JonB
Rickler
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am

Anybody going to PASCA Meets Brent?

Since Andy Symons has completely reneged on his promises regarding the ATD Q&A, I have a question that needs answering --

Rickler wrote:

The final P &A report disclosed that a “trust account” was set up and used to facilitate the sale of season tickets for this past season. The report stated that this money would be given to the buyer of the club.

My question is..? How much was collected and how much was paid to you, and what has that money been used for?

Any volunteers? I am sure it will be a fun evening!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you.

------------------------

Plymouth Argyle Cornish Supporters Association proudly presents

A Fan’s Forum with Plymouth Argyle Owner and Chairman James Brent

on Thursday 12 July 2012 at 7:30pm

at Launceston Football Club, Pennygillam Way,
Pennygillam Industrial Estate, Launceston PL15 7ED

Free admission - all Argyle fans welcome

Bar – Raffle – Cornish supporters’ scarves for sale

Car park

Come and meet the man who saved our club!

Have your questions ready!

PACSA membership available on the night:
£10.00 Adults; £5.00 U.16 yrs and
£20.00 Family Membership (comprising 2 Adults + 2 U.16yrs)

Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:22 am

Ricks,

I ain't going, but might be able to answer your question in a round about way....

I went to the Pavillion's open meeting during administration at which Guilfoyle & the Riddler took questions.

The issue of season ticket money was raised during this meeting (particularly whether it would be returned to fans should the club go under).

From memory, Brenda stated that all ST monies would be ring-fenced into a trust which would then be paid out to those running the club on a 1/23rd at a time rate, per home game. This trust fund would then be disestablished after the sale of the club & all monies come under the ownership of the resultant owner.

I presume - & would expect - that happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 am

JonB wrote:
Ricks,

I ain't going, but might be able to answer your question in a round about way....

I went to the Pavillion's open meeting during administration at which Guilfoyle & the Riddler took questions.

The issue of season ticket money was raised during this meeting (particularly whether it would be returned to fans should the club go under).

From memory, Brenda stated that all ST monies would be ring-fenced into a trust which would then be paid out to those running the club on a 1/23rd at a time rate, per home game. This trust fund would then be disestablished after the sale of the club & all monies come under the ownership of the resultant owner.

I presume - & would expect - that happened.

Jon I think that information has been given before, so it would have been all of last seasons ST money, minus the amount used by the administrators from the games up until James Brent's takeover was completed in November.

Ricklers point is more how much James Brent received up front, as it has been difficult to get a precise figure on how much it actually cost JB to buy the club, and it may turn out with the money received from the sale of Home Park to PCC, that JB was actually paid to buy the club, and therefore what has the ST money been used for.

That's how I understood Rickler's question when he submitted it originally for the Q and A with James Brent.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 am

Brent was paid to buy the club ?

What a fine gentleman !
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:49 am

Rickler wrote:
Anybody going to PASCA Meets Brent?

Since Andy Symons has completely reneged on his promises regarding the ATD Q&A, I have a question that needs answering --

Rickler wrote:

The final P &A report disclosed that a “trust account” was set up and used to facilitate the sale of season tickets for this past season. The report stated that this money would be given to the buyer of the club.

My question is..? How much was collected and how much was paid to you, and what has that money been used for?

Any volunteers? I am sure it will be a fun evening!

Thank you.

------------------------

Plymouth Argyle Cornish Supporters Association proudly presents

A Fan’s Forum with Plymouth Argyle Owner and Chairman James Brent

on Thursday 12 July 2012 at 7:30pm

at Launceston Football Club, Pennygillam Way,
Pennygillam Industrial Estate, Launceston PL15 7ED

Free admission - all Argyle fans welcome

Bar – Raffle – Cornish supporters’ scarves for sale

Car park

Come and meet the man who saved our club!

Have your questions ready!

PACSA membership available on the night:
£10.00 Adults; £5.00 U.16 yrs and
£20.00 Family Membership (comprising 2 Adults + 2 U.16yrs)

I went to the same meeting as JonB . My understanding was the season tickey money was ringfenced for the benefit of season ticket holders . No one else . This was so that if the Club folded the remaining money could be returned to the season ticket holders for the fixtures not fulfilled at a rate of 1/23rd per unplayed game . The money would have been released to the Club at the same rate as games were fulfilled . I can't imagine there was anyrhing left in the pot at the end of the season from that .
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 am

Just reread Ricklers question and obviously when Brent took over the monies held in trust would have gone into the day to day running of the Club like any other potd income .

Should I be seeing something sinister in this ?
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Depends on whether you think its a good thing that Brent appears to have aquired a football club and surrounding areas for nothing?
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Do you think its a good thing we still have a Club ?

