VillageGreen
Mock Cuncher
Sandford_Grecian
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season Empty
PostSubject: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Fixtures are out June 18th I believe?

Ok so who are the Goyles/Grecians/Gulls going to get 1st league game of the season then?

I'm going to go for an away day, to start, for both of us, and Gulls at home...

Torquay v Burton Albion
Wycombe Wanderers v Plymouth Argyle
York City v Exeter City

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 pm

I would like a home game first, perhaps home to Barnet
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Block3Green wrote:
I would like a home game first, perhaps home to Barnet

is that your prediction son? and what about the other 2? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Thats what I want, my predictions are

York V Argyle
Gulls V Wycombe
Barnet V Exeter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm

We're away to Southend. Torquay away to York. Exeter home to Dawlish Town.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Terrible thread.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Bristol Rovers or Southend United at home would be an interesting start to the campaign.

As i have tipped Bristol Rovers and Southend United (along With Bradford City,Port Vale and Oxford United) to do rather well this season,playing them early may be a damn good option.

I'd like another home tie in the League Cup,a big and good Championship side would be ideal

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Bristol Rovers or Southend United at home would be an interesting start to the campaign.

As i have tipped Bristol Rovers and Southend United (along With Bradford City,Port Vale and Oxford United) to rather well this season,playing them early may be a damn good option.

I'd like another home tie in the League Cup,a big and good Championship side would be ideal

we need to get past the first round for that, its only pompey, barnsley and whoever got relegated in the first round.

predictions:

argo v torquay
torquay v exeter
exeter v argo

im living in 3 parallel universes, btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Terrible thread.

Thank you for your contribution, here's to another 999 posts of equal enthral lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Bradford v Argyle

Torquay v Rotherhan

Barnet v Ex**er

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

As i have tipped Bristol Rovers and Southend United (along With Bradford City,Port Vale and Oxford United) to rather well this season,playing them early may be a damn good option.

we need to get past the first round for that, its only pompey, barnsley and whoever got relegated in the first round.

predictions:

argo v torquay
torquay v exeter
exeter v argo

im living in 3 parallel universes, btw

Pompey at home would be a good tie indeed,what with them possibly being in administration still.

We may even have a chance against them too......

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:04 pm

I can't ever remember us going very far in the League Cup. I'm sure we did once a long long time ago, but as a mere spring chicken I would have no recollection of the event.

I know we beat Wimbledon one year when they were a top flight club, but didn't go much further, and it's never really been something that's caught my imagination, especially when it was 2 legs. What's even worse is going out in the first round after extra time so the players are knackered come Saturday.

Now we need every penny we can get and a little cup run would be nice, not that crowds are very big until the latter stages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Jock, as much as I'd love a cup run, out of a total of 130 League Cup games we've only won 36 so history isn't on our side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Keepitgreen wrote:
Jock, as much as I'd love a cup run, out of a total of 130 League Cup games we've only won 36 so history isn't on our side.

Didn't think it was our best chance of silverware this year Razz
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Seeing as I am so good at predicting I say Real Madrid!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Keepitgreen wrote:

Didn't think it was our best chance of silverware this year Razz
Or any other year. Laughing Laughing Laughing Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Predict the first fixture? Why? Since nobody knows anything it's a guess. If all the options are covered by enough guesses somebody will be right. Fan dabby dozy. I bet the thread starter is a big Deal Or No Deal fan. "Ooooh you've got the banker worried. I can see your tactics." Well bollocks to it. It's just guesswork. No skill, no tactics and no intelligence involved. And so is this. Nobody on ATD can ever take the piss out of anybody on Pasoti for starting pointless feckin threads ever again. This thread is an all time low for football forums everywhere. I hope you are proud of yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:46 pm

SFD, you have obviously never heard of the bankers gamble, or the swap then?

No tactics on Deal or No Deal? You wouldn't do very well then would you? Then there's the curse of the Newbie, and having a photo of yer dead Nan on the table with you for luck.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Predict the first fixture? Why? Since nobody knows anything it's a guess. If all the options are covered by enough guesses somebody will be right. Fan dabby dozy. I bet the thread starter is a big Deal Or No Deal fan. "Ooooh you've got the banker worried. I can see your tactics." Well bollocks to it. It's just guesswork. No skill, no tactics and no intelligence involved. And so is this. Nobody on ATD can ever take the piss out of anybody on Pasoti for starting pointless feckin threads ever again. This thread is an all time low for football forums everywhere. I hope you are proud of yourself.

