Sir Francis Drake
Mr President
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenrod

Greenrod

PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Why not keep the under 25 and female positions as 'yet to be filled'. I'm sure once the PASB is up, running and well publicised, then there will be suitable candidates available.

Looks like we will end up with an unequal geriatric board.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:05 pm

JonB wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Dougie wrote:
In that case Gordon is a surprising omission

Very much Dougie, another independent voice gone.

Yep, I wonder why? Sparksy was at (almost) every set up meeting, including the last....

Jon

Jon,

Sparksy pulled out for work/personal reasons. He is very down about not being able to stand as he was looking forward to the election and the possible chance to represent Argyle supporters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Just because his job changes a bit, doesn't mean he can't continue his Argyle thing ..... does it ? it's only a few times a year.
Shades of Alan Partridge :-
Quote :
For Plymouth listeners, BBC Radio Devon’s new weekday schedule, now in its second week, sees Sparksy present the new Gordon Sparks Early Breakfast Show from 5am-6.30am. That is now followed by Good Morning Devon, which runs from 6.30am-9am.

I've always like him, his show, and his commentaries ... but he can't complain, he's had a great run for donkeys years, and a peach of a job for his ilk of broadcasting. I hope yet another media 'superfan' isn't going to do a Rupert, and not bother anymore. It doesn't come over as very resillient.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:

No youth interested, no birds interested.

PAFC take note! Staggering if you really think about it.

Well Bex (RIP) would have run, and would have been a shoo in it appears.

But no yoof? Seriously?

And isn't the upper age limit 26 or something? Hardly youth.

It's damning.

Cobi...

If I may... Why didn't you run?

Any other youngsters or ladies like to comment as to why a place on the PASB doesn't appeal to them?

Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No youth interested, no birds interested.

PAFC take note! Staggering if you really think about it.

Well Bex (RIP) would have run, and would have been a shoo in it appears.

But no yoof? Seriously?

And isn't the upper age limit 26 or something? Hardly youth.

It's damning.

Cobi...

If I may... Why didn't you run?

Any other youngsters or ladies like to comment as to why a place on the PASB doesn't appeal to them?

I would of classified in the 'Yoof' bracket but didn't put myself forward for various reasons:

1) That list of nominees is full of old gits Laughing
2) This whole thing is a challenge to the Trust
3) I don't live in Plymouth
4) I would have been bored to tears if I had attended that first meeting by the sounds of it
5) I don't like the Cornish

I would however like to have seen Cobi run (and yes I am being serious). Would also be interested to hear why he didn't put his name forward
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:24 am

I would have actually qualified for the U25 bracket.

I didn't run because it's full of elderly chaps who probably wouldn't give me the time of day. It's not my idea of fun and I can't see it being very productive. It's a commitment and I'd rather watch TV. There's no chance of meeting burrrds there. I don't go to Argyle to get involved in political dimwittery, I go to Argyle because it's slightly better than shopping sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 am

Quote :
*I would have liked to have seen the purchase of a season ticket include a £10 donation to the Trust to fund a much bigger supporters group

Go Hairy One

Say it enough times on Pasoti and it might get some traction. I'm not sure if I was the first person to suggest (whatever - it's an idea I've repeated ad infinitum) it but either way it's a good idea and solves a multitude of problems.

It needs a Prof or Pres or an Expert in their Field to have a look at it and I'm just a Joe Soap supporter.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:43 am

Comedy moment of the day and the getting the excuses in early goes to the suggestion that the turnout for this election wouldn't be big but the next election should be on the basis that this is a new thing and is a grower. Shouldn't the excitement level be at such a fenzy about engagement with the Board that voters can't get enough of it. Don't these things on the whole level off and plateau after the original buzz.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 am

The GASBoard initiative was announced by JB at the first Guildhall meeting after he took over. Since then, the 20,000 figure for fans needing representation has proved to be laughably wide of the mark.

This announcement meant that the cheapest, simplest and most embracing method of reaching season ticket holders (by promoting the trust via season ticket renewals) was hit on the head. It looks as if an alternative to a strong independent fans trust was the aim all along.

Why the whole matter of fan representation was given such high priority beats me - it comes in way behind buses, toilets, pasties, refreshment prices for the majority of fans.

A successful (at least more successful than last season) team on the pitch, an enthusiastic and forward looking manager and owner will encourage that sense of community we strive.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:14 am

Dingle wrote:
The GASBoard initiative was announced by JB at the first Guildhall meeting after he took over. Since then, the 20,000 figure for fans needing representation has proved to be laughably wide of the mark.

This announcement meant that the cheapest, simplest and most embracing method of reaching season ticket holders (by promoting the trust via season ticket renewals) was hit on the head. It looks as if an alternative to a strong independent fans trust was the aim all along.

Why the whole matter of fan representation was given such high priority beats me - it comes in way behind buses, toilets, pasties, refreshment prices for the majority of fans.

A successful (at least more successful than last season) team on the pitch, an enthusiastic and forward looking manager and owner will encourage that sense of community we strive.

100% CORRECT............. but it's not Harry's main job and he has probably taken advice from his supposed tribal leaders. Hats for the boys !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PASB Election Candidates / Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2