Freathy
PlymptonPilgrim
Charlie Wood
tcm
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Signings ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:02 pm

more reason for optimism...not

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Not really for me.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Joe Lennox and Ollie Chenoweth confirmed in addition to Feeney.

Lennox a definete one for the future I reckon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Bradford in for Andy Gray from Barnsley, and Andrew Davies from Stoke..looks like their going for it next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm

What? The Andy Gray late of Sky?

They must be desperate!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Cerbera wrote:
What? The Andy Gray late of Sky?

They must be desperate!

Very Happy

Even at his age I'd take him over Feeney any day.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Feeney and Chadwick are players labelled as "they try hard" unfortunately they've got little talent and are shit. If we want to progress we need to bin the triers and get someone half decent.

We're not going to have a large squad with many strikers and with Chadders and feeney occupying two berths, our attack is already looking poor.

West Ham and Bournemouth do not base their footballing principles on over the hill, never was beens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Well without quality and with players like Chadwick, Feeney,Williams, Walton, Wotton, Purse, even with the odd bit of talent like Young and potentially Hemmings or someone similar i can only see us being a bottom half team next season, we will end up signing dross that no-one else wants yet again which only re-enforces our bottom half credentials.
Fletchers tactics are too shit to see us take the game to an opponent, and even if we did any half decent team will rip us to shreds as we don't have the right quality or strength in depth to maintain a successful balance between defence and attack. Not enough pressure is being put on JB to reveal his true intentions for the club, the "puppet" leaders that were given laughable positions of power seem to have been put put in place to appease or tell the fans everything is "hunky dory" when in actual fact things the only think "hunky dory" will be JB wallet.
I have my reservations big time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:22 pm

That's exactly how I see it Punchy. It's already not looking good.
I would go so far as to say the Fletcher/contingency bunch will dominate for a couple of seasons now to no good effect as they pull in their favours ... and those that want to see paint dry will have their way. Not that Jamesyboy will be that bothered ... he wouldn't even know the difference... but then he's not risking anything, is he ? A perfect marriage. A clean profitable build without the dirt of football to get in the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:09 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Well without quality and with players like Chadwick, Feeney,Williams, Walton, Wotton, Purse, even with the odd bit of talent like Young and potentially Hemmings or someone similar i can only see us being a bottom half team next season, we will end up signing dross that no-one else wants yet again which only re-enforces our bottom half credentials.
Fletchers tactics are too shit to see us take the game to an opponent, and even if we did any half decent team will rip us to shreds as we don't have the right quality or strength in depth to maintain a successful balance between defence and attack. Not enough pressure is being put on JB to reveal his true intentions for the club, the "puppet" leaders that were given laughable positions of power seem to have been put put in place to appease or tell the fans everything is "hunky dory" when in actual fact things the only think "hunky dory" will be JB wallet.
Punchdrunk....I get the impression that you dont think we'll be going for it then.I'm beginning to feel the same if we have to rely on Warren Feeney or sicknote Chadwick for our goals.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Just read the official PAFC link as stated by Punchdrunk, and read Rick Cowdreys blurb on Feeney - made 30 appearances for Argyle last season and scored 3 times. Must say I'm feeling completely underwhelmed by Feeney signing - the clue is in the stats.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Like I said - bottom of L2 for the long haul

BRENT OUT NOW
FLETCHER AND HIS USELESS MENTOR OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Our club has always struggled to attract players even when we were up in the dizzy heights of the Championship. It's a well known, and well debated issue with our location, proximity (or lack of) to fashionable cities etc. WAGS do not want to come to Plymouth. I suspect many don't even know where it is.

Now, throw into the mix a club with our recent history, an inexperienced, unproven manager and coaching team, and it's no wonder we will be forced into picking up the scrapings from the bottom of the footballing barrel.

The only players we are likely to attract on contract terms (as opposed to loanees) are those looking to finish off their playing days and retire to the beautiful Devon and Cornwall countryside, or those who are desperate (and rubbish).

Feeney, Chadwick, Wotton, Purse.....experienced? Undoubtably. Talented? Maybe once upon a time. Inspiring signings/extensions for the fanbase? No.

The first step to attracting quality players is to show real ambition.

Come to Argyle and join something big. Be part of the clubs meteoric rise up the leagues. You'll be the feature game on every football league programme on TV. Journalists will be flocking to speak to you, the manager has a track record for success, is well known, with a quality coaching staff who will improve your game. This is the place to be.

The above paragraph just doesn't sound like Argyle does it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm

SirCumfrance wrote:
Our club has always struggled to attract players even when we were up in the dizzy heights of the Championship. It's a well known, and well debated issue with our location, proximity (or lack of) to fashionable cities etc. WAGS do not want to come to Plymouth. I suspect many don't even know where it is.

Now, throw into the mix a club with our recent history, an inexperienced, unproven manager and coaching team, and it's no wonder we will be forced into picking up the scrapings from the bottom of the footballing barrel.

The only players we are likely to attract on contract terms (as opposed to loanees) are those looking to finish off their playing days and retire to the beautiful Devon and Cornwall countryside, or those who are desperate (and rubbish).

Feeney, Chadwick, Wotton, Purse.....experienced? Undoubtably. Talented? Maybe once upon a time. Inspiring signings/extensions for the fanbase? No.

