pepsipete
Mock Cuncher
Chingers
Flat_Track_Bully
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Do u believe in god  Empty
PostSubject: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:03 pm

I do. I believe he is my maker. Therefore I pray 2 times a day and thank him for the opportunitys life has provided me, anyone else do anything similar ?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Saltash green wrote:
I do. I believe he is my maker. Therefore I pray 2 times a day and thank him for the opportunitys life has provided me, anyone else do anything similar ?

If you've been praying for Argyle to be a success, then you need to start praying a little harder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I haven't prayed for that yet. Prayer is a serious activity and one that should only be used to help cope with the challenges that life throws your way. Not to influence the out come of any kind of recreational activity or sport
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Says who?
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 pm

The last time I prayed to that particular christian god, my prayers were answered.
His emissary, my local rather angry vicar, and choirmaster, kicked myself and my two brothers out of the Church choir, cassocks and all. Thank you god.
a long time ago.

Last edited by Penz on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:23 pm

It's funny, whenever in my life I've tried to pray, I've always ended up masterbating.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Chingers wrote:
Says who?

Says me. You should try it before its too late
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:38 pm

I used to be quite angry about the whole religion thing, as all religions are based on the most fanciful stories that do not stack up under any kind of scrutiny.

I also experienced things like vicars, priests or whatever, to my mind preying on vulnerable people with mental health issues, my wife was regularly admitted to a psychiatric unit with set backs, as she is bi-polar. And it always looked to me that these people saw an opportunity to worm their way in offering peace and comfort through religion.

As I've got older I still no more believe in any God than I do in the tooth fairy, but I do see how some people do find com fort themselves in the belief that there is an afterlife and somebody looking after them, and also being comforted in the belief that dead loved ones are in a better place.

What still annoys the feck out of me are these mediums and psychics who claim to converse with dead relatives, all for the unbelievably reasonable price of £20 a ticket, or a personal half hour session costing £50. That and priests and nuns who abused their positions to mentally, physically and sexually abuse children all over the world. If there was a God, he would have ensured a slow painful death for these bastards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
It's funny, whenever in my life I've tried to pray, I've always ended up masterbating.

Tis your devine right Mock and you should be proud, "cometh the man" and all that. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Quote :
physically and sexually abuse children all over the world. If there was a God, he would have ensured a slow painful death for these bastards.

That's catholics. Strange bunch. But Greenjock. Your wife could do a lot worse than let god into her life if she has mental issues.

The lord is here to assist us all through the journey of life
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Fore shore.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Chingers wrote:
Says who?

Okay and you are? And too late for what?

If you can give me any evidence of God's existence in your next post, well, I'm all over it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Religions are quite a different thing from spiritual need.
Like it or not, we have a huge need for a spiritual aspect to our otherwise 'reasoned' lives, and is well recorded outside of these main religions.
The latest religion, Science, has provided just as big fairy tales as any other religion has hitherto mustered. I mean, what's all this big bang thing ? do me a favour, and what's the point of 2 and 2 equalling four, if your crops get stolen before you can harvest them. And not only that, eventually 2 and 2 does not equal 4 .... that's a fact.

Last edited by Penz on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm just joe public. And too late for forgiveness for all the sins you have incurred throughout your life. So you can sit with god instead of lie down with the devil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:51 pm

First, what sex is the devil?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Quote :
physically and sexually abuse children all over the world. If there was a God, he would have ensured a slow painful death for these bastards.

That's catholics. Strange bunch. But Greenjock. Your wife could do a lot worse than let god into her life if she has mental issues.

The lord is here to assist us all through the journey of life

Ah the old chestnut that my religion is better than yours. I don't know if she ever let God into her life, she certainly let plenty of strange men into her life, and as I haven't seen her for 7 years I really don't care if she about to be ordained, or crucified for that matter.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Chingers wrote:
Saltash green wrote:
Chingers wrote:
Says who?

Okay and you are? And too late for what?

If you can give me any evidence of God's existence in your next post, well, I'm all over it.

God is a word for creator, you exist therefore you were created so there must be a God. What form it takes is a different matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:06 pm

No belief in any God or faith here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:29 pm

My phone only showed me the thread title "do you believe in", I was hoping for a thread about Cher Sad

So, do you believe in life after love?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Dinosaurs,that's what puzzles me,dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

lol!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Dinosaurs,that's what puzzles me,dinosaurs.

Yeah they believed in God. Scientists have found synagogues that had 150 ft high ceilings from the Jewrassic period.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:45 pm

If there was a God, he'd give all females legs like Ana Ivanovic (currently on BBC1 but losing, so be quick fellas)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Just looked but at 52 I'm wasting me time, I need at least 5 sets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do u believe in god    Do u believe in god  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do u believe in god
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: