Dougie
swampy
Gareth Nicholson
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gareth Nicholson

Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier Empty
PostSubject: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 am

Has the club/Akkeron asked the construction company contracted to build the HHP project whether it has been or is involved with "blacklisting" trade union members - effectively sacking them or preventing them from working because of their union activities or for raising health and safety concerns?

I ask because a) Kier in Scotland was given the "golden rat" award by Unite the Union this May for being"Scotland's worst blacklisting company" b) Kier was given an enforcement notice by the Information Commissioner for breaching data protection legislation by paying a consultancy firm for personal details of employees or union members (alleged by some to be so that activity such as union work could be taken into account when work was given out).

I would hope that there was someone at or connected to the club or Akkeron or at the council who was extremely mindful of the very valuable work of trade unions and had taken such steps.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 am

Im sure our esteemed pres is on the case already Gareth
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 am

I'm sure he must be. I'm also sure it would be a resigning issue if it was the case.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 am

I rather suspect that Kier were chosen for that very reason, Gareth.

What a deeply unholy alliance we have in position at PAFC.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:19 am

Dont we just. Someones principles will be put fo the test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:28 pm

As a Trade Unionist, this is a bloody good point! Over to you Chris Webb!!
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Gareth Nicholson wrote:

Has the club/Akkeron asked the construction company contracted to build the HHP project whether it has been or is involved with "blacklisting" trade union members - effectively sacking them or preventing them from working because of their union activities or for raising health and safety concerns?

I ask because a) Kier in Scotland was given the "golden rat" award by Unite the Union this May for being"Scotland's worst blacklisting company"  b) Kier was given an enforcement notice by the Information Commissioner for breaching data protection legislation by paying a consultancy firm for personal details of employees or union members (alleged by some to be so that activity such as union work could be taken into account when work was given out).

I would hope that there was someone at or connected to the club or Akkeron or at the council who was extremely mindful of the very valuable work of trade unions and had taken such steps.  
Thanks for that, Gareth.

I'll raise the matter at Home Park this weekend - there's a PASB meeting, and I'll also take the opportunity to speak directly to Martyn and, hopefully, James. I'll let you know the outcome.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Cheers Andy,

I'm sure it's been taken into account as I reckon Kier have had to look at it over the last few years.

Thanks for the quick response too.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Not to take away from the importance of Gareth's point - there are people who've been denied the chance to make a living for most of their lives because of the blacklist - it's worth bearing in mind that there are several construction firms called Kier, and it's my understanding that they're completely separate companies. Let's just hope they haven't all got the same policies.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Gareth Nicholson wrote:

I ask because a) Kier in Scotland was given the "golden rat" award by Unite the Union this May for being"Scotland's worst blacklisting company"  b) Kier was given an enforcement notice by the Information Commissioner for breaching data protection legislation by paying a consultancy firm for personal details of employees or union members (alleged by some to be so that activity such as union work could be taken into account when work was given out).

You must be joking. Take some time to research Citigroup's behaviour towards unions and it's poor bloody infantry in general. Employer of the Year they ain't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Blah all you feckin well like, all sub contractors will be squeezed to an inch if their life to gain any contracts, that is unless you play golf with the QS or one of the contracts managers, health and safety will be marginalised by subbing then re subbing elements of contracts, people will be working on 90 day credits before they get paid if they are lucky, it's a mugs game as I well know but like it or not its not Brent's fault it's the way that business is in this country is now and has been for a while. Frankly I'm surprised that he hasn't gone the whole hog and hired a gang of eastern Europeans on the black. Brent is just the tip of a huge great big cunty iceberg. Wankers and feck.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
Blah all you feckin well like, all sub contractors will be squeezed to an inch if their life to gain any contracts, that is unless you play golf with the QS or one of the contracts managers, health and safety will be marginalised by subbing then re subbing elements of contracts, people will be working on 90 day credits before they get paid if they are lucky, it's a mugs game as I well know but like it or not its not Brent's fault it's the way that business is in this country is now and has been for a while. Frankly I'm surprised that he hasn't gone the whole hog and hired a gang of eastern Europeans on the black. Brent is just the tip of a huge great big cunty iceberg. Wankers and feck.
Don't give him ideas. This article is truly shocking. Hate Blatter and his FIFA cronies. In fact, I hate football full stop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Once they're done in Qatar maybe we could ship a few of 'em over to put up the Green Taverners' tent?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:

You must be joking. Take some time to research Citigroup's behaviour towards unions and it's poor bloody infantry in general. Employer of the Year they ain't.
Does that mean we shouldn't ask the questions?

