Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offer the job to Gary Megson james.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Offer the job to Gary Megson james. Empty
PostSubject: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Fletcher is average and thats being kind, if we want to show intent next season get on the phone to megson, with the right budget he can get the players in to get us out the fouth division quickley, the football wont be pretty but we will win a lot more games than with fletcher in charge, he did keep us up but he only had to beat to truly shite teams to do it ,go on james try for megson.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Doubt Megson would come here. He's probably waiting for a Championship job to come up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Megson a knob,feck Forest right up.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:46 pm

downthetrack wrote:

As a City fan you better hope we get him then.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't really dislike Plymouth pete.over the last 35 years been to Home Park about 150 times.I fallow all Devon sport
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:10 pm

downthetrack wrote:

Without the reference to Forest, I was about to post very similar. I'd rather have Fletcher. He did the job he needed to do now let's see if he can do the next bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Knecht.. you like watching attritional footy then cause thats all you'll get with Fletcher
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:31 pm

oddball wrote:
Knecht.. you like watching attritional footy then cause thats all you'll get with Fletcher

I think it's too early to tell. He did what he had to do last season. One point from the first 9 games, a demoralised and adolescent squad and no real money to spend is hardly a good starting point. I'd give him a while to see what he can achieve with a freer hand. The first step is to see what signings are brought in over the summer. The next is to see the first handful of matches. Then we can tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Id take megson in a flash, over the boring monotone, binary crap served up under fletcher
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Megson any day obviously!!

Won't happen though. Brent and the avivas think finishing 88th in the football league is a brilliant achievement by fletcher and want more of the same next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Given the usual crap being "debated" on most threads on here tonight again it is almost a breath of fresh air to hear from you Freathy.

Can I ask you a question. Given where we were when Fletcher took over, and allowing for the fact that he had nothing more to work with than Reid for a number of matches after, do you think that achieving football status at the end of last season was a failure?

I don't think anyone was happy that Argyle had to struggle last season and most if not all would have prefered being at the other end of the table. For me it was a relief that we stayed up more than anything and I can forgive the way it was achieved as being needs must. None of us know who will join the club or leave in the closed season so to judge what will or won't happen in the future is somewhat difficult. At best it can only be guess work. Fletcher has said he only played that way to achieve avoiding the drop. We will soon see if it has changed after a couple of games next season and if it hasn't then surely that is the time to air the grievances rather than before any activity has taken place. I don't even see the above as green tinted either but just realism.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Given where we were when Fletcher took over, and allowing for the fact that he had nothing more to work with than Reid for a number of matches after, do you think that achieving football status at the end of last season was a failure?

Finishing where we did was a disgraceful miserable failure. Fletcher should have been immediately sacked after the final whistle v cheltenham.

We're shit and I'm sick of it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Come on freaths be fair, fletch did keep us out of the bottom ninety!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offer the job to Gary Megson james.   Offer the job to Gary Megson james. Empty

Back to top Go down

Offer the job to Gary Megson james.
Page 1 of 1