merseygull
shonbo
Freathy
seadog
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Exeter relegated - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:14 am

The Red Star wrote:
Yes, City were relegated from League 1, yet we can still pay the staff and HMRC bill

That will cushion the blow of relegation for you then. Safe in the knowledge hmrc are having an end of season party at your expense!

You don't need to kid on to us mate, relegation sucks and we should know.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 am

This division is so shit I couldn't even face going to matches. Next season it will be even worse. Fleetwood FFS! The fact that we're playing fleetwood in the league should make every player and everyone connected with Argo hang their heads in shame. Get us out of this shit divison brent or f*** off Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 am

Cerbera wrote:
In the words of Peters and Lee......Welcome Home, Weeeeeeeelcome.

Google it, youngsters!!! Laughing

You are showing your age Cerbs! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Freathy wrote:
This division is so shit I couldn't even face going to matches. Next season it will be even worse. Fleetwood FFS! The fact that we're playing fleetwood in the league should make every player and everyone connected with Argo hang their heads in shame. Get us out of this shit divison brent or f*** off Evil or Very Mad

You're an interesting person Freathy I'll give you that .

What I think you want is for some "sugar daddy " to come along and pour lots and lots of cash into Argyle and make everything all nice and cosy for you.
You'll have a nice subsidised Club that "sugar daddy " has set up for you and then you'll turn up and watch again .

You do come over as having some sort of spoilt child syndrome who can't cope with adversity and wants someone to sort it all out for you and make you feel all lovely jubbly .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 pm

How bout what we had before your greedy chums sold all our best players. Did you enjoy the ride and trust in stapes right up until you were told it was ok not to like them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Bogsider wrote:
How bout what we had before your greedy chums sold all our best players. Did you enjoy the ride and trust in stapes right up until you were told it was ok not to like them

Is that addressed to me ? If it is you couldn't be further from the truth .
Care to explain ?

Edited to add - if you think the Old Board were "chums" of mine its laughable . I've never done corporate - I like to be just like any other ordinary fan and i have absolutely no desire to be in any priviledged position . A few people on here have met me and I think that they would back me up .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I didn't mean that you were REAL friends but perhaps one that was waving the flag for them back in the day. I don't mean to cause offence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Bogsider wrote:
I didn't mean that you were REAL friends but perhaps one that was waving the flag for them back in the day. I don't mean to cause offence.

Sure originally the Board did well . I think they were a lucky Board because of Sturrocks original stewardship . It was obvious that things were going wrong when Peter Jone , Nick Warren and Michael foot left .

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:32 pm

greengenes wrote:
Bogsider wrote:

Sure originally the Board did well . I think they were a lucky Board because of Sturrocks original stewardship . It was obvious that things were going wrong when Peter Jone , Nick Warren and Michael foot left .

....and yet we were still told to 'trust in Stapes' and anyone who didn't follow that particular party line was abused by those 'in the know' at that time.

Some of us tried to enlighten you but.....well, you know what happened then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:59 pm

This is a thread meant to demean Exeter City, the higher league club getting relegated to the depths, where Argyle are currently 4th from bottom. Argyle have stooped so low that the relegation of lil ole Exeter is now a big thing.

Can you please carry on with the digs at City and stop the pathetic in fighting. Your "massive" "Premiership Club in waiting" (joke) needs your support.

The major benefit in our relegation is that your dishonest President will be visiting City. If he dares show his face that is. His twitter comments show no class. Luckily his pic was widely shown on Newell flickr

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:09 pm

The Red Star wrote:
This is a thread meant to demean Exeter City, the higher league club getting relegated to the depths, where Argyle are currently 4th from bottom. Argyle have stooped so low that the relegation of lil ole Exeter is now a big thing.

Can you please carry on with the digs at City and stop the pathetic in fighting. Your "massive" "Premiership Club in waiting" (joke) needs your support.

The major benefit in our relegation is that your dishonest President will be visiting City. If he dares show his face that is. His twitter comments show no class. Luckily his pic was widely shown on Newell flickr

A word to the wise Red Star I have been informed by someone "in the know" nudge,nudge,wink,wink.. He will be wearing Pilgrim Petes costume for the trip to Sid James jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Bogsider wrote:

....and yet we were still told to 'trust in Stapes' and anyone who didn't follow that particular party line was abused by those 'in the know' at that time.

Some of us tried to enlighten you but.....well, you know what happened then.

Wrong again - I was a Consortium man .
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 am

The Red Star wrote:

Watch out Chris you'll have City's 'ardest replica shirt wearing freaks after ya lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol! bit sooner than they ever imagined.

Nah, just about exactly when some of us imagined, you boys are the ones with the Charlie Big Bollox syndrome, we expect little and are pleasantly pleased when we exceed that expectation, so many of you lot still think you are a Championship side in waiting.