Do you think there was someone else willing to take on the debts ?

Do you think Kevin Heaney would have been better or Kassam or the mysterious Consortium ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Season ticket money...

+ £1.6m from the council for the useless parts of the land.

+ £500k from Heaney during the admin process.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:25 pm

+ passing back 50% of the FC debt to the club

+ taking on Ginge's CVA at 0.07p/£

+ having Lombard over a barrel to accept a reported £800K on their +£2m mortgage

+ unleashing "the dogs of war" to encourage other secured creditors to accept their paltry offers.

No doubt he is a shrewd businessman.
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 pm

greengenes wrote:

Do you think Kevin Heaney would have been better or Kassam or the mysterious Consortium ?

Yes

We'll never know

We'll never know

So there's my questions answered. Now do you think its right that James Brent appears to have aquired a football club and land whereupon he intends to build a hotel largely underwritten by the tax payer?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:52 pm

I wish he was in charge of my pension fund instead of those cnuts at aviva.

Last edited by seadog on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : capital I)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Bogsider wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Yes

We'll never know

We'll never know

So there's my questions answered. Now do you think its right that James Brent appears to have aquired a football club and land whereupon he intends to build a hotel largely underwritten by the tax payer?

Brent lovers don't want awkward questions like that.
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Definitely a question that wont be asked tonight,alongside Ricklers which in fairness wouldn't get answered even if it was asked.Its all the happy clappys tonight and James Brent will tell them everything they want to hear and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Wasn't the number of season ticket holders we had last season recently publicised? Something like 3800 I think. A full price normal season ticket last year was £340 so by the time OAPs and kids are counted the income per member would have been less. There's enough information there for sums to be done and the amount that fell to Brent to be at least estimated if somebody can be bothered to work it all out.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Bogsider wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Yes

We'll never know

We'll never know

Less than a penny in the pound to unsecured creditors, are you not ashamed by that. But yeah we got or club back, minus the valuable bits of land of course!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:22 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Wasn't the number of season ticket holders we had last season recently publicised? Something like 3800 I think. A full price normal season ticket last year was £340 so by the time OAPs and kids are counted the income per member would have been less. There's enough information there for sums to be done and the amount that fell to Brent to be at least estimated if somebody can be bothered to work it all out.

My question isn't an exercise in algebra.

I didn't waste time asking how many season tickets were sold. I asked how much money was collected and how much was handed over to James Brent, (almost certainly two different amounts?) and if Brent's money has been spent, what it was used for?

Simple.

James Brent talks about transparency... If he refuses to answer a basic question regarding what little pot of gold there was at the end of the Argyle rainbow, then the Trust, and especially the PASB, might as well pack it in and go home right now.

And... There is nothing "sinister" in my motive for asking. I would just like to know how much ‘rebate’ James Brent received when he bought the club.

If anything is sinister... It is why Andy Symons after making promises to ask the question at the ATD Q&A, repeatedly refuses to answer whether he did or not, and if not, why not? And if so... What the answer was?

Why is that, Andy?

Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 am

It's being depressed that keeps a lot of you going.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 am

ZYPH wrote:
It's being depressed that keeps a lot of you going.

It's being meek, compliant and lacking in vision, that has got us into this mess.
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:19 am

The Poodles hate the questions in case HC is shown up to be what he always has been, another ruthless property developer with no interest in the club. If he is as genuine as they all claim why would he not answer any questions?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 am

Facebook pictures of the event-

PACSA meets James Brent
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am

Lokks a bit like 'care in the community' Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:50 am

Pursey actually looks fit as f uck...in a non girly way if you know what I mean. Question
Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

My question isn't an exercise in algebra.

I didn't waste time asking how many season tickets were sold. I asked how much money was collected and how much was handed over to James Brent, (almost certainly two different amounts?) and if Brent's money has been spent, what it was used for?

Simple.

James Brent talks about transparency... If he refuses to answer a basic question regarding what little pot of gold there was at the end of the Argyle rainbow, then the Trust, and especially the PASB, might as well pack it in and go home right now.

And... There is nothing "sinister" in my motive for asking. I would just like to know how much ‘rebate’ James Brent received when he bought the club.

If anything is sinister... It is why Andy Symons after making promises to ask the question at the ATD Q&A, repeatedly refuses to answer whether he did or not, and if not, why not? And if so... What the answer was?

Why is that, Andy?

Don't tell him Andy lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Launceston Boy ?

Inspiring the next generation.Have we had our dinner yet ?

Laaaanson ultras lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PASCA Meets Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCA Meets Brent   PASCA Meets Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

PASCA Meets Brent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next