Tringreen
Dougie
Dingle
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingle

Supporters Board election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Tony, do you know the names of the candidates? I cannot understand the reticence of those who have put themselves forward to start banging the drum in support of the whole PASBoard/ GASBoard/Mickey Mouse affair in the face of the comments on this site and the apathy on PASOTI and elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 pm

He's talking about the 6 places up for grabs for supporters' groups, one of which is the AFT.
Sounds like the divvying up between groups will be debated AND voted on that day. They will then go back to their constituencies and vote in their rep I assume.
Obviously this is the sort of anouncement that doesn't merit a post on ATD, only Pasoti. Is Pasoti one of those groups being invited ? and if so, why not ATD ?

Has this website received an e-mail like, say, PASCA. Apparently they've gone out to all interested parties.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 pm

If only someone had recorded what The President actually said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Dougie wrote:
If only someone had recorded what The President actually said.

Tim Chown said that he'd taken 8 pages of notes. Hopefully The Supreme Leader's contribution will be in there somewhere. Or, of course, we could hope that TSL will stick his head over the parapet at some point and confirm the content of his address to the AGM.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 pm

The putting together of the PASB has been a total farce from beginning to this point in time. Nobody has a clue what is going on half the time and that includes the people in charge.

And can somebody explain to me why apart from what our dear and beloved El Prez says in his missives, there is not one word about the PASB on the official PAFC site?

If the club (Brent) is so keen on the idea why doesn't it have its own section where fans can look for information.

Talking of which... Can anyone point me to a link that contains David Wheelers report to the club?

Actually.. Can anyone point me to anything 'official' about the PASB?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Dingle wrote:
Tony, do you know the names of the candidates? I cannot understand the reticence of those who have put themselves forward to start banging the drum in support of the whole PASBoard/ GASBoard/Mickey Mouse affair in the face of the comments on this site and the apathy on PASOTI and elsewhere.

Dingle for weeks/months now I have been saying the same thing, I find it frustrating in the extreme.

Those I know: Miles Bidgood, Jon B, Myself

I hear: Ed Shillabear, Sparksy. Allegedly up to another 7/8

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Penz wrote:
He's talking about the 6 places up for grabs for supporters' groups, one of which is the AFT.
Sounds like the divvying up between groups will be debated AND voted on that day. They will then go back to their constituencies and vote in their rep I assume.
Obviously this is the sort of anouncement that doesn't merit a post on ATD, only Pasoti. Is Pasoti one of those groups being invited ? and if so, why not ATD ?

Has this website received an e-mail like, say, PASCA. Apparently they've gone out to all interested parties.

Neither Pasoti or ATD have been invited.

The full list is:

THE ARGYLE FANS' TRUST

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE SUPPORTERS TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT TRUST

Plymouth Supporters Branch

PASLB

PASCA

PASTA

Northern Greens

Midland Greens

Vice Presidents

Senior Greens

Disabled Supporters Group
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Tony,

A long delayed 'Greetings and welcome', nice to see you posting here.

Does anybody know each of the above groups 'membership' figures?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Rickler wrote:
The putting together of the PASB has been a total farce from beginning to this point in time. Nobody has a clue what is going on half the time and that includes the people in charge.

And can somebody explain to me why apart from what our dear and beloved El Prez says in his missives, there is not one word about the PASB on the official PAFC site?

If the club (Brent) is so keen on the idea why doesn't it have its own section where fans can look for information.

Talking of which... Can anyone point me to a link that contains David Wheelers report to the club?

Actually.. Can anyone point me to anything 'official' about the PASB?

Nigel

Its best accessed via Google, its all there because its where I found it.

No idea why not on OS but such a shambles to date im not surprised. Last meeting of the Steering Group was in April but the SG meeting not until 28.07.2012, still no idea of electoral roll, or when closing date for entries is, therefore candidates can not mail drop those on it (some may see that as a blessed relief) I do not know if its going to be by postal vote or when or even datte of declaration.

I doubt the many unions are such a shambles but apparently its OK for Argyle fans.

One can only dispair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
Tony,

A long delayed 'Greetings and welcome', nice to see you posting here.

Does anybody know each of the above groups 'membership' figures?

Simple answer?

Maybe

Smile

But they have not been posted anywhere and I doubt audited, even the Trusts.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Well, Tony...

Your honed 'investigative' skills are obviously far superior to mine as I can't find Wheelers final report anywhere using Google? Maybe you could help?

As for the supporters group numbers.... An approximation would do. I am sure John Lloyd would know roughly the London number.

Surely you have a rough idea about PASTA?

Etc.. Etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 am

Saltash green likes the rickler. Saltash green thinks he is nice guy

Last edited by Saltash green on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 am

Rickler wrote:
Well, Tony...

Your honed 'investigative' skills are obviously far superior to mine as I can't find Wheelers final report anywhere using Google? Maybe you could help?

As for the supporters group numbers.... An approximation would do. I am sure John Lloyd would know roughly the London number.

Etc.. Etc...

The Trust are probably about 1200

London 300 tops

Senior Greens I know to be about 200

North Devon I heard was about 90

Pasta about 40

Cornwall I dont know but doubt its over 75

The others I cant even guess about.

I will send you a link for a summary of the report, which is all I have by email.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 am

Thanks for that Tony.

So where does the 20,000 figure that has been put forward as being the Argyle pool of fans who need to be represented come from?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:26 am

Dingle wrote:
Thanks for that Tony.

So where does the 20,000 figure that has been put forward as being the Argyle pool of fans who need to be represented come from?

It was spoken by David Wheeeler at the first meeting of what morphed into the Stering Group and he used the word "Stakeholders". He did not explain where the figure came from but I took it to be the notional ground capacity after the new stand.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:09 am

tonycholwell wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Well, Tony...

Etc.. Etc...

The Trust are probably about 1200

London 300 tops

Senior Greens I know to be about 200

North Devon I heard was about 90

Pasta about 40

Cornwall I dont know but doubt its over 75

The others I cant even guess about.

I will send you a link for a summary of the report, which is all I have by email.

And I'm a member of 2 of those groups and have a season ticket to boot. One man 3 votes. The Gasboard putting the mock in democracy (I going to use that as the strapline in my campaign to join the board overseeing the Gasboard)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:17 am

Dougie wrote:
One man 3 votes.

One (40 years supporting) Exile. No votes.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 am

Quote :
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE SUPPORTERS TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT TRUST

Really?

Haven't heard much from them since the fell for Stapleton in such a big way.

It's seems to far quick a turnaaround from being censured by the Charity Commission to being invited to oversee the main board of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. I hope they dcline the invitation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 am

The London Branch was hovering around 225 the last time I heard figures. The renewal forms for 2012-13 membership are in the post.

PACSA is in the 40's.

Back to top Go down
Greenrod

Greenrod

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:15 am

To me, the whole PASB thing has been badly handled and not very transparent.

For a start, I doubt whether many supporters knew what the GASB was about, let alone the PASB. I'm sure the change of name confused the remaining au fait supporters.

Apart from the Fans Trust, there seems to be very few members, associated with the other Supporters Groups, invited to the next PASB meeting.

On top of this, there seems to be a lack of substantial reports and minutes from these meetings. A lot of info is heresay, inuendo and rumour.

It will be interesting to see how the 'sharing' of Supporters Group seats on the PASB pans out - I hope it's not a stitch up and that we see some fresh faces.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Sorry to be thick but is it being said that there was a serious suggestion that the Trust willfully and purposely work in a way to make the Gasboard obselete.

In my mind, and not being at all convinced about the need for the Gasboard at all - nada - never, the Trsut might as well sign its own death warrant if it followed that course. If those circumstances pertained I think Id leave theTrust and become Chowellike in my opposition to it.

And this was a view forwarded/proposed by The President? Surely I've misunderstood because they would have to strain things with Brent.

I think The Supreme Leader was suggesting that the Trust should have organised in such a way as to dominate the GAS Board to the point where it became indistinguishable from the Trust, thus rendering the GAS Board superfluous. That's my take on what he said, and it was the one thing he said in his little rant at the Trust AGM that I agreed with.

Andy, I agree with you,it was within his 'little rant'. The Minutes will have some detail of this 'little rant' too.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:42 am

So no female or under 25s nominees. Harry's desire for wider fan representation just shrunk a little.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

Rickler wrote:
Dougie wrote:
One man 3 votes.

One (40 years supporting) Exile. No votes.

I agree with you. Its a sad reflection on how Exiles are held in the PAS Board hierarchy that they are not given one vote. Most Exiles I know support the Club financially in other ways than 'belonging to the Club' as they say! As I am in England right now I will buy the white membership, 6 matches I believe, which I hope allows me 1 vote. As a member of The Trust does that allow me 1 vote????

Back to your point, IMHO it is wrong that Exiles are Exiled from this vote as they are usually fanatical supporters from afar!!!
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 am

[quote="Dougie"]So no female or under 25s nominees. Harry's desire for wider fan representation just shrunk a little.

I agree, a sad reflection as we have a large turnout of female supporters at home games, lack of publicity maybe ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

Candidates have been announced......NO woman....NO under 25 years old sounds like a touch of apathy present. Men only doesn't sound right....why is that ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board election   Supporters Board election - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Board election
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next