Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martyn Starnes in the 'erald

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Martyn Starnes in the 'erald Empty
PostSubject: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am

Reading this dross put me off my breakfast........here's a couple of great quotes !!

"LIKE everyone else with Plymouth Argyle's best interests at heart, I'm really delighted and relieved that we can now move forward with the redevelopment at Home Park"

"The councillors did their job, though, and quizzed us very thoroughly and again, we're grateful that they saw fit to pass our plans"

"By having a new grandstand, we will be able to maximise the profitability of the venue for the benefit of the football team"

Didn't take this muppet long to become another nodding donkey in the i love Jimmy B supporters club.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 am

Conflict of interests, the OED now just references The board of Plymouth Argyle, we now have a board of directors whos only interest is the HHP development.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 am

Iggy wrote:
Conflict of interests, the OED now just references The board of Plymouth Argyle, we now have a board of directors whos only interest is the HHP development.
Correct, nothing much to say about the footballing side of things.

As for the three quotes i highlighted:

"LIKE everyone else with Plymouth Argyle's best interests at heart, I'm really delighted and relieved that we can now move forward with the redevelopment at Home Park"....................So unless you're delighted that we can move forward with the redevelopment you haven't got Plymouth Argyle's best interests at heart ?

"The councillors did their job, though, and quizzed us very thoroughly and again, we're grateful that they saw fit to pass our plans"..........................Yeah right !!

"By having a new grandstand, we will be able to maximise the profitability of the venue for the benefit of the football team"...................Any increase in profit is going to be minimal and i seriously doubt it will be spent on the football team.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:22 am

I actually quite dislike PAFC in its current guise.

The club reeks of self interest and looks set to accept being a big fish in the village pond.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 am

He's employed by the club, even if he did share any of ours concerns he'd keep them to himself. Same with Sheridan and some of the players who've commented.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

As I said, the club simply reeks of self interest. Short term, that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 am

GreenSam wrote:
He's employed by the club, even if he did share any of ours concerns he'd keep them to himself. Same with Sheridan and some of the players who've commented.

Yet another yesman then, what we need is somebody with the balls to express his own opinions and speak out if he thinks something isn't right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:43 am

He's good at ass licking PCC for a return of favor, those questions about cycle parking must have been tough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:40 am

IsThatHHP? wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Yet another yesman then, what we need is somebody with the balls to express his own opinions and speak out if he thinks something isn't right.
I doubt anyone would have been let into the board if they were prepared to stand up to the boss - oh well, that's another one going on the list!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes in the 'erald   Martyn Starnes in the 'erald Empty

Back to top Go down

Martyn Starnes in the 'erald
Page 1 of 1