mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Freathy
Dougie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:11 pm

I wondered how the defeat was being taken on Cerbs site as well as on Pasoti, and it's just as you would imagine on Pasoti, anyway criticising gets it in the neck, and on Cerbs site

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems that Ghost, Bubba, Zold Skot, Scooby Doo and Stan who were so vocal about me and pro Newell and Pasoti, don't bother with the site since Newell deleted his account to try and cover up the PI business.

Not one of them bothers with the site anymore which is a little bit Pied Piper like, but it just shows that they signed up to attack me and ATD in general (Cue Cerbs site having lots of traffic tonight) Razz

Wankers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Other than remind Penz that the north is far better than the south. No one ever came out with a statement like 'from pentire point to hartland light tis a watery grave by day or night' about Freathy or rame head.

It's yet another black day for argyle. How long does Brent think he's goin to get away with it,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Same shite, different season - well, pre-season anyway.

Stuffed by the mighty Yeovil. Roll on August. Rolling Eyes

Roll on August 9th,Hurdwick v Sparkwell,bring it on baby! I think our match at Sparkwell has been rearranged for sometime in September,fingers crossed for some decent weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Has Fletcher Erm ya know commented on the match yet?

I hope Chadwick gets his ass kicked, but not his knee, because it left PCH up front on his own so playing out of position in his first game, and he might now be wondering WTF he has let himself in for.

I don't understand the Pasoti mindset that it's ok because Yeovil have played 2 more pre-season games than us. Why have they? Are they taking their league more seriously than us?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Come on then you brent and fletcher lovers, I'm dying to hear your defence of this pair now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Other than remind Penz that the north is far better than the south. No one ever came out with a statement like 'from pentire point to hartland light tis a watery grave by day or night' about Freathy or rame head.

It's yet another black day for argyle. How long does Brent think he's goin to get away with it,

Nice post that Boggy, and you're dead right, well, until the South coast goes West to Pendeen, of course. That's why the Navy use Whitsands Bay to spend their time ... a bit like indoor 5-a-side football, nothing like the REAL thing, and home in time for tea.
Bedruthan to Bude is by far my favourite, and Crackington will be getting the dainty tread of my softee Southern feet tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Freathy wrote:
Come on then you brent and fletcher lovers, I'm dying to hear your defence of this pair now.

I'm not a Brent or Fletcher lover. (Is the definition of "a brent or Fletcher lover" anyone that doesn't join in with the vitriol?) But it's the first pre-season friendly against a team from a higher division. We played lots of the match with 10 men. It would have been good to have won. But it isn't a tragedy.

But don't let me spoil your performance.

Last edited by knecht on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Chins up lads... Tis only the beginning.

As we are constantly being told... "It's only about the fitness"!

So... How fit did everyone look today. Has all the boxing etc paid off?

I suppose Chadders is the best to answer that...
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:10 pm

knecht wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I'm not a Brent or Fletcher lover. (Is the definition of "a brent or Fletcher lover" anyone that doesn't join in with the vitriol?) But it's the first pre-season friendly against a team from a higher division. We played lots of the match with 10 men. It would have been good to have won. But it isn't a tragedy.

But don't let me spoil your performance.

It's a bit deeper than that though,really.Personally i am prepared to give Mr Brent and the powers that be a chance to prove that they truly mean what they say about competitive budget,defeatist talk,we will provide the finance,etc,etc.But it's the seeming inertia from the management [at all levels] that bothers me the most.You know as well as i do that the squad that finished last season,now shorn of arguably some of its better players,simply was not good enough to make an impact other than through a dire defensive survival exercise.It's an interesting comparson between Yeovil and Argyle.Johnson cleared out the deadwood which was within their club and has signed 9 new players,i believe.His rationale was that the pre season was a good time to bed players in and hit the ground running,so to speak.Can you honestly say that the Argyle way of doing things inspires as much confidence as the Yeovil one? It sure doesn't for me.Also interesting to see the "knee jerking"threads on PASOTI-seems to me as if people have been knee jerking for about 5 years now and it can't be denied that this Patella bashing has been justified.I don't like the way things are shaping up,i really don't-i hope that your more laid back attitude is the right one and my fears are merely neurotic,but i doubt it somehow.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Roll on August 9th,Hurdwick v Sparkwell,bring it on baby! I think our match at Sparkwell has been rearranged for sometime in September,fingers crossed for some decent weather.

