+3
Lord Tisdale
Flat_Track_Bully
Han Solos Other Ship
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am

A piece in the 'erald today about how Gary Owers is pleased to be working with the first team. To be honest I didn't know he was working with the youth team before.

Another nail in the coffin for me with regards to Fletcher and the all round management of the football club that we had a man at the club who has experience of league two, has been a first team coach for Bristol City and has played at the highest level yet the first team had a French goalkeeper (albeit a club legend) and a non league farmer coaching them Rolling Eyes

Owers himself hints at something with his "water under the bridge comment"

'Erald
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am

I couldn't believe it when I read that. To think that we had an experienced coach there all along whilst clueless was outwitted each week by footballing powerhouses Wcycombe and Port Vale is laughable
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 am

I think it's clear that the running of PAFC under Brent has pretty much been a shambles, either due to Brent's incompetence or disinterest. Fletcher isn't really to blame, he was only trying his best in the circumstances. Brent is really the one at fault for not getting some proper leadership on the football side of things quicker.

It looks like with the appointment of a football director (more than a year after Brent took over the club!) and withthe subsequent appointment of Sheridan, that the deep-seated problems at the club are now coming to light and are (hopefully) going to be dealt with. Lets just hope it's in time to save us from relegation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 am

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
I couldn't believe it when I read that. To think that we had an experienced coach there all along whilst clueless was outwitted each week by footballing powerhouses Wcycombe and Port Vale is laughable

There's that ol' Billy Big Blocks syndrome coming out again, Port Vale ?

The Valiants have a very similar historical level of achievement to you losers, a couple of 3rd Division wins, in fact they have attained a higher league finish and a bigger record crowd despite being in the shadow of near neighbours Stoke for their entire history.
Back to top Go down

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

Couldn't agree more with FTB, although I was calling for Fletch to go a long time ago I don't dislike him, you could see how much it meant to him when he was sacked, however clubs like ours don't have room for sentiment, what's more I really don't think Brent has any sentiment at all, we all saw it for what it was, a cheap quick fix.
Back to top Go down

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:

The Valiants have a very similar historical level of achievement to you losers, a couple of 3rd Division wins, in fact they have attained a higher league finish and a bigger record crowd despite being in the shadow of near neighbours Stoke for their entire history.

That will change though, we are a sleeping giant, a fookin massive sleeping giant with huge potential, and huge great hairy bollocks, Vale are always going to be kept back by having loads of prem. clubs around them, we only have your lot up the road, RRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 am

We are bigger than you though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

Iggy wrote:

That will change though, we are a sleeping giant, a fookin massive sleeping giant with huge potential, and huge great hairy bollocks, Vale are always going to be kept back by having loads of prem. clubs around them, we only have your lot up the road, RRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you couldn't manage it when you had the whole of Devon Cornwall and Zummerzet to chose from and to draw support not even when you had decent managers and a Board that was just slightly interested in winning football matches.

That doesn't mean of course that you are from now on to be stuck in mediocre hell with us and the Turks, but from the tone of your post I am suspecting that you are beginning to see the truth that none but I have been prepared to whisper on these as yet unhallowed tomes.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 am

FWIW The Championship is a very, very very long way away sadly
Back to top Go down

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Well you couldn't manage it when you had the whole of Devon Cornwall and Zummerzet to chose from and to draw support not even when you had decent managers and a Board that was just slightly interested in winning football matches.

That doesn't mean of course that you are from now on to be stuck in mediocre hell with us and the Turks, but from the tone of your post I am suspecting that you are beginning to see the truth that none but I have been prepared to whisper on these as yet unhallowed tomes.

All hail the mighty prophet Tidsdale with his Tring like abilities for stating the feckin obvious (sorry Tring lol! ) Resurgam, RRRRRROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rise

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

24 feet be puddlenuts in giant land.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 pm

We are bigger than you though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Certainly a bigger clusterfook, though not for want of us trying.

"24 feet be puddlenuts in giant land."

Now that is what I call insight.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Aye no argument there tbf [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lloyd_down_under

lloyd_down_under

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Going back to the original point, Owers was in fairness brought in by Hodges specifically to work with the youngsters as part of our application for Level 3 Academy status (which requires x number of coaches to players).

It was a surprise, perhaps, that someone of his qualification was operating at youth team level while less experienced staff were with the first team. But I personally think this was down to circumstance more than anything, rather than pig-headedness or incompetence / disinterest.

Not sure whether anyone's taken his place now, or whether his is now a dual role until the end of the season.
Back to top Go down

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Incompetence & amateur management.......why were the youngsters doing quite well....because Fletcher hadn't put two & two together and come up with the right answer,..... that they might be getting better coaching than the league side.

I nearly said first team.....then I remembered we haven't got a second team.

Why did it go on for so long before Fletcher was shown the door.
Back to top Go down

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 pm

lloyd_down_under wrote:
Going back to the original point, Owers was in fairness brought in by Hodges specifically to work with the youngsters as part of our application for Level 3 Academy status (which requires x number of coaches to players).

It was a surprise, perhaps, that someone of his qualification was operating at youth team level while less experienced staff were with the first team. But I personally think this was down to circumstance more than anything, rather than pig-headedness or incompetence / disinterest.

Not sure whether anyone's taken his place now, or whether his is now a dual role until the end of the season.

I reckon he is in a dual role at least till the end of the season when i gather John Sheridan will start to take stock of his backroom staff aswell as the playing staff and the cub can hire a replacement for Owers should he be made a permanent feature to JS's team.

Back to top Go down

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm

It was probably down to the great useless one (Fletcher) not wanting anyone of experience and knowledge tredding on his toes..hence the reason Nancekevill was running the show in training
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Could be a lot of truth in that Punchy.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

I was mortified that the half time oakey cokey/morris dance had disappeared last time out. I want it back. Sheridan Out.

Steve

Sheridan In
Sheridan shake it all about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gary Owers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Owers   Gary Owers Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Owers
Page 1 of 1