VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Northampton game & Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Man in the middle
Lee Collins

Games:13 Yellows 42 Red 1 ( Oldham Athletic 4-1 at Home Park on December 23.)

Lisa Rashid and Joe Clark as his assistant
The fourth official is Grant Taylor.

Will Northampton Town make Plymouth Argyle buckle under the pressure

Northampton Town's caretaker boss Dean Austin is hoping that his team deal with the pressure better than Plymouth Argyle do on Saturday.

Austin, who has been in charge since the departure of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, is facing a tough battle to save his side from relegation to League Two.

The Cobblers are four points from safety with three games remaining and will most likely need to win each of those matches to have a chance of staying in League One.

Club captain David Buchanan has called on the Cobblers supporters to pack out Sixfields this weekend, saying ‘this team needs them more than ever’.

We entertain play-off chasing Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, knowing only a win will do if they are to stand a chance of going on to avoid the drop back to the Football League basement division, less than two years after promotion.

A 7,000-plus crowd is expected at Sixfields, with Argyle already selling out their near 1,500 allocation, and Buchanan has called on the home fans that turn out to do their bit to be the team’s 12th man as they chase the three wins they are going to need from their final three games of the campaign to have a hope of surviving.

“It is difficult for the fans because we haven’t produced good enough performances on the pitch, and that is a fact, it is why we are sat where we are, but we are all Cobblers fans.

We are going into the Plymouth game with a bit more confidence behind us, a bit more belief about what we are doing, but we are under no illusions how difficult it is going to be.

“They are a team on the up and are looking to get into the play-offs, and have had a fantastic run.

“It is going to be a difficult game, but come Saturday at 5pm, hopefully we will have three more points on the board.

Northampton injury news

Dean Austin should name the same starting XI that picked up a crucial late win at Rochdale last Saturday.
Kevin Luckassen and Brendan Moloney are doubts with back and knee injuries.

CAR PARKING RESTRICTED ON SATURDAY

Please note that a travelling funfair has hired the north gravel car park from the Homes and Communities Agency so this car park will not be open on Saturday.

However, the north overflow car park will be open and the south gravel car park will be open as normal.

Despite the reduction on parking, the club are confident we have enough parking space for all supporters attending.

We strongly advise against parking anywhere other than in the official car parks. If you are parking anywhere else, please be respectful of local residents and businesses and park considerately. Parking enforcement officers regularly patrol the roads around the local area and do ticket cars as necessary.

Plymouth Argyle News

ARGYLE manager Derek Adams believes his side are in for an open encounter when they travel to Sixfields on Saturday to play relegation-threatened Northampton Town.

Northampton are four points inside the relegation zone with just three games to play. Therefore, the Cobblers will be desperate to win on Saturday, and could be expected to attack. Tactics, Adams feels, could make for an environment which could suit Argyle.

Adams said: “The game will probably be open. Northampton will come at us and we have to then try and pick them off; they haven’t got a situation where they can try and sit in and go for a point, they have got to go for the win. We are likewise; we would like to win the game as well so I can see it being an open encounter.

“It’s two difficult matches that we go into as Northampton and Rochdale are looking to stay in the league. They are going to come at us, that could work for us as they are going to leave space. In previous games against Peterborough and Portsmouth there hasn’t been a lot of space, so that might work in our favour. Two teams that can’t afford to draw the game and we will try to pick them off.”

Plymouth Argyle injury news

Antoni Sarcevic is out with a groin problem, but started full time training.
Taylor was add to the list
Moses Makasi makes it onto the list
Striker Simon Church because of his hip injury will miss the rest of the season.

Match Facts

Plymouth have won 9 of their last 11 matches
Northampton have been losing at both half time and full time in their last 4 matches of the last 5
Northampton have failed to score in their last 4 matches of the last 5
Northampton have lost their last 4 matches out of the last 5
Plymouth have won 6 of their last 7 matches against Northampton in all competitions.
Plymouth have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 6 matches against Northampton in all competitions.
Plymouth have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches against Northampton in all competitions.
Northampton have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Plymouth's last 3 away games
Plymouth have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Northampton in all competitions.

All info taken from the web

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 am

With all that information in Argyle's favour, we haven't a chance!

Northampton win! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm

3-1 to Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Injuries aside we should piss this, no other result acceptable.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Argyle 2-1
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Injury ravaged depleted Akkeron Argo don't stand a chance

Cobblers 4-0 Argo
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 am

I'ts bottom beats top time of the season - another 'big' game, three points vital for them and three points vital for us.
Simple as.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 am

Cobblers 3 Argo 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 11:06 am

Shorely this should be a comfortable victory. Lose today without Taylor and it's goodbye £6 million, Brent. That will soften the blow nicely. Happy days cat
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 am

Score draw, to keep us all guessing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 12:02 pm

A scrappy 0-1 to Argo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 pm

2-0 Argyle. Grant will score Cool
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Plymouth should walk this one.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Even with a few injury’s they should still win this one but typical Argo they will make hard work of it watch
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Hate to say it but I can Northampton winning this one 1-0.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:48 pm

raised eyebrow Are you Throbber in disguise? The sick making sychophant is getting his excuses in early and making it very clear that with our massive squad Taylor being out has FOOK all to do with the result.

"Well I don't think it matters who plays, this has all the tell tale bucket of banana skin omens for being one of them there 'typical Argo' results.

I don't predict defeats for Argyle every week, I just do it on the games where history tells us we fall flat on our faces. So don't please lump me in with Sam and Balham... although I will style it thus...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NB - I will be highly delighted to be wrong because using my logarithmic method this game will be tougher to win than Posh and Pompey."

Wanker.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Not great so far
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
raised eyebrow Are you Throbber in disguise? The sick making sychophant is getting his excuses in early and making it very clear that with our massive squad Taylor being out has FOOK all to do with the result.

"Well I don't think it matters who plays, this has all the tell tale bucket of banana skin omens for being one of them there 'typical Argo' results.

I don't predict defeats for Argyle every week, I just do it on the games where history tells us we fall flat on our faces. So don't please lump me in with Sam and Balham... although I will style it thus...

NB - I will be highly delighted to be wrong because using my logarithmic method this game will be tougher to win than Posh and Pompey."

Wanker.

I think it does matter who plays and who does not. Taylor not playing is a massive blow. Makasi's departure is a bit of a blow. Patton's inclusion not much of a boost and the evidence from last week is that Grant simply isn't up to it (or us up to him).

The squad is obviously paper thin and very stretched at present and Cobblers are scrapping for their lives.

I haven't heard anything yet via commentary to allay my fears.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Sounds like we are getting battered
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:46 pm

There ya go Brent ya tight c*nt.

Top January transfer window, couple of injuries and watch us choke
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Wanker.

I think it does matter who plays and who does not. Taylor not playing is a massive blow. Makasi's departure is a bit of a blow. Patton's inclusion not much of a boost and the evidence from last week is that Grant simply isn't up to it (or us up to him).

The squad is obviously paper thin and very stretched at present and Cobblers are scrapping for their lives.

I haven't heard anything yet via commentary to allay my fears.

Yes I know I was only joshing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
There ya go Brent ya tight c*nt.

Top January transfer window, couple of injuries and watch us choke

Never mind we have a bench full of stars waiting to make a name for themselves. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Cobblers 1 Akkerons 0
You really don't want to play a relegation team at this stage of the season.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Cobblers 2 Argyle 0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Its amazing how shit we turn when ONE player is missing. Yet again a shit budget results in a weak squad beyond the starting 11.

Playoffs where never on the agenda this season but i think its safe to say No Taylor No Party where this season is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northampton game & Prediction   Northampton game & Prediction Empty

Back to top Go down

Northampton game & Prediction
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next