Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The u and l keys not working on my laptop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The u and l keys not working on my laptop Empty
PostSubject: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Serios qestion, for no apparent reason other than my itte boy has been paying on the aptop earier, the and keys have sddeny stopped woking. If I press caps lock and shift together and hit the u or l keys, they work. ActaULLy If I just press shift and the letter key it works but in upper case. I'ts ony a mild irritation I suppose, but when you are used to typing quickly without looking at the screen it is very annoying. Because they work if I use the shift key, I can't believe it is a problem with the keys themselves.

Anyone have any ideas what he may have done to make this happen? Or how to fix it?

Edited to add, the fact that it is only these two keys, and that they cod stand for upper and lower case, does this help anyone with any sggestions for a remedy?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Serios qestion, for no apparent reason other than my itte boy has been paying on the aptop earier, the and keys have sddeny stopped woking. If I press caps lock and shift together and hit the u or l keys, they work. ActaULLy If I just press shift and the letter key it works but in upper case. I'ts ony a mild irritation I suppose, but when you are used to typing quickly without looking at the screen it is very annoying. Because they work if I use the shift key, I can't believe it is a problem with the keys themselves.

Anyone have any ideas what he may have done to make this happen? Or how to fix it?

Edited to add, the fact that it is only these two keys, and that they cod stand for upper and lower case, does this help anyone with any sggestions for a remedy?

lol!

Ask Rapson ! I expect Tring or Ricker did it lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Gt it lookd at and fixd. Thn mak sur your boy dosn't touch it again.

I hav larnt th hard way but still th kids us my computr! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks for the ridicos advice Mody.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

No problm Grnjock, wait till he spills juic all over the kyboard, it is a mar! My boy wnt into the computr sttings whn h was 2 and I spnt ovr an hour sorting it out bcause h changd vrything including having the scrn upsid down.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks for the sympathy, bt a bit seess reay, what I need is some advice on how to reverse what he has done. I thoght my e-mai accont and Facebook had been hacked so I changed the passwords, ony to reaise that it was me speing incorrecty de to not having a or an key!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm going to try and Googe it, see if it's a common probem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Try an on-screen keyboard jock, not sure how effective the ones you can download free are but I use one all the time which was already installed on the computer when I bought it. It would avoid those sticky fingers and mishaps lol!
http://portableapps.com/apps/accessibility/on-screen_keyboard_portable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Have you tried switching it off and then switching it back on again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Peggy wrote:

That was my first port of call, it usually solves everything but not this time. Than God for geeks who post advice on forums! He had switched the Narrator on and I've just spent half an hour running through various suggestions before finally getting there. The Laptop is being put on a high shelf from now on Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Peggy wrote:

That was my first port of call, it usually solves everything but not this time. Than God for geeks who post advice on forums! He had switched the Narrator on and I've just spent half an hour running through various suggestions before finally getting there. The Laptop is being put on a high shelf from now on Evil or Very Mad

cheers lol!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:21 am

I thoght yo were having a lagh !
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Just take mp hammer to it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The u and l keys not working on my laptop   The u and l keys not working on my laptop Empty

Back to top Go down

The u and l keys not working on my laptop
Page 1 of 1