mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Freathy
Dougie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:09 pm

3 match ban for Chadwick according to official Twatter
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Thank god for that. Just need feeno to follow.

Chandlers sent off for elbowing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Why would you elbow someone in a friendly? The refs are usually lenient in them as well so he must have meant it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Oh dear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

4-0 Hayter, but it's a much better second half display and the 3 match ban might not be correct according the the farm.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

We are going up
We are going up

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm

I see the stupid brent and fletcher lovers are saying "but it's only a friendly". They've clearly forgotten the past four or so pre-seasons we've been ultra shit we've also been ultra shit in the league. The fact that we're being completely annihilated by Yeovil doesn't matter.

They really can't see that this 'team' and 'manager' are pile of shit heading for certain expulsion from the football league next May. Looks like I'll be giving this season a miss too.

F*** OFF BRENT YOU WASTE OF SPACE!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:39 pm

5-0 lolololo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:50 pm

5-0 FT
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Come off it,you moaning barstewards.Yeovil are a big club and there is no way that Argyle can be expected to beat them.What the feck do you feckers want,blood? Makes me sick.I'm going to cheer myself up and watch England trounce South Africa at cricket instead.

NB Don't forget we haven't finished trawling the Faroe Islands league yet for new talent.

Enjoy the ride! lol! lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:24 pm

And to think that Johnson was available for a time last season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Grovey...so were a lot of other good managers.But we got Fletcher and were stuck with him.Just hope he can turn things around,otherwise its going to be a long long season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

I see on Pasoti they are giving it the old "dont panic" mantra
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 pm

oddball wrote:
Grovey...so were a lot of other good managers.But we got Fletcher and were stuck with him.Just hope he can turn things around,otherwise its going to be a long long season.

We might not be stuck with him y'know.

Oil rich Forest are still searching for a headline manager-if they appoint Fletcher it would certainly hit the headlines!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Grovehill wrote:
oddball wrote:

We might not be stuck with him y'know.

Oil rich Forest are still searching for a headline manager-if they appoint Fletcher it would certainly hit the headlines!

I do believe they appointed Sean O'Driscoll last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:40 pm

It was only a friendly, and we were reduced to 10 men, btw does anyone know if this does mean a 3 match ban?, against a team a league above us who had been preparing for the season much longer than us.

BUT, it was already 2 or 3-0 when Chadwick got sent off, and all balanced reports were saying it could have been 5 or 6 by half-time, and we are notoriously hard to score against and defence is our strongpoint.

A meaningless pre-season friendly against non-league Truro, who's owner will be absolutely desperate for them to beat us, now starts to look a little more important. If Truro play us off the park down there it wouldn't look too good after today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Deja Vu, groundhog day.....
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Not sure how to unpick that. In a game played at zero pace we still had less than that. In a team loaded with youngsters Chadwick chooses to set an example by petulantly swinging an elbow. Friendly or not ban or no ban I hope Fletcher fines him and sticks him in the stiffs for a couple of days. Not sure what position Cowan Hall was signed to play but he was out of place today. I hope Fletch and his advisors got something from today. No one else would. Fairly awful.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Greenjock wrote:
It was only a friendly, and we were reduced to 10 men, btw does anyone know if this does mean a 3 match ban?, against a team a league above us who had been preparing for the season much longer than us.

BUT, it was already 2 or 3-0 when Chadwick got sent off, and all balanced reports were saying it could have been 5 or 6 by half-time, and we are notoriously hard to score against and defence is our strongpoint.

A meaningless pre-season friendly against non-league Truro, who's owner will be absolutely desperate for them to beat us, now starts to look a little more important. If Truro play us off the park down there it wouldn't look too good after today.

I'm trying very hard to "take the positives",which seems to be a much in vogue mantra these days.Pre season friendlies are meaningless and i seem to remember Newcastle losing one at Orient 6-1 a year or two ago,then storming to the CCC title.Some of Argyle's pre season games last year were not bad and gave hope of better things to come,which were soon dashed when the reality of the season proper kicked in.I'm hoping against hope that this result today will represent an exact reversal of last year but it is disturbing when you read of alleged interest in 32 year old welsh league players and spanish fourth division rejects,which i believe the guy who played today was.Can't say i like the look of the way things are going and the support [and quite possibly some senior players] need an urgent boost to demonstrate some genuine intent that progress is being sought,otherwise things could very quickly get out of control and the natives will start to get very restless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm

I would hazard a guess that the Newcastle team who lost 6-1 to Orient had another team playing another friendly elsewhere at the same time. That tends to happen a lot with the big teams and it's usually a Newcastle XI that loses heavily like that.

This was our entire squad, and it doesn't look as though we have any new players on the horizon, despite all the rumours, and I could understand it more if we lost say 3-0 and conceded 2 late goals when tiring from lack of match fitness, but this doesn't bode well at all.

If our hard to break down team concede goals against Truro it will be even more worrying, and again our strike power is a huge issue.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I would hazard a guess that the Newcastle team who lost 6-1 to Orient had another team playing another friendly elsewhere at the same time. That tends to happen a lot with the big teams and it's usually a Newcastle XI that loses heavily like that.

This was our entire squad, and it doesn't look as though we have any new players on the horizon, despite all the rumours, and I could understand it more if we lost say 3-0 and conceded 2 late goals when tiring from lack of match fitness, but this doesn't bode well at all.

If our hard to break down team concede goals against Truro it will be even more worrying, and again our strike power is a huge issue.

Know what you're saying about the less than full strength team Jock,indeed that is the case sometimes,but the Newcastle team was a full strength one;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not that there's any comparison really,Newcastle had so much quality that it was bound to come good eventually,wish i could say the same about our squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Down to Goran Haven for me, heavenly walk around Dodman point, a cup of tea here, a pint there. Yet some people still decide on the first real weekend of the Summer to trapse up to Dorchester to see the pounding of yet another very very poor Argyle set up. Words fail me. How's the saying go ? Crap in, crap out. The squad is almost exactly the same, so the same will result, let alone the apparently very intelligent gentleman in charge of team affairs. Perhaps there's a bromance going on similar to that Toddy and Luggy had going.... a bit like Ted and his Lord and master in the Fast Show .... was it Bob ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Same shite, different season - well, pre-season anyway.

Stuffed by the mighty Yeovil. Roll on August. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aviva Aviva Andale
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next