Dougie
Sir Francis Drake
Mr President
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr President

PASB Election Candidates / Update Empty
PostSubject: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:10 am

Hi All

Please see link below for update.

Chris

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 am

Saltash green would like to enter ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

Ah so all has been revealed. Not one female or under 25 is interested in the PASB at all. At least there are 3 or 4 names that I recognise.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Posted this elsewhere but might as well copy it here too.

The names are in! Or is that out? Anyway here they are. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alan Barry
Miles Bidgood
Jon Back
Mark Edwards
Tony Hooper
Phil Johns
John Petrie
Gary Pollock
Edmund Shillabeer
Jonathan Sparkes

No candidates under 25 or female have stepped forward so the 4 places up for grabs has been increased to 6 and the 2 set aside for kiz n wimmin have been dropped. I'm pretty sure that most of them (Back, Johns, Petrie, Pollock, Shillabeer, Sparkes) are Trust members. I don't know about Bidgood or Barry. Hooper isn't so don't vote for him.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Who are the Trust sponsored nominees (or in a different mindset waif and strays and puppets)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Its a damming statement to the representation of the whole fanbase though that no females or under 25's were the slightest bit interested.Not what they expected obviously.Same old faces some of whom could now be wearing two hats.Mickey mouse set up right from the start.Trust mark 2.

Last edited by oddball on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Well Shillabeer and Petrie are both on the Trust board so they must be two. I'm wondering about the Trust official gasbag who could come from outside these 10. Will it be a member of the Trust board or somebody else? Will the Trust board choose him or her or will the Trust members get to do so?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

oddball wrote:
Its a damming statement to the representation of the whole fanbase though that no females or under 25's were the slightest bit interested.Not what they expected obviously.Same old faces some of whom could now be wearing two hats.Mickey mouse set up right from the start.Trust mark 2.

Getting u-25s involved in something like this is almost impossible. They just don't care about procedures and elections. The lack of women just represents understandable reluctance and caution on their part. Look at the way Peggy was singled out by ADT for starters or Sepp Blatters suggestion that women footballers wear tighter shorts or any number of other titsoutforthelads instances. Or just the way that decent people like Gareth Nicholson get targeted once they pop their heads up. I don't blame anybody for not standing on those grounds alone let alone standing for such an unwanted and undemocratic, toothless poodle.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Coverage on thisisplymouth

More media bits will be out on this over the next 48 hrs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:54 pm

And there are those who thought the numbers putting themselves up for the Trust election were lame. 20,000 stakeholders, 3500 members, 11 supporter branches, an election set up by and promoted by the club and 10 'experts in their field' put themselves forward.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:25 pm

What a surprise that none (at least in their own name) of those who have been hounding the Trust for so long (with the noble exception of Tony) have had the b*lls to put themselves forward. Surely this would have been the ideal platform to bury the Trust or at least dilute its influence. By not standing, as Oddball points out, the GasBoard will be Trust Mark 2.

But it's always so much easier to criticise than actually do something isn't it.

All power to the elbow to those who are standing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Dingle wrote:
What a surprise that none (at least in their own name) of those who have been hounding the Trust for so long (with the noble exception of Tony) have had the b*lls to put themselves forward. Surely this would have been the ideal platform to bury the Trust or at least dilute its influence. By not standing, as Oddball points out, the GasBoard will be Trust Mark 2.

But it's always so much easier to criticise than actually do something isn't it.

All power to the elbow to those who are standing.

I agree. It's important to separate the PASB from the people who are standing. Good on them for putting themselves into the firing line.

However, this fiasco seems to gather apace. I've tried to tell myself that not every organisation can be up and running from the off but the setting up of this one doesn't augur well for the future. With such luminaries behind it, you would have thought something would have been done better than this.

Let's be generous ..... Mr Brent wanted to not interfere with this 'independent' body and that seems to have been what he has done. But, when he went to the extent of proclaiming it loud that he saw this as a more fully democratic body giving voice to the whole of the fans, it doesn't look good for the club that this unique venture is struggling so badly. I guess that if he had involved himself there would have been complaints about his controlling hand. Would he want to be associated with such a mess, though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Any of the candidates possible puppets for the ones hounding The Trust constantly? I was surprised Leigh Rapson didn't step forward, or Gus Honeybun. There must be someone willing to have the Superfans hand up their ass and pulling the strings.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Any of the candidates possible puppets for the ones hounding The Trust constantly? I was surprised Leigh Rapson didn't step forward, or Gus Honeybun. There must be someone willing to have the Superfans hand up their ass and pulling the strings.

Look out for Pasoti and Twitter endorsments. If a tweet from the right direction can make IjN fan of the year anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Posted this elsewhere but might as well copy it here too.

The names are in! Or is that out? Anyway here they are. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alan Barry
Miles Bidgood
Jon Back
Mark Edwards
Tony Hooper
Phil Johns
John Petrie
Gary Pollock
Edmund Shillabeer
Jonathan Sparkes

No candidates under 25 or female have stepped forward so the 4 places up for grabs has been increased to 6 and the 2 set aside for kiz n wimmin have been dropped. I'm pretty sure that most of them (Back, Johns, Petrie, Pollock, Shillabeer, Sparkes) are Trust members. I don't know about Bidgood or Barry. Hooper isn't so don't vote for him.

SFD,

Yes - just to say for certain - I am a Trust member & quite a recent one at that. I've not really had any involvement with it to date, although I did make the effort to drive down for the last AGM (when I sat next to ATD's first lady (& an old friend - Hi Wendy if you're reading!)).

I must say though that all of this prospective 'electioneering' stuff leaves me stoney cold & I don't think it's something I'll be actively doing.... I've already stuck my 100 words on here, don't know what else to say really.

Oh just one thing - I think it's a real shame that Andy S decided not to take part; I think he would have been an effective ally & more importantly, a good asset for the club.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Dougie wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Look out for Pasoti and Twitter endorsments. If a tweet from the right direction can make IjN fan of the year anything is possible.

Concerningly, I've just entered the world of Twitter...... albeit largely for the purposes of my new job..... (cough).
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I take it that Jonathon Sparkes is Gordon?

Don't recognise some of the names (John, Edwards, Pollock, oh and Hooper [ Laughing ])- any idea if they post on pasoti or here?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:04 pm

I assumed that the Jonathon Sparkes referred to as Financial Adviser to the Trust in the AGM minutes is the man.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:04 pm

I see CW has said that Jonathon Sparkes isn't Gordon (on pasoti)- in answer to my question above.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:12 pm

In that case Gordon is a surprising omission
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Dougie wrote:

Very much Dougie, another independent voice gone.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Yep, I wonder why? Sparksy was at (almost) every set up meeting, including the last....

Jon
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

JonB wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Yep, I wonder why? Sparksy was at (almost) every set up meeting, including the last....

Jon

Maybe he's woken up and realised the whole process is pretty much pointless.

No youth interested, no birds interested.

To represent the people effectively, you need to be one of the people. How many of the 10 are even under 50?

Mods, this thread should be moved to Mundane.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I think it is actually quite reflective of our fanbase.

Let's face it, go to Home Park and you're surrounded by old men.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Oh well, think I'll take a nap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PASB Election Candidates / Update   PASB Election Candidates / Update Empty

Back to top Go down

PASB Election Candidates / Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next