Jethro
Mapperley, darling
Tgwu
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Who going to Wimbledon  Empty
PostSubject: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 pm

FEWER than 100 tickets remain for Argyle's trip to AFC Wimbledon on Sunday.
Following the Pilgrims' memorable 3-2 win at Oxford United on Boxing Day, the Green Army have been snapping up tickets for the visit to the Cherry Red Records Stadium - a ground at which Argyle have never lost.

The Argyle ticket office will be selling tickets until 1pm on Saturday, and it is recommended you act fast to ensure you do not miss

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - hZBlih8Zixl3CPPP.99

Please let us know if you have a season ticket & are not coming to the game on Sunday by emailing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AFC Wimbledon ‏@AFCWimbledon

Wimbledon appeals sending off

Due to this George will be available to play against Plymouth this Sunday, however his ban may be extended if the appeal is deemed frivolous

Away fans are housed in the Your Golf Travel Terrace at one side of the pitch. If the the away following is expected to be less than 600, then one side (towards the Nongshim Stand) is allocated and hence the terrace is shared with home supporters, although adequately separated. For larger followings then more of the terrace can be allocated, with the maximum allocation being 700. This small shallow terrace is partly covered to the rear, with open standing areas on each side. In addition a number of seats are made available in the new Nongshim Stand, adjacent to the East Terrace.

Please note that the away terrace is not accessible by going through the main entrance into the stadium car park. Away fans should instead continue going along Kingston Road (keeping the main entrance on the right) and take the next right into Jack Goodchild Way. Outside the stadium near the main entrance is a handy chip shop whilst a bit further along is the amusingly named 'Fat Boys Cafe'. I also noticed outside the Main Stand a vendor displaying and selling the largest array of different football badges, that I think I have ever seen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:36 pm

i'll be at ilson v buxton
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:50 pm

I'l be in the pub.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Sherborne brigade on the train to New Malden - laden!! drunken 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:07 pm

You could be going on yer bike Bandy, lots of trains in that area have been cancelled.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks Jack - that's a bummer!! must check
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:23 am

not I, cant stand that phoney lot.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:11 am

Sure you're not getting confused with MK Dons Elias ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 am

no MK Dons are REAL Wimbledon end of.

it always makes me laugh that sam hamman (wimbledon legend) was part of a plan to take wimbledon to MK in the 80's! before their rise up the leagues, ron noades (rip) was also involed.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 am

In the pub, for shore  drunken 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:40 am

Elias wrote:

it always makes me laugh that sam hamman (wimbledon legend) was part of a plan to take wimbledon to MK in the 80's! before their rise up the leagues, ron noades (rip) was also involed.

I'll have to get you together with my mate that was born and bred in Kingston and only follows AFC now, MK are Franchised out of the area they were born in"
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 am

Elias' hatred for Wimbledon always amused and confused me, in equal measure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:28 am

Sam Hamam is on his side so he must be right.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:48 am

Im going
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:54 am

Xthrobber and myself send our apologies, though i'm making my debut for the season against torkey on wednesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Xthrobber and myself send our apologies, though i'm making my debut for the season against torkey on wednesday.

jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor santa cheers 

Just one thing to say, well couple really - trains all checked and apart from a bus to Templecombe, 5 miles away and back we are up for the trip. Beers are packed and this is our day out - anyone fancy a beer we will been in the ......... New Malden!! Hahahhahahahhahahh!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:35 am

Have a great day Bandy, best of luck to you and the team........come on you greens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 am

Cheers Jack!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:47 am

Iggy wrote:
Elias wrote:

I'll have to get you together with my mate that was born and bred in Kingston and only follows AFC now, MK are Franchised out of the area they were born in"

my boss at work follows AFC, funnily enough he gets riled when mention of the REAL Wimbledon.
I dont mention it, well, not very often (about 50 times a shift)  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:

i remember when wimbledon were the football 'anti christ', im sure you do to.
the version of 'millwall' on the field. the media hated them then when MK become a reality they loved them !

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:40 am

Elias wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

i remember when wimbledon were the football 'anti christ', im sure you do to.
the version of 'millwall' on the field. the media hated them then when MK become a reality they loved them !

So do you hate Arsenal too 'cos they played binary football under George Graham?

You've shed some light by telling us your boss follows Wimbledon. You must dislike him pretty intensely!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 am

Office banter of course !
Seriously though many seem to have forgotten how unpopular wimbledon were teams dreaded playing them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Very true Elias, more EDL than AFC, the old Wimbledon. The new Wimbledon is quite different. Football has always had it's "hard nut" teams at all levels, even local park teams. It takes all sorts and I have always looked forward to such games be it pro or local. Heavitree from Exeter could be a bit tasty, Horrabridge in an old fashioned country clogging way, and no one from the S W League wanted to visit Foxhole in the Cornwall Senior Cup. My brother once tried to start up a NEW mens local team. No swearing or breaking of the rules or legs. Very Happy 

So what other hard nut teams were there ? The great Revie Leeds team of the 1970s spring to mind. They weren't that popular either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Sunderland awhile back.....I remember them coming down Charlton....30yrs ago when I took my 10yr old son and his mate....not so much the team but the 500 skin-head,bother boot brigade that rampaged into the ground from the station...in those days you could walk around the ground,nothing to stop you......nearly a case of lock up your women and kids....talk about intimidation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who going to Wimbledon    Who going to Wimbledon  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who going to Wimbledon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next