Flat_Track_Bully
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Do u believe in god  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Is saltash the poster from pasoti who got his knickers in a twist over El Pres saying something about argyle and religion?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm a non-believer and I'm quite happy to tell religious folk (the ones that stop me in town or come to my door) that I'll end up wormfood and nothing else. If people believe, I have no issue with that. What annoys me is friends and family who are not in the slightest bit religious but get their kids christened- WTF? You can even have non-religious god parents now (called guardians I think).

My parents-in-law and wife are into ghosts, paranormal stuff and all the other shit. My wife had a taped reading, last year, and when I heard it, most of it was complete bollocks and the reader led my wife with his questioning.

Reader "Your husband's name is Paul" (I'm called Mike)
Wife: No
Reader: You had a close relationship with or a family member is called Paul?
Reader: Pauline?
Wife: No...a neighbour of my Mum's called Paula died last week.
Reader: ....Her spirit is in the room!

I laughed when I heard the above, but my wife thought this bloke was brilliant. Clever Con merchants most of them.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:59 pm

GOB wrote:
Just looked but at 52 I'm wasting me time, I need at least 5 sets.

Geddon,yoom still a young 'un.Cassius Marcellus Clay,the American emancipationist not the boxer,married a 15 year old girl when he was 84.

Not a lot of people know that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I'm a non-believer and I'm quite happy to tell religious folk (the ones that stop me in town or come to my door) that I'll end up wormfood and nothing else. If people believe, I have no issue with that. What annoys me is friends and family who are not in the slightest bit religious but get their kids christened- WTF? You can even have non-religious god parents now (called guardians I think).

My parents-in-law and wife are into ghosts, paranormal stuff and all the other shit. My wife had a taped reading, last year, and when I heard it, most of it was complete bollocks and the reader led my wife with his questioning.

Reader "Your husband's name is Paul" (I'm called Mike)
Reader: You had a close relationship with or a family member is called Paul?
Reader: Pauline?
Wife: No...a neighbour of my Mum's called Paula died last week.
Reader: ....Her spirit is in the room!

I laughed when I heard the above, but my wife thought this bloke was brilliant. Clever Con merchants most of them.

I'm right with you there, brother!

I'd go one step further and say the same about church marriages.

Hypocrisy on a pretty large scale.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Oi, church marriages...

I've had two of those!!!

Although Fred, the vicar for the second one, did take me to one side after the rehersal and politely enquired whether there would be any trouble on the Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 pm

It's going to be very hot where your all going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Bet it's fun though Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Saltash green wrote:
It's going to be very hot where your all going.

Is Hell like Ibiza then?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:34 pm

I sit on the fence on this.Seen some strange stuff in my life so far.Not taking the piss on this either
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Saltash green wrote:
your all going.
BAM.

albino albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Saltash green wrote:
your all going.
BAM.

albino albino albino albino

yeah, wabbit stew i recks, fore shore
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Hmm...watching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm fascinated by religion. I have a shelf full of books on the subject. I could bore people for hours pursuing discussions about belief. I have attended various places of religious worship. Hundreds of years ago, as a second subject, I even had RE as part of my teacher training course (but was put off by its almost total Christian focus). Religion fascinates me.

It is a force for good and for evil - just like people.

What I don't like is religious people who patronise me.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 pm

knecht wrote:
I'm fascinated by religion. I have a shelf full of books on the subject. I could bore people for hours pursuing discussions about belief. I have attended various places of religious worship. Hundreds of years ago, as a second subject, I even had RE as part of my teacher training course (but was put off by its almost total Christian focus). Religion fascinates me.

It is a force for good and for evil - just like people.

What I don't like is religious people who patronise me.

I'm the Reverend Greenskin of All Saints church Sydenham Damerell and my advice to you is not to worry your little head about such matters,Knechty poo poo.

Don't think that was too patronising,was it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Genewic wabbit.... the same old heavy feet...slap slap slap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:53 pm

BTW it's GOB, not God.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Back in 1983 when the pubs shut at 2.00pm.3 of my mates were in to wildfowling (duck shooting ).So we decided too take a look in the afternoon,on the Exe estuary.I got the boat ready on the slip way before my mates got there,as i was doing so saw a reef floating past so i put it on the bow of the boat.
Late that day we came across a dead body ,the reef was still on the bow.This is a true story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Comes to something when you log on to ATD and get preached at, then get told were all going hell!. My Mrs say's she gives me all the guidance I need so feck off. lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:02 pm

There is no god
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:07 pm

I think this requires a vote
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Freathy wrote:
There is no god

I'm surprised you didn't post 'God Out' Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Freathy wrote:
There is no god

I'm surprised you didn't post 'God Out' Very Happy

He did
Quote :
BRENT OUT !
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Seen some strange stuff in my life so far.

Yeah, but you're from Exeter, so that's not really a surprise.

Btw, the existence of Exeter is pretty much all the evidence I need for there being no god.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm with Freathy on this one.

I have no time for people who foist their oppinions on me and especially on this subject. I don't give a flying feck if I burn in hell. Firstly I don't believe in that either and secondly I'll be dead so won't care if I'm wrong. People who spend their time preaching to others should get a life and try enjoying the one they have.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
Seen some strange stuff in my life so far.

Yeah, but you're from Exeter, so that's not really a surprise.

Btw, the existence of Exeter is pretty much all the evidence I need for there being no god.

WXXKXX. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do u believe in god
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: