Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Freathy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Anybody else been watching Wimbledon then?

Nadal just lost :O

Murray through...unfortunately...he will never win
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 pm

It's the same old recurring shite every two years - England get dumped out of a major tournament just in time for Wimbledon to start so we can all turn to pinning our national hopes on the one outclassed loser representing England/UK in the f***ing poxy tennis. I couldn't care less about wimbledon if I really tried.
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
It's the same old recurring shite every two years - England get dumped out of a major tournament just in time for Wimbledon to start so we can all turn to pinning our national hopes on the one outclassed loser representing England/UK in the f***ing poxy tennis. I couldn't care less about wimbledon if I really tried.

You can add MURRAY OUT to your signature soon. lol!
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 pm

I only watch the ladies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 am

GOB wrote:
I only watch the ladies

LOL. AM will win this year! king
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:08 am

To my eternal shame, Im with Freathy!

And as for that Murray creature, quicker exit the better.
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 am

tonycholwell wrote:
To my eternal shame, Im with Freathy!

And as for that Murray creature, quicker exit the better.

Murray has no personality, is petulant and is Scottish. Other than that the British public love him for 2 weeks of the year.

On the other hand, he is number 4 in the world, has been for 3 or 4 years now, at a time when there are 3 of the best players ever competing against him every week. With Nadal already out, it does give him a slightly better chance this year, but I think he would still have to play Djokovic in the semi-final if all goes to plan.

A British Wimbledon winner would do wonders for grass roots tennis, much more than the small slice of the huge pie that Wimbledon generates for the LTA. It's crazy that other than Tim Henman's guaranteed Quarter-Final run every year at Wimbledon, British tennis has been an embarrassment for years, unless you consider Greg Rusedski's US Open final appearance as British. Heather Watson has reached the 3rd round this year, the first British woman to reach round 3 for 10 years! And again the weight of expectation falls on Andy Murray, who is capable of reaching the semi-final without too much trouble. It's then that the real obstacles start.

Murray hasn't got bucketloads of charisma, but is it better to have a great on court personality, or to be a winner? If you see his mother in the stands, she also looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp half of the time, so that's where he gets it from. I'm sure that if he did manage to win Wimbledon, he would be as ecstatic as any other winner, and would let his hair down and relax more.

Apart from being Scottish, I like Andy Murray because he was in the classroom when the Dunblane massacre took place. He was about 8 years old when a lunatic burst into his classroom and started shooting his friends and teachers. 17 people were killed and lots of others injured, and that must be a hell of a thing to witness as a child. It would be enough to make anyone a bit of a miserable bugger, and I think it's to his great credit that he has done something amazing with his life.

If he does go on to win Wimbledon this year, he will be Andy Murray, the British tennis hero. If he doesn't win, he will be Scotlands Andy Murray again Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

In the eyes of the Media, it would be a British win.

In the eyes of most Englishmen I know, it would be on a par with Exeter getting to the Premiership.

I can't stand the cnut. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:18 pm

I knew Murray was from Dunblane but never realised he was present at the tragedy.

I personally don't like him (especially after he was caught wearing a Portugal shirt before? an England euro game) and don't buy this he's British if he's winning, Scottish if he's losing crap. A cnut is always a cnut. He doesn't seem to have the ability to win a major tournament and is this decades' "Tiger" Tim.
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I knew Murray was from Dunblane but never realised he was present at the tragedy.

I personally don't like him (especially after he was caught wearing a Portugal shirt before? an England euro game) and don't buy this he's British if he's winning, Scottish if he's losing crap. A cnut is always a cnut. He doesn't seem to have the ability to win a major tournament and is this decades' "Tiger" Tim.

I cheer on whoever England play. I pissed myself when Cole missed that penalty, just like 80% of Scotland did. I expect no less from England fans towards Scotland. The fact that we're so shit means we get a few sympathy fans from England, just like Ireland do. I also want Ireland to lose every game, unless they play England.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I cheer on whoever England play. I pissed myself when Cole missed that penalty, just like 80% of Scotland did. I expect no less from England fans towards Scotland. The fact that we're so shit means we get a few sympathy fans from England, just like Ireland do. I also want Ireland to lose every game, unless they play England.

I'd have had far more respect for Murray, if, after being caught wearing Paraguay and Portugal shirts at the time of the 2006 World Cup, he turned round and said "Aye, I fuckin hate England, what of it?"