Indeed it has, looking forward to the challenge of the Hurdwick hedges! We gave Chulmleigh a damn good thrashing in the week, so beware!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:44 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Indeed it has, looking forward to the challenge of the Hurdwick hedges! We gave Chulmleigh a damn good thrashing in the week, so beware!

Don't want to be a boastful old barsteward but i aced the 10th hole at Hurdwick against Chulmleigh last year-first shot of the match,shotgun start! What a downer eh,coming all that way from Chulmleigh and someone sticks it right in the bucket! lol! Did you beat them up there? If so,it was a darned good result,all par 3 course,some holes only about 55 yards but very tricky.Damned good spread afterwards,too,nice little club,unfortunately our match up there was rained off this year,yet to be rearranged.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:57 pm

sounds like we were pistol whipped.

not the greatest start, no reason for panic by any means, harry though will have to find a way of financing some new players maybe the GT's will have a whip round? jocolor

until the 'charity' stops and proper football business returns the status quo will continue.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I wondered how the defeat was being taken on Cerbs site as well as on Pasoti, and it's just as you would imagine on Pasoti, anyway criticising gets it in the neck, and on Cerbs site

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems that Ghost, Bubba, Zold Skot, Scooby Doo and Stan who were so vocal about me and pro Newell and Pasoti, don't bother with the site since Newell deleted his account to try and cover up the PI business.

Not one of them bothers with the site anymore which is a little bit Pied Piper like, but it just shows that they signed up to attack me and ATD in general (Cue Cerbs site having lots of traffic tonight) Razz

Wankers

Interesting bit about Cureton though.I saw something about that the other day,anyone confirm or deny?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Greenskin wrote:
It's a bit deeper than that though,really.Personally i am prepared to give Mr Brent and the powers that be a chance to prove that they truly mean what they say about competitive budget,defeatist talk,we will provide the finance,etc,etc.But it's the seeming inertia from the management [at all levels] that bothers me the most.You know as well as i do that the squad that finished last season,now shorn of arguably some of its better players,simply was not good enough to make an impact other than through a dire defensive survival exercise.It's an interesting comparson between Yeovil and Argyle.Johnson cleared out the deadwood which was within their club and has signed 9 new players,i believe.His rationale was that the pre season was a good time to bed players in and hit the ground running,so to speak.Can you honestly say that the Argyle way of doing things inspires as much confidence as the Yeovil one? It sure doesn't for me.Also interesting to see the "knee jerking"threads on PASOTI-seems to me as if people have been knee jerking for about 5 years now and it can't be denied that this Patella bashing has been justified.I don't like the way things are shaping up,i really don't-i hope that your more laid back attitude is the right one and my fears are merely neurotic,but i doubt it somehow.

I agree with all that you say. I no longer want rumours about who we are going to sign - I want a signing that inspires. Nothing so far. But I guess this point of close seasons have often been when things get frustrating.

I actually am not as "laid back" as you suggest. The trouble is, if you do that you fall into the trap of the "Either for us or against us brigade". My response was more to do with irritation at the predictable negative knee-jerk reaction of the usual suspects on here.

(Also fed up with the "Jock saga" ..... and all that's around it!)
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Just back from a wonderful day sitting in the sun for 7 hours watching the cricket team I support win again and retain their top spot in Cornwall League one ! A happy , healthy afternoon/ evening in good friendly company in mid Cornwall.

Oh and I gather there was a match in Dorset, Argyle lost, nothing new there, move on to fighting for a draw against the mighty 8 players of Portsmouth, cynical, maybe, realist yes.

Ok just a pre-season friendly run out as many of you say but let us see what happens after 2 or 3 of these 'friendlies', how intelligent is Chadwick ? 3 games banned , maybe he wanted an extended holiday now that Summer seems to be here?

Such a predictable result after a big build up by some muttering words like promotion etc. Time will tell. we need some signings , praaaper players not rejects.

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 am

As most of us on here already knew the current crop of players are extremely poor. All the spin and all the detracting crap that's spewed out of Home Park recently has attempted to deflect away from the crapness of the squad and the refusal by brent to pay for new L2 standard players. But put this 'team' on the pitch all the spin in the world can't cover up the fact it's at best Conference South standard. I'm sure there will be more spin spewing forth from brent shortly which no-one but the thickest of avivas will swallow but unless there is 3 or 4 L2 standard players brought in immediately we will be rooted firmly to the bottom of L2 right from the off.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:04 am

Thai green wrote:
Just back from a wonderful day sitting in the sun for 7 hours watching the cricket team I support win again and retain their top spot in Cornwall League one ! A happy , healthy afternoon/ evening in good friendly company in mid Cornwall.

Oh and I gather there was a match in Dorset, Argyle lost, nothing new there, move on to fighting for a draw against the mighty 8 players of Portsmouth, cynical, maybe, realist yes.

Ok just a pre-season friendly run out as many of you say but let us see what happens after 2 or 3 of these 'friendlies', how intelligent is Chadwick ? 3 games banned , maybe he wanted an extended holiday now that Summer seems to be here?

Such a predictable result after a big build up by some muttering words like promotion etc. Time will tell. we need some signings , praaaper players not rejects.

Are you a Werrington supporter? I played for them for 6 years back in the late 90's/early noughties.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:20 am

Greenskin wrote:
Thai green wrote:

Are you a Werrington supporter? I played for them for 6 years back in the late 90's/early noughties.

No Greenskin, but i do know Werrington and their ground. I support Redruth in Div 1, although I live a bit nearer Werrington I chose Redruth to support on my return from working in Thailand because it is such a welcoming, friendly and ambitious Club. Their aim this year is to be promoted to the Premier to play against the BIG boys like Werrington.

You live in the Tavy area I see, my first 17 years were spent in that area and very happy ones they were too, I still have not seen anywhere to match the happy, pleasant fun times that I had in your area . Tavy school was good too , fond memories of an enjoyable youth. My early trips to Argyle were on the now closed railway line through Bere Alston - Tamar Valley line, happy days.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 am

Fiendlies are friendles they don't usually tell you much , but in this case maybe the result has
What was Chadwick thinking of, needs his ass kickng.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:08 pm

How many attempts on target did we have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm

From the twitter feed it suggested one good save by the Yeovil keeper and a heder that clipped the post. Yeovil had several other good chances and Cole made some fine saves.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 pm

I bet Harry ain't too happy with the score. Last week the appeal went out for further purchase of season tickets to fund new players. Although only a friendly, those who are waiting to see what happens, before purchasing a ST, are certainly not going to be spending any time soon.

Isn't the next friendly (against league opposition) a couple of weeks away? Defeats against the non-league clubs will further hit potential sales. People may write this off as'only a friendly' but I would think there will now be pressure on CF (from above) to ensure Argyle do not play so poorly in the next few friendlies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm just glad we've still got our club jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:38 pm

CA...quite agree,privately the directors cant be happy with that performance notwithstanding that it was a pre season friendly.Season tickets/memberships call em what you like any going go flying out the window after yesterday's showing.I'll expect Fletcher to put out a strong team at Truro from the start with the orders to ATTACK,ATTACK,ATTACK.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Our first game of the season is just under a month away, and I can't dismiss yesterday as purely a fitness exercise. Losing 5-0 in that manner, to a team only a division above, is unacceptable at any point - before or during the season.

Fletcher's comments on the website have been predictable and I can't help but feel that he lacks any kind of insight. He was a functional player (at a decent level), but he's even less inspiring as a manager. We've got a coaching set-up embarking on their first pre-season in charge, and the lack of experience from the board to team management is frightening. But still they can talk a good game, give the Herald a page's worth of drivel when it's a slow news day, and still expect us to fork out for a season ticket or £20 a match, which they absurdly claim is great value for money!

It's an inflated squad made up of nothing but filler and I truly hope that Brent, Flecther et al don't believe the stuff they say in the paper. Because if they do, they need a massive reality check.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aviva Aviva Andale   Aviva Aviva Andale - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aviva Aviva Andale
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next