Dougie
Dingle
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Supporters Board election - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am

I must admit to not paying too much attention to the GAS/PAS process (sorry Tony) as I've condsidered it, at best, a pointless exercise from Day 1. Now have I got this correct.

1). 50% of the places will be given to organisations representing at most 2000 supporters.

2). The other 50%, once elected, will have no formal responsibility to their constituency and can, if they so wish, plough their own merry furrow until the next election.

3). I'm presuming, given the Profs waffle about 20000 stakeholders that every effort will be made to include as many of those as possible. If restricted to members then that's about 3000 is it? Many of whom will be in the 2000 mentioned above. Having a ballot at the first home match would give another 4000ish (you'd have to ensure only cash buyers got a ballot, either from the box office or the turnstile). Other than that Argyle's mailing list could be deployed. What a potential nightmare if there's any desire for a democratic one man one vote basis. I would be very interested in the turnout if, by some miracle, ballot papers reach say 50% of the Prof's elusive stakeholders.

Alternatively somebody could suggest dumping the whole half baked idea and engage with the Trust as and when necessary.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 am

I don't believe James Brent dumps
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I must admit to not paying too much attention to the GAS/PAS process (sorry Tony) as I've condsidered it, at best, a pointless exercise from Day 1. Now have I got this correct.

1). 50% of the places will be given to organisations representing at most 2000 supporters.

2). The other 50%, once elected, will have no formal responsibility to their constituency and can, if they so wish, plough their own merry furrow until the next election.

3). I'm presuming, given the Profs waffle about 20000 stakeholders that every effort will be made to include as many of those as possible. If restricted to members then that's about 3000 is it? Many of whom will be in the 2000 mentioned above. Having a ballot at the first home match would give another 4000ish (you'd have to ensure only cash buyers got a ballot, either from the box office or the turnstile). Other than that Argyle's mailing list could be deployed. What a potential nightmare if there's any desire for a democratic one man one vote basis. I would be very interested in the turnout if, by some miracle, ballot papers reach say 50% of the Prof's elusive stakeholders.

Alternatively somebody could suggest dumping the whole half baked idea and engage with the Trust as and when necessary.

"Pick that one out of the onion bag!" said Roy Of The Rovers.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Board election
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3