SFD, please don't beat around the bush, please feel free to say what you mean. I'm uncertain what you're saying here.
cheers cheers cheers cheers lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Greenjock wrote:

No tactics on Deal or No Deal? You wouldn't do very well then would you? Then there's the curse of the Newbie, and having a photo of yer dead Nan on the table with you for luck.

This post is bollocks. The best tactic in Deal Or No Deal is to take the first offer or no offer. Every time. Don't tw@t about in between. Obviously occasionally somebody gets lucky (this is chance and not tactical awareness or savvy of any kind) and does better. It is a sad programme, based on a sad concept (just "guess a feckin number", FFS!) with a sad presenter watched, mostly, by sad and lonely individuals. Noel Edmonds is a wanker. Most of the viewers are wankers (or would be if they weren't all senile). It is daytime TV's wankstain equivalent. In fact I'd rather have a wank. I'd rather some other tw@t had a wank. I'd rather have a dump. I'd rather the entire nation had a dump. I'd rather the tw@t that commissions the programme dropped dead before the next contract is up for renewal. I'd rather watch the Ooglies on CBBC or one of those programmes Justin, who has shat more talent than Noel feckin Edmonds has ever possessed in his whole career, does on CBeebies. Or that sodding awful David Dickinson thing on ITV. Even that. Who would win at Scrabble? Colin & Justin or Noel & The Banker? We all know the answer and it isn't the cnut that shares his initials with a fascistic political organisation. I bet feckin Newell feckin loves it. No feckin educated wankers anywhere. Just braindead feckin chavvy sheep too greedy for their own good willing to swallow any old promise of something better if cunningly wrapped up in some reverse psychology. The reasons why it would appeal to him are obvious when you think about it. Deal Or No Deal is the modern equivalent of Countdown (which is a fine programme). Tells you all you need to know about the triumph of stupidity over intelligence. £250,000 or a dictionary? Luck or applied creative and deductive intelligence? Problem solving or random chance? Bollocks to it once again. Bollocks. Bollocks. Bollocks.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Oh, you don't really go much on it then SFD. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Do you like goldenballs as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:49 pm

We should have a poll, a dump or a wank. Just trying to help SFD. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Do you like goldenballs as well?

Never seen it,
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

This post is bollocks. The best tactic in Deal Or No Deal is to take the first offer or no offer. Every time. Don't tw@t about in between. Obviously occasionally somebody gets lucky (this is chance and not tactical awareness or savvy of any kind) and does better. It is a sad programme, based on a sad concept (just "guess a feckin number", FFS!) with a sad presenter watched, mostly, by sad and lonely individuals. Noel Edmonds is a wanker. Most of the viewers are wankers (or would be if they weren't all senile). It is daytime TV's wankstain equivalent. In fact I'd rather have a wank. I'd rather some other tw@t had a wank. I'd rather have a dump. I'd rather the entire nation had a dump. I'd rather the tw@t that commissions the programme dropped dead before the next contract is up for renewal. I'd rather watch the Ooglies on CBBC or one of those programmes Justin, who has shat more talent than Noel feckin Edmonds has ever possessed in his whole career, does on CBeebies. Or that sodding awful David Dickinson thing on ITV. Even that. Who would win at Scrabble? Colin & Justin or Noel & The Banker? We all know the answer and it isn't the cnut that shares his initials with a fascistic political organisation. I bet feckin Newell feckin loves it. No feckin educated wankers anywhere. Just braindead feckin chavvy sheep too greedy for their own good willing to swallow any old promise of something better if cunningly wrapped up in some reverse psychology. The reasons why it would appeal to him are obvious when you think about it. Deal Or No Deal is the modern equivalent of Countdown (which is a fine programme). Tells you all you need to know about the triumph of stupidity over intelligence. £250,000 or a dictionary? Luck or applied creative and deductive intelligence? Problem solving or random chance? Bollocks to it once again. Bollocks. Bollocks. Bollocks.

You're a big fan then SFD. cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season   Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season Empty

Back to top Go down

Prediction for first league game of 2012/13 season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next