Come to Argyle and join something big. Be part of the clubs meteoric rise up the leagues. You'll be the feature game on every football league programme on TV. Journalists will be flocking to speak to you, the manager has a track record for success, is well known, with a quality coaching staff who will improve your game. This is the place to be.

Exxxxxxxxxxactly!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:24 pm

SirCumfrance wrote:

Don't actually agree that Argyle have always struggled to find players in the lower leagues.Argyle have always been a decent attraction for players and managers alike when they paid a competitive wage and our record proves it-two promotions from this division,six from the next one up.At CCC level i would agree that the club has always struggled to find the necessary finance to attract the right standard of players,especially since the abolition of the maximum wage,but it shouldn't be much of a problem in this league.I get the gist of what you're saying though and indeed it is up to the club to show that it means business and attract the quality players that Larrieu,Purse and Fletcher have openly stated are needed for progress to be made.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Maybe there is another clue in that the two teams already automatically promoted - Swindon and Crawley have both consistently played attacking football in a well organised formation. And both teams had plenty of scoring/striking options, bingo!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm

There's no need to panic.

I'm sure Brent will be organising a delegation to go to the Ukraine and Georgia over the next month to look at transfer targets.

Some of those waiters who have a kick about in the afternoons could make the grade in League 2-and they wouldn't mind waiting a few years to get paid either.
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:
There's no need to panic.

I'm sure Brent will be organising a delegation to go to the Ukraine and Georgia over the next month to look at transfer targets.

Some of those waiters who have a kick about in the afternoons could make the grade in League 2-and they wouldn't mind waiting a few years to get paid either.

And if they get injured, or fall out of favour, they can do a job serving the freeloaders guests in the Directors box.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:16 am

Distinctly underwhelmed too if Feeney is the benchmark for new signings for next season. If he plays 40 games we can expect 4 goals approximately. If Chadwick is fit to play 24 games that might be a shade optimistic and we can expect about 8 goals from him. We have to do better and I hope we will. We ain't gonna mount a serious promotion challenge without 2 better strikers than this pair for a start.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:37 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Football contracts traditionally end on June 30th. So there is unlikely to be much activity before then. Even players who get released are going to be paid up until the end of June, and the ones that are any good (e.g. McLeod) are going to have a few clubs after them and so are unlikely to make a decision as to who to sign for until end of June at the earliest. Furthermore it's probably best in most cases to wait to see what else becomes available - no use signing some players early, only to find that better ones become available a few weeks later.

After the Euros will be the time when the majority of transfer activity will start to happen. Lets not start fretting now.

The Fletcher contract delay is, as someone else has already said, almost certainly due to Brent playing hard-ball with salary/contract negotiations. That's fine as long as Brent has someone to take Fletcher's place lined up should a deal not be done.

And then the mad dash to get players in begins.

Regarding Fletcher,i know some who want him to stay,and others who don't.

Personally speaking,i'd have been keen on a new manager for the 2012-13 season,but if it is to be Fletcher again,then so be it. We could struggle again ,although not as bad as the season just gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:33 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Football contracts traditionally end on June 30th. So there is unlikely to be much activity before then. Even players who get released are going to be paid up until the end of June, and the ones that are any good (e.g. McLeod) are going to have a few clubs after them and so are unlikely to make a decision as to who to sign for until end of June at the earliest. Furthermore it's probably best in most cases to wait to see what else becomes available - no use signing some players early, only to find that better ones become available a few weeks later.

After the Euros will be the time when the majority of transfer activity will start to happen. Lets not start fretting now.

The Fletcher contract delay is, as someone else has already said, almost certainly due to Brent playing hard-ball with salary/contract negotiations. That's fine as long as Brent has someone to take Fletcher's place lined up should a deal not be done.

And then the mad dash to get players in begins.

Regarding Fletcher,i know some who want him to stay,and others who don't.

Personally speaking,i'd have been keen on a new manager for the 2012-13 season,but if it is to be Fletcher again,then so be it. We could struggle again ,although not as bad as the season just gone.

This just about sums it up for me too. If it is to be Fletcher though we could do with that being sealed quickly before any half decent players on the market have been snapped up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:36 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

punchdrunk.......you do seem to be punchdrunk with gloom already....the old season has only just finished.....at least wait until we have a manager sign up for next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:37 pm

ZYPH wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

punchdrunk.......you do seem to be punchdrunk with gloom already....the old season has only just finished.....at least wait until we have a manager sign up for next season.

But that's my point, this manager business is taking way too long, if Fletcher wont sign a contract then transfer list him or just feck him off back into the squad, find a manager that does want to be here for the right money and then crack on with the player hunting etc.
Nearly every season we are always one of the last clubs to get our ship in order and consequently we always end up with the gash, a club like ours should be attracting the best players available in a poxy division like this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:12 pm

There's not a lot of wriggle room though to get new players in,is there?We already have 17 players under contract for next season,plus another 5 considering the offers that the club has made.That could make 22 players potentially on board.So squad size we are up to strength before any newbies arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:22 pm

It's all too obvious how we are going into next season, as we finished the last one, backs to the wall boys' it ain't going to be pretty but i think the pres may have another great escape to add to his list. Very Happy I have been warning about this ever since the start of last season, if we do not show a little ambition, and I don't mean Feeno (who I actually think is a good player who could score us some goals given a chance) but if the fanbase don't see a decent signing or two the fv are going to have to get some bigger speakers to create any atmosphere in the HP library.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Signings ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next