Admittedly your attitude may be tempered by the fact that Sid James Park just needed a couple of Brickies and a Labourer to rebuild the wall at the away end in the summer, so the issue of Health and Safety in a major construction project was never a significant issue; however, for Argyle, it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Ding ding, round two !!!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:

How is the questioning of "Martyn" going?

Anyone have a chance to speak to him at the film night?

Did he get back to you on what the 'drinking' arrangements in the new HHP will be?

Has he arranged his meeting with you yet?

Etc, etc...
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:48 am

Rickler wrote:

How is the questioning of "Martyn" going?

Anyone have a chance to speak to him at the film night?

Did he get back to you on what the 'drinking' arrangements in the new HHP will be?

Has he arranged his meeting with you yet?

Etc, etc...
Of course you COULD choose to mention Andy/The Trust's pro activeness on THIS issue if you were so inclined, no?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:59 am

Sorry... Say that again another way?
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:

Admittedly your attitude may be tempered by the fact that Sid James Park just needed a couple of Brickies and a Labourer to rebuild the wall at the away end in the summer, so the issue of Health and Safety in a major construction project was never a significant issue; however, for Argyle, it is.

???

What's the attitude in aid of? I was simply pointing out that Brent's old firm were supposedly notorious for treating their ordinary workers like shit and so I wouldn't be surprised he wasn't particularly exercised about Kier doing the same.

You seem to have read my post as if it was critical of your proposed plan of action, but exactly how you arrived at that conclusion is a complete mystery to me. In actual fact I think it's absolutely an issue that should be raised. If you think I would condone the exploitation of ordinary workers then you know nothing about me and my politics.

Nice dig though - if a little ironic, given that I've been more of an advocate for the AFT than many on here and I don't even support Argyle.

Try not to look for offence where none exists.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:43 am

There is a PASB meeting with the board on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 am

To agree the TOR no doubt,
Subjects allowed to be discussed,
1) The new grandstand, excluding capacity issues, anything pertaining to rent or income for the club, what is contained in any of the buildings or who is likely to own them.
2) Bucket rattling, how could we step it up a gear?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:36 am

AFT'S 'spokesman' response to Jabba was well out of order.

The country's attitude to any employee is shit at this moment in time, never mind those who are notorious for wrongdoing.

Just my tuppence.

Bringing up St James Park unfortunate predicament in what can only be described as an attack, is childish at best.

Perhaps 'spokesman' would be better off naming himself?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 am

Coxside_Green wrote:

The country's attitude to any employee is shit at this moment in time, never mind those who are notorious for wrongdoing.

Just my tuppence.

Bringing up St James Park unfortunate predicament in what can only be described as an attack, is childish at best.

Direct association with ATD is not a good career move, if one would like to be someone at the Theatre of Schemes.

It's a janner thing. Most janners still look forward to being able to look down on other perpetual minnows from a nice little boxed in stadium, with 'white buildings' in the corners. Lording it over Exeter and Torquay hits the spot for them, sadly.

Edit: Just noticed earlier in this thread, that GN referred to the AFT with , 'Cheers Andy'. So can we assume that the AFT user on here is in fact our erstwhile member Andy Symons, who cancelled his membership on a point of principle but now would seem quite happy to chip in as the AFT ?

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:28 am

Coxside_Green wrote:

Just my tuppence.

I agree CG. Given that the Trust normally respond in a conciliatory fashion I've given them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Given our recent history and the effect that this had on local businesses and charities then I do think that PAFC should be whiter than white when it comes to using local suppliers and being of benefit to the local community it serves. I hope that the trumpeting of the local workforce is just that and not window dressing, that of course no blacklisting has taken place previously by the contractors and on a slightly separate issue is there any information on those firms that lost money during the admin process? Have they been given preferential treatment under the new regime?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:33 am

Tringreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Just my tuppence.

Direct association with ATD is not a good career move, if one would like to be someone at the Theatre of Schemes.

It's a janner thing. Most janners still look forward to being able to look down on other little clubs from a nice little stadium, with 'white buildings' in the corners. Lording it over Exeter and Torquay hits the spot for them, sadly.
AFT weren't there when we needed them. Now we get these childish comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier   Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier Empty

Back to top Go down

Trust/PASB question. The new stand - Kier
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next