide you refer to is not particularly an Argyle thing, nor even a football thing, it goes on in many walks of life... and we all know roughly what it is.

Still, glad you enjoyed your weekend GG after the terrible Summer we've had, I enjoyed mine, hope the Summer football didn't spoil it too much.

I don't frequent that part of the country, and the last time I was in Weymouth for more than a fly through, I was playing for a PYC representative XI and we stayed for the weekend at Bovington Army Camp of all places ..... what a joke that was. There was a Seargant major who was not impressed by the Plymouth and District youth whatsoever and tried to treat us like his young charges. Needless to say, he got short shrift. I don't think any of us said youths joined the army after that experience, obviously no junior leaders in our team..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Thats a reasonable reply and I respect it Penz .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't have a problem with Argyle fans spending shitloads of money and travelling en masse to every game, even a humiliating 5-0 defeat in a friendly where our main striker gets sent off and collects a 3 match ban, but I do wonder how much longer they will be doing it.

Eventually, however devoted you are, the sight of shit football week in week out with no sign of improvement gets to you and other things take on more of a priority, that's why our attendances are dwindling and will continue to do so unless Brent puts his hand in his pocket and Fletcher demonstrates that he has a semblence of a clue as to what he is doing.

There will always be a hardcore of fans who will turn up home and away no matter what league we are in and how we are doing, but the longer this decline happens the more youngsters will find something better to do, like watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Sky and start supporting a winning team.

People like Cobi will become more and more of a rarity if our decline isn't arrested quickly, and judging by our squad at the moment that won't be anytime soon, we will become the likes of Plymouth, instead of this club that the majority of fans think are too big to go down, and 55% of our income minus the back staff pay, will be a pittance.

At the moment we have largish crowds for this league, and even minus the staff debt should be giving us an advantage over the majority of the league, but we have a piss poor squad which is looking thinner and thinner and right now the loss of Chadwick for 3 games is a huge loss for us, and he's shit!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Greenjock wrote:
From the twitter feed it suggested one good save by the Yeovil keeper and a heder that clipped the post. Yeovil had several other good chances and Cole made some fine saves.

Thanks GJ.

I must admit that for the first time in many a year, I have absolutely no feeling of anticipation for the forthcoming season. In fact, no feelings whatsoever.

Maybe that will change as we near the end of August/Pompey game.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:23 pm

I CONTINUE TO FEEL UNDERWHELMED ABOUT ARGO AND THE COMING SEASON.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 pm

*A shit new kit.
*Conflicting messages coming from both Harry and errrr ya' know the gaffer regarding the budget.
*Sexed Up non entity announcements from the PR Dept at Harrys World.
*Sooty & Sweep handing out more badges than the RNLI.
*Hammered 5 0 in our first real test of the season.
*Our main Striker banned for the next 3 games.
*Suggestions of trials for a 32 yr old non league journeyman and an alleged sex pest from Sussex who has yet to make a 1st team appearance for his parent club.
"A novice coaching set up overseeing the worst Argyle Squad in living memory.

If Prozac did pre seasons!

Harry and Co desperately need to gives us all a good news day and sharpish as any enthusiasm that still exists for the forthcoming campaign is melting away like snow in the sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Unless Fletcher makes some very astute signings this team has Conference written all over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:57 pm

It hardly inspires anyone undecided about buying a "Membership".

It wouldn't surprise me to start hearing allsorts of rumours about some half decent players this week to try and raise the spirits of the fans, none of which will have a shred of truth.

Somebody mentioned Jamie Cureton might be training with us? Jamie Cureton who will be 37 next month and scored 2 goals in 26 games last season.

My guess will be Kevin Phillips is in talks Sleep Or Harry Kewell has been made an offer Razz And of course we will end up with Fletcher's dad Steve again on a short term deal.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 am

Herald puts the loss down to Argyle being 'depleted'?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:27 am

i heard tommy tynan was training today
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aviva Aviva Andale
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4