And the ponsy tw@t had to issue a grovelling backtrack after saying he was "Scottish, not British", so that his Wimbledon support wouldn't evaporate.

Two questions Jock...

Where were you born, and where was your mother born? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Just to add, Ryan Giggs was sentenced to a lifetime of non-appearances at a major football finals due to his dad turning the screw on him and insisting he play for Wales, even after he'd played for England at youth level.

I reckon your dad has done the same to you Jock. Sentencing you to a lifetime of having to watch that joke of a Jockenese team failing miserably at the qualifiers, while you sit there trying to convince jock-junior that he really does love Tartan... Razz
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Just to add, Ryan Giggs was sentenced to a lifetime of non-appearances at a major football finals due to his dad turning the screw on him and insisting he play for Wales, even after he'd played for England at youth level.

I reckon your dad has done the same to you Jock. Sentencing you to a lifetime of having to watch that joke of a Jockenese team failing miserably at the qualifiers, while you sit there trying to convince jock-junior that he really does love Tartan... Razz

I'm Scottish, to her eternal shame my mother is from Yorkshire! Can there be more of a skinflint mixture? I make the Jewish look generous.

I won't insist that junior is a Scotland fan, just like my Dad didn't with me, and I won't force him to be an Argyle fan either, but I will buy him a Scotland shirt and Argyle shirt and take him to Argyle games. If he decides he wants to support Man Utd or Chelsea when he's growing up, then I wish him well in finding cheap accomodation at such a young age, but I won't twist his arm or anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:22 pm

I hate tennis so don't really care who wins Wimbledon but I can't see anything wrong with being Scottish first and then British if he was born and bred in Scotland. I consider myself to be English first and foremost and British second so there is no difference to many others who think the same about their origins. I would go so far as to say I'm Devonian before English as well.
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am

My father was a Scot (with a German grand-father). My mother was mixed race - her father was from Hertfordshire and her mother was Cornish.

I'm British but would be happy to be called European or even a human being.
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 am

One day evolution will dictate that Knecht but for now I'm English and then British

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 am

Plymouthian ~ Devonian ~ English ~ British ~ ~ ~ European (only for the Ryder cup)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 am

Murray's [and his mother too] main problem appears to be temperament. Most of the pundits reckon his game is as good as those above him in the rankings but the extremes of joy and despair from the boy and his Mum are the difference.
Lendl seems to be trying to calm him but it still only looks to be skin deep. The turmoil within remains.
I hope he can overcome the pressure he puts on himself. I reckon if he can win one major, others will follow.

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 am

Tringreen wrote:
Murray's [and his mother too] main problem appears to be temperament. Most of the pundits reckon his game is as good as those above him in the rankings but the extremes of joy and despair from the boy and his Mum are the difference.
Lendl seems to be trying to calm him but it still only looks to be skin deep. The turmoil within remains.
I hope he can overcome the pressure he puts on himself. I reckon if he can win one major, others will follow.

That sums it up for me-great post!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 pm

They've closed the roof on centre court tonight with Murray and Baghdatis 1 set all and now 2-1 Murray in the 3rd.

I don't think I've ever enthused so much about a Cypriot before! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
They've closed the roof on centre court tonight with Murray and Baghdatis 1 set all and now 2-1 Murray in the 3rd.

Murray should win then. The Jocks are used to a Saturday night lock in. By this time on a Saturday the Cypriots are just enjoying the ride lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Murray should win then. The Jocks are used to a Saturday night lock in. By this time on a Saturday the Cypriots are just enjoying the ride lol!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

lol!

All nighter in Napa ! hic ! drunken .......................................... only joking.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 am

Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

lol!

All nighter in Napa ! hic ! drunken .......................................... only joking.

Tring - "Alright love, I'm just popping out for some bread and milk"
Mrs Tring - "Ok see you in a bit"

Tringy seizes the opportunity to put his pole dancing lessons to good use....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:08 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

lol!

Tring - "Alright love, I'm just popping out for some bread and milk"
Mrs Tring - "Ok see you in a bit"

Tringy seizes the opportunity to put his pole dancing lessons to good use....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And 50 Cypriot women want to enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wimbledon 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon 2012   Wimbledon 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2012
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next