HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More revelations in today's 'Erald

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

More revelations in today's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:26 am

Quote :
There was a County Court Judgement against Mr Heaney personally in Exeter on July 14 over an £18,978 debt. As of the beginning of last week, the judgement debt had not been paid. The claimant, Exeter-based accountants and tax advisers Thomas Westcott, declined to comment.

The Herald made fresh attempts to contact Mr Heaney last week, visiting his home and business with fans' questions.

There was no answer at his Truro city centre offices – and its letterbox was sealed shut. The property appeared bare, except for a boardroom table and stacks of cardboard boxes.

More evidence that former directors are involved in the PB

Quote :
Bishop International were chosen as preferred bidders in May after offering the best deal to secured creditors.

They include Lombard, owed £2.1million in cash personally guaranteed by former Pilgrims chiefs Paul Stapleton, Robert Dennerly and Tony Wrathall.

Lombard are being offered the bulk back, prompting speculation of ex-directors' involvement.

A company named PAFC 2011 Limited was set up in Mr Heaney's partner's name in March, with its address given as Mr Stapleton's accountancy practice. He denies knowledge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 am

Yep, definitely former owners. Once again, it appears the bid really was just a pre pack after all to rid themselves of huge debts and use the opportunity as the best time to 'realise' their property potential. Heaney really is not on his own.

An interesting quote from Ridsdale ...he chooses every word carefully.
Quote :
"For me, stability and affordability have been my top issues in agreeing this," Mr Ridsdale said. "I just can't believe somebody would be doing all this work to not complete."

That's the very first public chink between Ridsdale and the PBs ... he would not have said anything like that a couple of weeks ago..... "Oh ! If I had known he was like that, I wouldn't have married him !"
Looks like he's laid the seeds to divorce himself from 'Heaney' if necessary ... and he's still up for a bit of bed hopping as a last resort ..... stability ? I think they all deserve eachother ha ! Laughing
Self ! Self ! Self !
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 am

The deal has always been fishier than haddockls bathing costume but what clinched it for me was the comments Heaney made at one of his 'muggings', the one in London I believe. What possible reason could he have for defending Paul Stapleton so doggedly and suggesting he was really hard done by.

Heaney has no credibility in the business world, he has had a business liquidated and has an outstanding CCJ, no consortium or investor in their right mind would want him invlolved. There HAS to be a vested interest somewhere and the only people who'd have a vested interest are the previous board members.

It's an absolute crock of shit, the natural gag reflex of all human beings should stop this deal being swallowed, yet (allegedly) 2,400 people have given this lot their season ticket money in advance. So much for morals, so much for principles eh Evil or Very Mad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 am

The trouble is Smiffo, the 'fans' leaders' have gagged themselves with their own 'rescue package' .... and they are publicly stating they hope this bid goes through.... it's just a self imposed gag in effect at the most important time. They're almost doing Ridsdale's and Stapleton's job for them. Still, you can't tell them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 am

penzancepirate wrote:
The trouble is Smiffo, the 'fans' leaders' have gagged themselves with their own 'rescue package' .... and they are publicly stating they hope this bid goes through.... it's just a self imposed gag in effect at the most important time. They're almost doing Ridsdale's and Stapleton's job for them. Still, you can't tell them.

At least WE tried to tell them. Between the impotent Trust, the indifferent PCC and the ever shifting Pasoti position[whichever way the wind blows], we are being well and truly shafted.

No other set of supporters would be so parochial as to let them get away with it.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:45 am

Better to have the safety net than not have it though surely. No-one but the three amigoes has any confidence in it actually coming up with the required monies so if it's going to fail at least something is there to catch the debris. I don't believe anyone involved in Plan B "hopes plan A will succeed" either, I just see that as a legal pleasantry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Everyone is going on about a safety net Smiffo. but how abot this scenario:-

We all know the club can run for a year in administration. If, and it's a big IF, 'Heaney' pulls out, what's to stop one of the protagonists making another seperate bid.

If Heaney's backers are mainly the locals then I can see how this bid might be short of money and in trouble. However, if it's Kagami, now they have obtained enough information and know how from Ridsdale, Abe and Kagami may well have pulled out to rid themselves of Heaney and Stapeton/Wrathall, let them flounder, and are busy concocting another seperate bid as we speak ... that would be my tactic if I were them. If they were fronting a lot of the money, why would they share the future ownership with Heaney and Co ?

They aren't interested if the football team plumet and would be delighted to see yet many more months of football liabilities piling up to be negotiated downward on completion.

Meanhile Pasoti Trust are left as idle watchers, dusting off chairs and waiting for goddo, afraid of campaigning about anything.

I would be very surprised if there weren't a Plan C being hatched somewhere if Abe really has fallen out with everyone... the last thing they would want is a rescue package not far short of liquidation levels of repayment. Either way it's going to drag on.... Buckets at the ready.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm

We've seen it all from the NWO so don't get me wrong, I don't underestimate the abilities of a businessman to look at a turd of a situation and convince himself he can perform alchemy on it. They're all a bunch of delluded dreamers with self interest aforethought and no concept of the possibility of failure. I'm sure plots are being formed left right and centre.

Trouble is if Heaney did drop the ball (and that's not nearly as unlikely as you think) speed would have to be of the essence. It'd have to be ready to go from minute one, hour one, day one - especially if the season had already started. We've seen how "presently" the Japanese sent money, we've seen how hands off and disinterested all the NWO were in the 'wilderness years', they didn't even know where the tiller was let alone how to steer it.

I feel we are better off for having Plan B, than not having plan B. And as I posted on another thread I really hope the 'anti' plan B voices are doing so for genuine heartfelt and logical reasons not just because the begrudge other fans sitting at the supposed 'top table' at some metaphorical Argyle knob comparison convention. That really would be cutting noses off to spite faces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:12 pm

You’re right Smiffy, it would be foolish to dismiss a Plan B simply because of the personalities involved, but owing to the personalities involved it creates a vast amount of distrust of their true personal motives which are hidden under the “prapppper fan” masquerade.

However, my own personal gut feeling is that Plan B would be the better option but only by a very slim margin indeed that hangs in the balance simply because of the personalities involved and the fact that those very people have been stabbing each other in the back for years makes me question if even a Plan B could work. But it would be foolish to dismiss such a fall back when it seems clearer every day that a fall back may well be required and, if it isn’t then none of it matters anyway.

So who would be involved in a Plan B?

Brent - Owner
Ridsdale – Chairman?
Jones – VC?
Webb – Trust Rep?
Newell - WTF?
Etc?
Etc?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Conclusive proof that,as many of us have suspected,the club was not marketed and that one way or another,this has been a stitch up from the start:

"In some respects it's relatively straightforward. A lot of the work has been done by Ridsdale and Hinchliffe" admitted Brendan at a press conference in Sheffield on Saturday. "They have identified the purchasers so I don't think I have to go through marketing or produce an information memorandum. "I have got the offer of assistance from Peter Ridsdale and from David Jones, the financial consultant at the club.
"Peter Ridsdale has, as it were, acted as an administrator. "I watched him in a TV interview and he was very good. He spoke about what he was doing, and I thought 'you are doing my job.' "I think I have seen the guy who is likely to buy Plymouth Argyle. I have to sift out the 'tyre kickers' from those that are going to do it, and one way I do that is by checking what lawyers they are employing. "The lawyers need to be competent and understand the process, because it's quite complex. I have had a meeting with one of the potential buyers and he's comfortable with the figures involved. "He has done transactions before - not of football clubs - but out of administration.

Guilfoyle,7th March 2011

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:51 pm

All the more reason to ask why the "fans' leaders have decided to give this bunch a clerar run at it.... terrible tactics ... terrible. This so called rescue package has almost made it certain that it will never be called upon. How stupid can people be. Why couldn't the Trust support this Brent plan and Pasoti organise a real campaign of disrupting the PB. I'll tell you why not, because they don't want to disrupt the process. Why all this "We must stick together" nonsense. To me, it all sounds like they're keeping an eye on each other. That undercurrent of mistrust has been hanging around ever since the Gts and the Trust appeared on the scene.... they're all afraid the other will gain more influence.

Being one who regularly demonstrates against things I disagree with, I went along to one of their so called Pasoti demonstrations ... as it turned out it was no demonstration at all and never intended to be so ... any attempt I made to stir up a bit of passion drew no more than a murmur and an embarreassed shuffle of feet.... I didn't stay long... waste of time. It turned into nothing more than a vigil and applauding players onto a coach. like it or not, this is the fanbase we have ... there really is no opposition to speak of as far as I can see it, despite all the bluster ... it's all window dressing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Riddler.......... Heads I win, tails you lose boys ? Argyle Trust/Taverners/Pasoti.............Go on then.

I'm with Greenie. I've always believed that if the club, even in its present state, was marketed professionally, we would find a buyer/s with an eye for football potential, instead of pure property development.
Now we know that no such marketing has been done . A stitch up from the start and the Riddler, who has probably masterminded the whole stinking affair, will undoubtedly still be 'a real gent'.
I am becoming embarrassed and ashamed of my home town club and by the way our self appointed leaders have fiddled while Rome burns.

I'd rather see the club die than be a shell of a club with selfish tw@ts still running the show.

Do they take the supporters for idiots, who will still turn up and pay the bills ? The answer is quite clearly , yes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Another interesting quote from Ridsdale is that he expects no new strip until "the end of September"
Yet more sliding, a week or two ago it was to be 4 to 6 weeks according to Guilfoyle, then it was 'September, and now it is 'the end of'.
That can only mean one thing .. there's going to be a lot of disapointed Aviva folk who were naively expecting a resolution by 5 August.

Don't ya just love sliding agenda management ... can't wait for the groans when it is put into the public domain that a new excuse has been found to extend the PB period of grace.

Looking at the fixture list for August, we have 3 home games pencilled in. So, if the season ticket ring fence is in operation, at 5,000 a game that means roughly 250K less matchday expenses.
Looks like folks should get ready for another partial wage deferment in August, unless the PBs are coerced, smashed into a milestone marker and mugged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More revelations in today's 'Erald   More revelations in today's 'Erald Empty

Back to top Go down

More revelations in today's 'Erald
Page 1 of 1