Dougie
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tcm

tcm

Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Iggy wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
tcm wrote:
mate if he had a 3 year contract these muppets would still be moaning,nothings ever gona please em,feckin joke fans

No. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in giving Fletcher the shortest term contract he can get away with and coming out with vacuous quotes in the media

And at least we care we are going no where you feckin puppet.
glad to hear you care iggy,or i think thats what you meen?thought i was the one with crap english and yes i like the muppets,,,,,,,,,, well i wouldnt be on this site else would i,, jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
arnt pictures of people sticking there thumbs up realy interesting,,,,,,,,,,i also like the ones of people hopping and when they sometimes fall over,

Just for you then my commie friend, here is a picture that should turn you on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let me know if you would like a laminated version
thank you ,must admitt that is a nice pic,not sure what laminated meens but it sounds fun cyclops
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
arnt pictures of people sticking there thumbs up realy interesting,,,,,,,,,,i also like the ones of people hopping and when they sometimes fall over,

thank you ,must admitt that is a nice pic,not sure what laminated meens but it sounds fun cyclops
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:51 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:43 pm

That's a terrible stammer you are developing there tcm. You can get treatment but the simplest is to pause before pressing the send button again and again.

I can't see anything wrong with this Herald article. The owner is backing his employee having hired him. Is there something I'm missing here that is unusual. I can't see much wrong with a one year contract either. We got in deep shit by offering staff long contracts previously which huge portions of the supporters condemned. Why then the condemnation that this one is short. Isn't short contracts what people said we should have had?

I find it quite amusing that people also judge Fletcher on his media skills. So what if he doesn't sound great. It's what his squad do on the pitch that is important not how he talks to the BBC after a match. He was given a remit last season to keep Argyle in the football league by pretty much everyone. Owner and supporter. Most if honest didn't believe it could be done but against a lot of odds he succeeded. The failure of the club was before his managership so you can't blame him for any of that. The remit this season is to do well and achieve promotion. He hasn't failed that one yet as the season hasn't started. I'm not backing him to succeed in that one particularly but who is to say right now that he won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:04 pm

So good he said it thrice.

I was about to post similar to sensible but I shan't bother now.

I'm trying to avoid putting on my stuck-record but nobody else does so......

Fletcher is apparently going to play a more fluid, attacking style. He had a job to do last season and he did it. Let's judge what he can do a few weeks into the new campaign.

We still need a striker who scores, a creative, experienced mid-fielder and defensive cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

The thing is knecht that the condemnation is like a stuck record so the defence of not condemning for the sake of it is bound to be the same. If it wasn't for stuck record subjects these websites would die slowly and painfully. Keep playing it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

tcm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
tcm wrote:
mate if he had a 3 year contract these muppets would still be moaning,nothings ever gona please em,feckin joke fans

No. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy in giving Fletcher the shortest term contract he can get away with and coming out with vacuous quotes in the media

glad to hear you care iggy,or i think thats what you meen?thought i was the one with crap english and yes i like the muppets,,,,,,,,,, well i wouldnt be on this site else would i,, jocolor jocolor

I called you a puppet you muppet,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm

tcm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
tcm wrote:

I called you a muppet,,,,, you puppet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm

tcm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
tcm wrote:

I called you a tw@t,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:19 pm

SG.......... I'm not backing him to succeed in that one particularly but who is to say right now that he won't.

Moi.

If Fletch was given Ferguson's job at United tomorrow, I'd put a lot of money on United not being in Europe the following year................ unless they sacked him before Christmas lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

The thing that nobody has mentioned however is that last season Fletcher had a couple of mentors to guide him and no one knows whether it was the input of those mentors that kept us up or the input of Fletcher.Now that he is standing on his own two feet so to speak we shall see in the coming weeks just how good Fletcher is. In true 'allo 'allo fashion I shall post this only once.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:30 pm

We should think ourselves lucky that we even know the length of Fletchers contract.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 pm

oddball wrote:
The thing that nobody has mentioned however is that last season Fletcher had a couple of mentors to guide him and no one knows whether it was the input of those mentors that kept us up or the input of Fletcher.Now that he is standing on his own two feet so to speak we shall see in the coming weeks just how good Fletcher is. In true 'allo 'allo fashion I shall post this only once.

He's still got that other couple of mentals to advise him lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Well there's the stuck record syndrome again........

Thing is Tring that somebody has to be right although as you might have noticed I haven't expressed an opinion on success or failure. What I did say was who knows and, despite you thinking it's you, you don't know anymore than anyone else. You "think" he won't succeed you don't know he won't. Quite what Man U have got to do with anything I'm not sure. No doubt there are quite a few managers who might fail in that job so Fletcher isn't unique there.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm

You win.I'll shut up for a while. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Thing is Tring that somebody has to be right although as you might have noticed I haven't expressed an opinion on success or failure.

Yes, you have Sensible. I love you You called Knecht a thicko pauper, a failure in fact. Have you always felt this way, and are you ashamed your friends and family never succeeded ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Thing is Tring that somebody has to be right although as you might have noticed I haven't expressed an opinion on success or failure. What I did say was who knows and, despite you thinking it's you, you don't know anymore than anyone else. You "think" he won't succeed you don't know he won't. Quite what Man U have got to do with anything I'm not sure. No doubt there are quite a few managers who might fail in that job so Fletcher isn't unique there.

No still not adding up. Talking him up as the next Brian Cloughie on one hand and offering a piss poor contract on the other. Some people still believe Fletcher is going to play an expansive style of football next season, again he's scarcely been allowed to sign any players. Wafflng to the press on one hand, failing to back it up with action on the other

Some people just like to believe what they told anything else hurts their brains.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

No still not adding up. Talking him up as the next Brian Cloughie on one hand and offering a piss poor contract on the other. Some people still believe Fletcher is going to play an expansive style of football next season, again he's scarcely been allowed to sign any players. Wafflng to the press on one hand, failing to back it up with action on the other

Some people just like to believe what they told anything else hurts their brains.

Boggy, he signed a load of players, unfortunately they were the ones that were left from last season instead of getting rid Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Careful, it looks like pedantic is taking over everywhere. It is with great regret that none of my male friends or family have ever made professional football as player or manager. None of my female friends or family have married one. Yes I'm ashamed but have learned to live with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes, I think the 'expansive' thing is just a sales technique.
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between epxansive football and the posession football that Peter Reid espoused and the oh so knowledgeable IJN gave the thumbs up for pre season before the colapse
I certaiinly don't know. the only attractive football I've really seen at Home Park has been played by teams managed by goalkeepers. Even Holloways footbal wasn't great.... just throw on 4 forwards at the end. We haven't the players to play attractive football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Careful, it looks like pedantic is taking over everywhere. It is with great regret that none of my male friends or family have ever made professional football as player or manager. None of my female friends or family have married one. Yes I'm ashamed but have learned to live with it.

So, picking you up on your own arguments is now pedantic is it ? clown C'mon Sensible, cheer up.
Fletcher's not made the best of starts in his new career, surely you can understand some of us have that view. Live with it and move on. I would be delighted if he starts turning things around, but I can't see where that's going to happen given what I saw after Ridsdale departed the scene.... very poor, and that was with the advantage of having their backs against the wall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I think that is a slight exageration on what Brent is reported as having said Bogsider. He is backing his judgement in employing Fletcher not branding him the next Clough. He is saying he likes what he sees and some people have told him they like what they see. The 1 year contract is in line with not giving out long contracts that were so widely condemned by everyone previously. How is that wrong?

My take on expansive football is that it is "go for it" a bit like Holloway does with Blackpool. Possession is not letting the other side have the ball but just playing keep ball and nothing else. Didn't we all just love Shilton's team.

I just love using the word pedantic now Penz as it's so in and down with the boys in the Village. I don't see how anyone can say Fletcher has failed so far is all. He was given a remit last season and managed it. You know full well that most Argyle fans thought we were going down even before he took over. We didn't so that in itself is a success surely. A struggle yes but not a failure.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Fans of other clubs are reading about new signings in their local press. What has our local rag got to report? Nothing! Zilch! Nought! Big fat zero! With our current 'squad' were facing certain expulsion from the FL next May and all that comes out of the club is this f***ing inane drivel!

BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 pm

You said that last season Freathy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for Fletch,   Thumbs up for Fletch, - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thumbs up for Fletch,
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next