Freathy
Dougie
Flat_Track_Bully
125+1
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 pm

If we had a proper manager he would have cleared out most of last season's squad and brought in players who would see us challenging at the top of this poor league. but mr brent is happy for the club to stagnate in the basement because he wont have to invest any money! we will be discussing the same thing this time next year, same old same old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Argyle already have a first team squad of 24- too big for this league, certainly bigger than most other teams-surely they need to ship out a few before they get any more in or we'll just see history repeating itself. Racking & Stacking players that are nothing but a drain on the budget.

The trouble is I can't see who they could ship out-anyone they could get rid of went a year ago, those that have been signed (or even re-signed) since then patently aren't wanted by anyone else.

And we're entering Aviva country with the old argument of "the manager's waiting for better value/players to lower their demands nearer the start of the season" a viewpoint that directly contradicts the "Reid could only sign those that no one else wanted" justification for last season's poor start.
Completely agree with you on this one.The present squad has all the hallmarks of Luggy second time around.A bloated squad of 24 players far too big for league 2..in the CCC we had 36 players signed under $turrock far too big for the CCC.Under $turrock we had a squad largely comprising of well squad players,under Fletcher we have a squad of well largely squad players.Quality was sadly lacking in $turrocks team second time around,Quality is sadly lacking in Fletcher's team first time around.$turrock couldn't ship anybody out cause nobody wanted them.Fletcher cant ship anyone out cause nobody wants them.Any players coming in now will be those that nobody else wants cause if they were any good they would have been snapped up already.Under $turrock we never signed his first choice players and had to settle for players nobody else wanted.At the end of $turrocks second reign we got relegated.At the end of Fletcher's reign....
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm

..... who knows! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Keepitgreen wrote:
If this thread had been started a week before the season started I'd have to agree with the OP. However, we have 7 weeks before the season starts so let's see what ins and outs we have in the next month or so before making a judgement.

It's now less then 7 days KIG.... any ins? any outs? do they fill you with more or less optimism? I can't see either you or us finishing in the top 12, and more than likely, both could be staring relegation in the face Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Keepitgreen wrote:
If this thread had been started a week before the season started I'd have to agree with the OP. However, we have 7 weeks before the season starts so let's see what ins and outs we have in the next month or so before making a judgement.

It's now less then 7 days KIG.... any ins? any outs? do they fill you with more or less optimism? I can't see either you or us finishing in the top 12, and more than likely, both could be staring relegation in the face Crying or Very sad

Outs, and who they've been replaced by:
Larrieu (replaced by Gilmartin)
Hemmings (replaced by Gorman)
MacDonald (replaced by PCH)
Walton (replaced by Lowry - currently injured)
Daley (replaced by Andres Gurrieri)

Ins (in addition to those above):
Griffiths (Forward)

So unless Griffiths turns out be a goal machine, or there are some more loans to come in, then I think we are in for another bottom half finish, around 15th I reckon.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:50 pm

As a 'long standing' supporter, of 40 years plus, I 've always felt, at the very least, a hint of excitement just before the start of a new season. Even back in the Hodges management era, when we were truly awful, I always felt that we had a chance of going up. I always looked forward to the first game.

This time around, I feel nothing at all. We have a squad of players that appear to be distinctly average, a manager who doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence, an owner who has done nothing yet to make me feel that he's actually interested in the football side of things, a 'President' whose main role seems to be to distract supporters from the on field problems, and probably worst of all, the rise of the 'superfan', who quite frankly, just leave me cold.

So, no expectation whatsoever for the coming season, and, sadly, no excitement either. There will be those who will be moist should we manage at least a point against the mighty Aldershot. There will be those who will be ordered to be moist, and will be because the Supreme Leader has decreed it. 'Superfans' will be enoying the fruits of their 'labours' whatever the result.

Just a few short years ago, we had a realistic chance of getting to the Premier League. Now we have an equally realistic chance of falling out of the football league altogether. Look how far we've come. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 am

I cannot disagree with all of the above.

How embarrassing will it be with a non-league team playing in largish stadium with a new multi-million grandstand in mid-construction.

After watching and thoroughly enjoying the Olympics, I am of the mind-set that I just can't be arsed with football at this moment-in-time. Maybe never again. Who knows?

Is it just me who feels like this?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 am

So much for my prediction that Argyle would not be in the bottom 5 all season. After two games,we are entrenched in the bottom 5.

Hopefully,Argyle will claw their way up the table soon though.....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 am

SufferedSince68 wrote:
If we had a proper manager he would have cleared out most of last season's squad and brought in players who would see us challenging at the top of this poor league. but mr brent is happy for the club to stagnate in the basement because he wont have to invest any money! we will be discussing the same thing this time next year, same old same old.

Come back mate !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Schlumberger wrote:

How embarrassing will it be with a non-league team playing in largish stadium with a new multi-million grandstand in mid-construction.

I imagine if we fall out of the league, that stand redevelopement will be placed on 'hold'.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3