Dougie
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You said that last season Freathy.

FFS! Last season was a disaster to end all disasters. We were shit! crap! garbage! We were f***ing rubbish. If it wasn't for a few staggeringly shit teams we'd have never have climbed out the bottom 2 just in the nick of time and we'd have sunk to non-league oblivion. Will we be so lucky next season?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Iggy wrote:
tcm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
tcm wrote:
mate if he had a 3 year contract these muppets would still be moaning,nothings ever gona please em,feckin joke fans

No. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in giving Fletcher the shortest term contract he can get away with and coming out with vacuous quotes in the media

And at least we care we are going no where you feckin puppet.
glad to hear you care iggy,or i think thats what you meen?thought i was the one with crap english and yes i like the muppets,,,,,,,,,, well i wouldnt be on this site else would i,, jocolor jocolor

I called you a tw@t,,,,,,
ooooooo moody
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Moody, tcm, see freathys last post lol!

Last edited by shonbo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You said that last season Freathy.

FFS! Last season was a disaster to end all disasters. We were shit! crap! garbage! We were f***ing rubbish. If it wasn't for a few staggeringly shit teams we'd have never have climbed out the bottom 2 just in the nick of time and we'd have sunk to non-league oblivion. Will we be so lucky next season?

Yeah br we got our football club back (minus the bits of any value) thanks to James Brent who saved us (and the council). But more much more than this we've got a big flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Didn't say we were great last season Freathy but we didn't drop out of the league as was expected by many. You said we would last season and we didn't. You were certain then. I'll let you know if there are two worse teams than us this season when it has kicked off. You never know we might be that lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm

The big trouble for Jonah is that he's seen by many as part of the past failures, he's seen as part of the bad days of changing room discontent and the crap that was going on, and as one of the employees that negotiated themselves a new contract by agreeing to defer what they were owed... hardly contracts negotiated out of merit.. i.e. ... he doesn't represent new growth.

He's also seen by the odd person or two, including me, as a bit of a strike breaker and a captain that saw off three managers, to take the role himself, despite being THE captain through all these appaling performances. and relegations.
I don't say Jonah lightly... I mean it.... send him back to Bournemouth and let them blood him in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 pm

That's pretty good going for a thick dullard Penz if he truely managed all of that. Perhaps he is more canny than he is given credit for. This "ya know" thing is a bloody good act and has a lot fooled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:54 pm

My issue with this interview is I've heard it about 3 times already from Brent about Fletcher, and it's still only mid July.

If there isn't a story to be had stop rehashing the same one.

Any news on the transfer front Carl? No? Ok I'll try you again in a few days.
Hello Mr Brent, you have anything on the transfer budget, or with the progress of the grandstand or how much has been paid off the staff pay? What's that nothing? Ok thanks for your time.

In sports news we concentrate on some grass roots stories today, with a feature on the disappearing football pitches and cuts in funding for sports in schools.

DO YOUR BLOODY JOBS JOURNALISTS FFS. BRENT RATES FLETCHER AND IS AMAZED AT HIS WORK ETHIC AGAIN? Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 pm

I notice you got your priorities right and commented on the Pasty thread first Jock. You obviously do know what's important news and what's dross.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I notice you got your priorities right and commented on the Pasty thread first Jock. You obviously do know what's important news and what's dross.......

Pasties are far more newsworthy than this rehashed shite again. If they try and string the pasty vote along over the next few weeks, to hide the fact that they have only had 16 votes, then I will be unleashing my fury on the pasties too don't you worry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Wasn't criticising your choice of topic Jock I know that what goes down your throat is more important than anything. Rightly so when it comes to pasties although I might argue a bit with the cider. I've never liked cider even though I've drunk it. I couldn't take it in the days when it was rough scrumpy. A couple of pints was about it but it was a dead cheap night out at 9d a pint as a starter. It was spitting out the bits after each mouthful that put me off.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 am

My views on Fletcher are well documented and positive. I won't go over it all but I'll add two points:

1) Brent hasn't offered Fletcher a "piss poor" contract or the "worst he could offer". It's a one year rolling contract. Not a one year contract. A rolling contract is a contract that always has a set amount of time left on it. So last month, this month, next month and September, he will have a year left on his contract.
2) How do you know he's a strike breaker PP? I don't think it was ever documented how the idea of a strike ever came to light and/or why it didn't happen. There are a million ways in which the dynamics of the situation could potentially have unraveled.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:50 am

I think we are all (including myself) still experiencing the a hangover effect from going through three crap, demoralising seasons, as the new season has'nt started yet, we have nothing to compare last season with. Objectively the vast majority of last seasons performances were very poor, and I think it's a fair point that we only survived, due to the performances of two even poorer teams, rather than we positively played our way to survival. However given the nature of football, if we do well this season e.g in or near the play offs - all will be forgotten. We are where we are, Fletcher is the manager, the squad is probably more or less finalised, so as fans we have a chice to support or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thumbs up for Fletch,
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3