Sir Francis Drake
Greenskin
Thai green
Chemical Ali
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh, go on then but you owe me one. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Highwayman wrote:

CNUT.

(cheers bud)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

PAFC is in the wrong hands

Go now brent and take your dog shit 'manager' with you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Highwayman wrote:

CNUT.

(cheers bud)
No problem mate, it was my mothers pet name for me scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:58 pm

So much for a competitive budget,and why oh why retain so many youngsters,the club needs quality today not jam tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:59 pm

On the bright side at least Brent's spin sold a few season tickets to a few mugs.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Just had a look on pasoti to see how the brent lovers are defending the indefensible. And they're out in their droves giving it their best for their beloved banker. It's proved what I've always suspected - some pasoti posters are sexually attracted to brent
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
Just had a look on pasoti to see how the brent lovers are defending the indefensible. And they're out in their droves giving it their best for their beloved banker. It's proved what I've always suspected - some pasoti posters are sexually attracted to brent

lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 pm

oddball wrote:
So much for a competitive budget,and why oh why retain so many youngsters,the club needs quality today not jam tomorrow.

And why give new contracts to over-the-hill non-scoring 'strikers' like Feeney?

Probably because you could precis Fletchers scouting network on the back of a postage stamp.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:17 pm

clueless & doomed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:36 pm

They should lower the counter in the box office so fans can bend over to get shafted whilst buying their season tickets without struggling to reach.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Freathy wrote:

I am I think he needs a good shagging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Christ Highwayman I'm glad I bought mine before the lower counter thing. I've paid for it now so I'll just have to enjoy the ride then. Can't say I'm over enamoured with this statement Fletcher has made and I do agree it seems that it is a lowering of expectations so we don't expect anyone else anytime soon. Or it could be a ruse of course. You know the sort of thing, he signs another player in the same bracket as the rest we have and we are very grateful for the surprise.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Freathy wrote:

Watch out the two puppets (Sooty and Sweep) are out in tandem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Freathy wrote:

Love it Freathy pissed myself at that one! nool and the prez still try convince the few last remaining avivas that their hero will save the day.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:13 pm

The "advantage" that PAFC have of having a larger playing budget (55% of a 6000 gate is better than most teams in this league) is being wiped out by the need to pay off the pre Admin Football creditors debt (now you all see why I kept going on about why didn't Harry pay this off in one go)

Having allowed for that, it's pretty stupid to have a squad of 24 at this level- do we really need 3 keepers, 2 left backs, 4 centre halfs etc. etc.

Having a squad of 24 in this league is on a par with having a squad of 36 in the CCC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I think the 'overloaded' with strikers is a bit disingenuous. Although I think we actually have 6 if you include Vassell

Sims and Vassell are 18 and Lecointe is 17, so you wouldn't really expect them to be on significant wages. Similarly you wouldn't be budgeting for them to be making too many first team appearances. I suspect there would be attempts to loan Vassell and/or Sims out for the season anyway.

Our 'first team strikers' therefore comprise of Feeney, Chadwick and Cowan (who can play on the wing as well I believe). There should be room for one more in there I think, perhaps a loanee from a higher league club where we don't have to pay too much in wages.

The article does actually read to me that CF is trying to bring another striker in though, so at least that suggests he is aware of the problem.

Please don't take this as directed at you FTB, but who the feck wants a couple of strikers not good enough for the 4th worst club in the country? Unless Dane Bowers wants them at Cullompton, I think we're stuck with them.

And I believe that Lecointe and Sims are talented and in a year or two could turn out to be very useful players. It's just that at the moment they look like little boys when you see them next to a hulking great 4th division centre-half.

Oh and while I'm at it, which cnut decided to change the names of the leagues, League 2 doesn't sound too bad, but we're in the 4th division, and not very good in it.

That's better.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree with Grovey three keepers and six strikers all of who do not like scoring is a joke! to rub it in fookin torquay have signed a player from swindon for seventy grand !! they will finish above us again this year ( sadly like most other clubs in our basement world.)
Back to top Go down
Greenrod

Greenrod

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Why bother about strikers anyway - do as the Spanish do, 6 midfielders and a back 4, so simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:31 pm

I think fletchers master plan is to have a team full of keepers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Reminds me of a few seasons ago when $turrock said something along the lines of" I wont say we are going to do well this season so that you wont be too disappointed when we dont" Not the exact words but the intention was the same.This sort of news aint going to sell many memberships..Looks like a damage limitation exercise though by El Prez over on the farm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
I think fletchers master plan is to have a team full of keepers!

Last game of the season as the crowd were singing "Number One is Larrieu, number two is Larrieu, number 3 is Larrieu........... he got the wrong end of the stick and thought it's what the crowd wanted.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Looked at Pasoti-what a laugh.

Apparently we,re keeping Feeney cos he's "good in the dressing room"

Pity we can't get anyone who's "good on the penalty area"

You could almost tell the date by the posts on Pasoti about why the club aren't signing anyone:

"We're only just into pre season training"

followed by,

"we'll get some bargains after the big clubs splash their cash"

"the season doesn't start for another week, don't panic"

"the window doesn't close till the end of the month"

then the inevitable

"we were always going to rely on the loan market anyway"

followed by

"he was keen to come here but his wife didn't want to leave the big city/ his kids are settled at school/ his dad's seriously ill/ he got lost on the M5/another club came in with an offer at the last minute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:45 pm

The farm is like some wierd cult where the followers believe everything theyare told, and hand over all their money for some old tat from brother nool! they will still be singing brents praises when we drop into the conference.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I think the 'overloaded' with strikers is a bit disingenuous. Although I think we actually have 6 if you include Vassell

Sims and Vassell are 18 and Lecointe is 17, so you wouldn't really expect them to be on significant wages. Similarly you wouldn't be budgeting for them to be making too many first team appearances. I suspect there would be attempts to loan Vassell and/or Sims out for the season anyway.

Please don't take this as directed at you FTB, but who the feck wants a couple of strikers not good enough for the 4th worst club in the country? Unless Dane Bowers wants them at Cullompton, I think we're stuck with them.

Vassell spent a bit of time at Truro last season, so they might want him back. Just like we might want to loan in a player who isn't yet good enough for the Championship, Conference South/North teams might be interested in loaning some of our young 'uns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle fail with transfer targets   Argyle fail with transfer targets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle fail with transfer targets
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next