The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Give him a break?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Give him a break? Empty
PostSubject: Give him a break?   Give him a break? EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 2:17 pm

I think I'm right in saying that Morgan Whittaker has been the only outfield player to play every minute of every game since Ian Foster's arrival. If fact i think he's played more than any other player over the season, Bristol City being the only League game he hasn't started.

So is it time he got a bit of a break (even if it's just starting on the bench) or is he too valuable a player not to be playing? Or is it just that IF fears a fan backlash if he "drops" our star player.

And is it the right thing for Morgan that he plays every game?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Give him a break? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give him a break?   Give him a break? EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 2:51 pm

i do believe your right he certainly has played the most if not all of the games in the squad.

While i do also agree he could do with a rest bite from time to time the only problem with that is who do you play in his place and given his form when do you give him those rest bites without it having a major knock effect on the team given his status and again form its not an easy task to do.

Issaka could play there but he is still green and shouldn't be thrown in at the deep end and struggle he needs to micro managed so he reaches his full potential the right way in time and doesnt just bang and fade away like other ex YTS players who broken through into the first team plans. Bundu would be my pick to play there but then theres the question is he even going to be fit to play when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Give him a break? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give him a break?   Give him a break? EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 4:34 pm

Yeah I’d hate to think there’d drop him to just to protect there investment tbh you can’t be dropping a player of that quality
Come now and the buisness end of the season plus being only a couple of dodgy results away from a relegation battle/scrap ..I’d keep him in the side cos let’s be honest his the only bit of quality we have got take him & his goals out the side we could be bang in trouble
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Give him a break? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give him a break?   Give him a break? Empty

Back to top Go down

Give him a break?
Page 1 of 1