pepsipete
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Freathy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I think he was hindered for a while by not having an established coach. It was as though he wanted to stay British and have a British coach, and then used his mother. That can't be as effective as having someone like Ivan Lendl who is his coach now.

Now if you want to start talking about miserable looking fuckers!
His mother???
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I lay bet against Murray after the 1st set, guaranteeing me £20 win either way.

:-)
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 pm

knecht wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I thought this was quite interesting.

Yep! Not behaving like a celeb so he gets a bad reputation. Part of the culture that wants celebs to be 'naughty' or 'nice' so they can fill the front pages with cooing nonsense or outraged condemnation. 'Ordinary' isn't enough.

It also isn't enough that he is runner-up at Wimbledon!

Brooker is spot on, as is often the case (although he did once compare Plymouth to a nuclear wasteland!). I always quite liked Murray because he treated the feck-witted questions asked to him by journalists with the contempt they deserved, which other people seem to interpret as grumpiness. The 'controversy' over his 'anyone who is playing England' quote is ridiculous, propagated by people who are presumably either too dim to appreciate harmless banter, or too up themselves to accept a guy who isn't all corporate friendly sound bites. His refusal to get too worked up in interviews may well be due to his experience at Dunblane, perhaps meaning he is better able to keep things in perspective than many journalists and members of the general public.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

The pimms is on mock cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Keepitgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I think he was hindered for a while by not having an established coach. It was as though he wanted to stay British and have a British coach, and then used his mother. That can't be as effective as having someone like Ivan Lendl who is his coach now.

Now if you want to start talking about miserable looking fuckers!
His mother???

No, although she is too, I meant Ivan Lendl. Great player though. Always wanted him to win Wimbledon but he wasn't a great grass court player.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am

Greenjock wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

The pimms is on mock cheers
No, cos I then lost it all on betting that Trott would be highest run scorer in the last ODI when Bell got out. Twas just the situation for a mundane 60 odd, unfortunately Cook played the role instead.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3