Grovehill
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 10:27 am

Lowe have given his players a two days break, they will not return until tomorrow,

Lowe spend the weekend back at home and managed to catch the Liverpool v Everton cup game.

We should hear soon if Josh Grant will sign a permanent contract with us.

Dom Telford injury is not as bad as Argyle as feared and should be back for the game on the 18th of Jan
Back to top Go down

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 11:17 am

that game was very poor from an everton stand point when that was their strongest 11 against liverpools kids!!!!!

but back to us i hope Josh signs he's got ability and potential that can strengthen our defence for seasons to come.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Lowe have given his players a two days break, they will not return until tomorrow,

Lowe spend the weekend back at home and managed to catch the Liverpool v Everton cup game.

Dom Telford injury is not as bad as Argyle as feared and should be back for the game on the 18th of Jan

If Lowe thinks "at home" means being in the Liverpool area rather than the South West, he needs to think again. Why is he and his family not living locally to his job-has SH not put a "live local" clause in his contract! Taking the piss if Lowe has got the club to employ his back up staff but can't be arsed to move down himself. Treating the Argyle job like "something to do till a better offer comes along" I hope all the players he has signed have a "live local" clause in their contracts! If Lowe needed to watch a game in the North West yesterday, he should have gone to the Crewe v Barnsley match where he could at least have seen a team we will play and possibly some prospective signings. Feck all chance of any players from Liverpool v Everton joining us. Just an excuse for a fourth division manager to see his heroes. The guy's a joke!

Were the terms of a transfer not agreed before Josh Grant was signed on loan.

Telford has struggled for fitness since he got here-were him and Aimson given full medicals before they signed?

Despite big talk and big money, the above makes Argyle look a shambles at the moment
Back to top Go down

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

If Lowe thinks "at home" means being in the Liverpool area rather than the South West, he needs to think again. Why is he and his family not living locally to his job-has SH not put a "live local" clause in his contract! Taking the piss if Lowe has got the club to employ his back up staff but can't be arsed to move down himself. Treating the Argyle job like "something to do till a better offer comes along" I hope all the players he has signed have a "live local" clause in their contracts!

Were the terms of a transfer not agreed before Josh Grant was signed on loan.

Telford has struggled for fitness since he got here-were him and Aimson given full medicals before they signed?

Despite big talk and big money, the above makes Argyle look a shambles at the moment  

he obviously stayed up there after scunthorpe and the family is moving down here. mind you it matters not where someone lives if he does the job for us and well he can commute from the moon for all i care. Telford and Aimson where his boys at bury so he probably by passed the medical or they picked those injuries up while here which isnt as far fetch as it seems. josh grant was signed on loan till january, no mention of a perm transfer deal lowe probably got told at somepoint josh would be free to speak to clubs when his loan ends as chelsea werent going to offer him a new deal in the summer and wanted to sign him.

see how easy it is to twist things back to reality
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Personally think that if RL gets Argo promotion this season he could live on the moon for all I care.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 5:08 pm

He do live down here,  the kids was finishing their school term before they moved completely. He mention sometime back they were looking at schools down here.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:34 pm

According to journalist Alan Nixon

Portsmouth forward Brett Pitman is set for a move to League Two with Swindon and Plymouth the front runners in the race to secure his signature, .

Pitman has scored forty-one goals in ninety-nine appearances for Pompey since arriving from Ipswich in the summer of 2017. However, the former club captain has made only sixteen outings this term, and his situation on the fringes of Kenny Jackett’s thoughts has alerted the ambitious League Two outfits.

Swindon boss Richie Wellens is thought to see Pitman as a replacement for Eoin Doyle if the in-form striker returns to Bradford. At the same time, improving Plymouth are looking for the goals and creativity needed to boost their promotion hopes in the second half of the campaign.

Brett Pitman dropped from Portsmouth squad for Leasing.com Trophy trip to Walsall
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm

School term ended before Christmas. Aimson was clearly not fit when signed so 6 month's wages wasted. Telford has an ongoing hamstring problem, did he play a full season last term?

If the Manager can't be arsed to live locally, does he allow the players the same latitude? Shows a lack of commitment by the Manager and looks like he's keeping his options open for a better offer "at home"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Grovehill try reading 2 posts above yours.

It might just tell you something!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Read that post, are his sprogs starting at Pennycross Juniors tomorrow then? Have the Lowe's bought a house down here? I think we all know the answers.

As for Telford and Aimson, just checked their stats for last season, glad to see that they both started 35+ games, not so glad that Telford only scored two more goals than Aimson-no wonder Lowe is after a goalscorer.

Pitman's far more likely to join Swindon as it's commutable from Pompey-though if he joins Argyle he may well stay living in Pompey as he'll still be living closer than his manager!

If Grant needs time to "think over" a move to a Club he has been with for 5 months, he's clearly not that keen. Probably not helped by the manager playing him out of position-which clearly means as a CB, Lowe rates him worse than the current three incumbents (and Aimson presumably) Hardly going to rush pen to paper are you, if the Manager rates you fifth choice CB in a fourth division team
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Here your answer on where his  family is going to live

I have got a nice apartment (in Plymouth) so I’m quite happy. (Herald)

Family moving down in argyle chat, below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 9:58 pm

I wouldn't bother TG he's so wrapped up in himself that nobody else's post matter.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 10:06 pm

Grovehill wrote:
School term ended before Christmas. Aimson was clearly not fit when signed so 6 month's wages wasted. Telford has an ongoing hamstring problem, did he play a full season last term?

If the Manager can't be arsed to live locally, does he allow the players the same latitude? Shows a lack of commitment by the Manager and looks like he's keeping his options open for a better offer "at home"

lol Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 pm

Groovy town.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 am

Swindon forum

Pitman has been left out of the Pompey squad for their EFL Trophy game tomorrow - the sort of game you’d expect him to play in.

He’s off somewhere for sure.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 6:29 am

I’ll have me bollox on it he goes Swindon
For one more commutable as grovey said plus don’t really have to up stick homewise
And got a feeling his gunna command higher end L1 wedge as well plus I think Swindon are more nailed on to go up than us tbh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 7:47 am

Pitman might take the view that Swindon are Championship bound almost certainly which is just too high a level for my play.
Now Plymouth in league 2 but heading for league 1 may just appeal
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 8:01 am

RegGreen wrote:
For one more commutable as grovey said plus don’t really have to up  stick homewise
And got a feeling his gunna command higher end L1 wedge as well plus I think Swindon are more nailed on to go up than us tbh

Agreed. Probably sees himself at the very least L1 standard plus we cannot hope to compete with Swindon wages.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 11:17 am

Freathy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
For one more commutable as grovey said plus don’t really have to up  stick homewise

Agreed.  Probably sees himself at the very least L1 standard plus we cannot hope to compete with Swindon wages.

And Swindon’s wages are...?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Agreed.  Probably sees himself at the very least L1 standard plus we cannot hope to compete with Swindon wages.

not sure but I reckon it’s more than us when They signed LMC He was on a good screw but we didn’t want to pay it renew his contract when we were desperate for a keeper as well when he clearly had a few more seasons in him specially at L2 level all day long and they decided to go with Macey on loan instead cos a loan for a season was proberly cheaper & Arsenal subsidising most of it or half it was cheaper than giving LMC a two year deal so yeah I reckon yeah they pay better wages just on the strength of that
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 2:51 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

not sure but I reckon it’s more than us when They signed LMC He was on a good screw but we didn’t want to pay it renew his contract when we were desperate for a keeper as well when he clearly had a few more seasons in him specially at L2 level all day long and they decided to go with Macey on loan instead cos a loan for a season was proberly cheaper & Arsenal subsidising most of it or half it was cheaper than giving LMC a two year deal so yeah I reckon yeah they pay better wages just on the strength of that

I was more asking Harve if there was any meat on the bones of Swindon being a high payer. Pitman may end up there. It wouldn’t be a surprise, but I’d say we are probably more able to compete wages-wise now, than when Brent was calling the shots. An example of that being that we apparently outbid Ipswich in terms of wages for Danny Mayor.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Plymouth Argyle striker Billy Clarke is being linked with a move to League two rivals Grimsby Town.

The 32-year-old striker is on a short-term deal at Home Park, which expires on January 18, the same day that the Pilgrims play Graham Coughlan's Mansfield Town at Home Park.

The former Ipswich Town, Blackpool, Crawley and Bradford City striker has made 12 appearances since signing on October 1 and he is yet to score, although only three have been from the start.

Now, he could be set to leave with reports on Humberside linking Clarke with a switch to the Mariners, who are 17th in the League Two standings.

On Clarke's situation, manager Ryan Lowe said: "Bill is in no rush and neither are we.

"We will make that decision when we feel it's right."
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 3:52 pm

How dare Lowe have a day off! (sic)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 4:53 pm

What would we do without Billy No Goals Clarke?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 7:58 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Here your answer on where his  family is going to live

I have got a nice apartment (in Plymouth) so I’m quite happy. (Herald)

Family moving down in argyle chat, below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Schools are back, so did RL's sprogs go to school today in a. Lancashire, b, Devon, c. neither, too busy packing.

Has Mrs Lowe been house hunting in the Westcountry, is their house "up North" on the Market.

In summary, is Ryan Lowe showing any fecking commitment to being Argyle Manager?

Chairman who lives in US, Manager who won't move down here, and the Club bang on about being part of the local community-what a joke this club is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two days break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two days break   Two days break Empty

Back to top Go down

Two days break
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next