Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)

Go down 
+2
mouldyoldgoat
Freathy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) Empty
PostSubject: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

1. Portsmouth reported to have 8 first team players.
2. Some not turned up for pre season training.
3. Some of those 8 expected to leave in the coming weeks.
4. Unable to sign players currently
5. One of their players is on over 30k a week.

Maybe its time to break the cup curse?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

We haven't got a chance
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Even with 8 players, they have a decent manager, something we can only dream of!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 pm

We will be out in the first round as usual ....
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
We will be out in the first round as usual ....

They can't say we are not consistant if it happens! Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Will be down for this one,even though we've got Palace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 pm

T bags stay longer in the cup.not going to waste even more money.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 pm

The tea lady will be job sharing with the physio. Instant tan as she rubs down the injured players with old tea bags. Save a fortune for the players if they get their WAGS to go to the physio room instead of the tanning salon.

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Aha, Now I know why some of you class Pompey as your main rivals.. it's because you haven't beaten them, or had very few wins against them, or been born long enough ago to have seen a win (delete where appropriate)... In that case I now declare Tottenham Hotspur Exeter City's main rival Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 pm

I would have thought it would be Curzon Ashton? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Head-to-head
• Portsmouth are pursuing a fifth successive win over Plymouth in league and cup matches, and a 25th from their 53rd meeting. Argyle are chasing their 22nd.
• This is the fifth time these clubs have been drawn to meet each other in the League Cup. Portsmouth prevailed in the first round on three occasions; in 1970, and over two legs in 1980 and 1998.
• Plymouth's only League Cup triumph over Pompey was 4-0 in the second round in October 1973, at Home Park.

Plymouth Argyle (League Two)
• The Pilgrims have gone out in the first round in 17 of the last 19 years, including each of the last four. Very Happy
• The 1965 and 1974 semi-finalists need to score once to bring their all-time League Cup goals total to 150.
• They have managed one clean sheet in 22 matches in this competition.

Portsmouth (League One)
• Reached a club-best quarter-final place in the initial season of the League Cup in 1960/61, and have matched that on four more occasions.
• Pompey fell foul of League Two Barnet last season in their first round one defeat in a decade.
• Failed to score for first time in eight League Cup games 12 months ago.

BBC Stats
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

only if/when we get relegated to non league status again lol! until then it Tottenham Hotspur alright Wink tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I heard on SSN that Pompey would have a team of youths and non contracted trialists for the game, but they failed to say who these trialists were. Izzy Macleod who is much sought after in the lower leagues and has apparently been offered a contract on £4k a week.

Conor Clifford on loan from Chelsea as well.

This isn't the ragtag and bobtail outfit they are making out by a longshot. I expect they will be declaring themselves as the underdogs now, against the might of Plymouth Argyle!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

I sense Stour grapes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 pm

^ I actually quite like that joke.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)   Break the curse... (pafc v pompey) Empty

Back to top Go down

Break the curse... (pafc v pompey)
Page 1 of 1