Well wait on boys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol! bit sooner than they ever imagined.

Nah, just about exactly when some of us imagined, you boys are the ones with the Charlie Big Bollox syndrome, we expect little and are pleasantly pleased when we exceed that expectation, so many of you lot still think you are a Championship side in waiting.

Well wait on boys.

I'll have a sizable bet we make it before you do.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I'm sure it will slowly dawn on them that, far from being the biggest team in Devon, these days they're not even the biggest sports team in Exeter.

EXETER CITY, COME ON DOWN lol!

Oooooh, ooooooh, little bit of jealousy alert there I suspect.

Looks like the Chiefs will have to be happy with being the 5th best side in the country, the Rugby equivalent of the Spurs, Chelsea or Newcastle, ah, Newcastle.

"We are the Champions my friends".

We have never been the biggest team in Devon, but we have for a short but oh so satisfying period been the best.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
I'm sure it will slowly dawn on them that, far from being the biggest team in Devon, these days they're not even the biggest sports team in Exeter.

EXETER CITY, COME ON DOWN lol!

Oooooh, ooooooh, little bit of jealousy alert there I suspect.

Looks like the Chiefs will have to be happy with being the 5th best side in the country, the Rugby equivalent of the Spurs, Chelsea or Newcastle, ah, Newcastle.

"We are the Champions my friends".

We have never been the biggest team in Devon, but we have for a short but oh so satisfying period been the best.

You were in a better league than us, but you wernt actually better than us were you? You scraped through the jpt on penalties against our 16 year olds...

After we'd signed a few players you wouldnt have been able to beat us would you?

Exeter City the biggest bottlejob's in football lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Don't be waving your wad at me Jocky lad, we are having enough of Dr. Green and his Billy Big Bollox wad waving on Exeweb, it cuts no ice, your shiite and you know you are and no amount of false bravado gets you any Kudos among those of us that are happy to accept our place in the great scheme of things. The only reason you went where you did was because you mugged off hundreds of people for millions of pounds, now you are run by a money grubbing property developer that doesn't even like football, you ain't never going back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Don't be waving your wad at me Jocky lad, we are having enough of Dr. Green and his Billy Big Bollox wad waving on Exeweb, it cuts no ice, your shiite and you know you are and no amount of false bravado gets you any Kudos among those of us that are happy to accept our place in the great scheme of things. The only reason you went where you did was because you mugged off hundreds of people for millions of pounds, now you are run by a money grubbing property developer that doesn't even like football, you ain't never going back.

I take it that's a no then?

Ok just a small bet that we finish above you next season, loser donates to the winner's chosen charity? I'm confident that unless someone bankrolls you quickly, you're in for a struggle like we've just faced.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Freathy wrote:
This division is so shit I couldn't even face going to matches.

God you're a sad feck Freathy, there are some great days out to be had in the basement, far better than some of the antiseptic bowls and Meccano kit replicas of the 3rd, give me Dagenham over Colchester every time, Barnet over Orient, Luton over Macky Ds, Plymouth over Wycombe on Boxing Day, Aldershot and Wombledon knock spots off a trip to Meadow Lane or Preston.

I do kinda see your point in that you went to most of them tiny clubs and had your own arse handed to you, hey, maybe next season you might nick the odd result and not have to brick it all the way into April.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Ok just a small bet that we finish above you next season, loser donates to the winner's chosen charity? I'm confident that unless someone bankrolls you quickly, you're in for a struggle like we've just faced.

That's the spirit, big money gambling is for fools, show offs and bullies.

I'll have a pavorotti with you on straight league finishing position, I don't do charity though so yours will either get it from thee or me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Here is one Argyle supporter who is sorry to see Exeter relegated and will be chuffed for Torquay if they manage to go up. All Devon sides and the better all are doing then the better for the region as far as I'm concerned.

There is one simple fact in life however and this is not said with any notion of bigger bollox than anyone else either. There is simply only one of the three that has the potential to progress to the Championship or possibly (in a million years or so) the premiership and that is Argyle. The support base for both Exeter and Torquay would not sustain further advancement and it is yoyo time betweeen leagues one and two for both of you. Unless that fabled sugar daddy character turns up for one of us of course. That in my opinion is a realistic appraisal of the possible fortunes of the clubs without the "I hate..............(fill in the name)". I wish sincerely that ALL of the Devon clubs could be up there as it would do wonders for the area but alas I just can't see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

That's the spirit, big money gambling is for fools, show offs and bullies.

I'll have a pavorotti with you on straight league finishing position, I don't do charity though so yours will either get it from thee or me.

Ok that'll do me. It's a momentum thing. I reckon ours has finally turned, we could so easily have dropped 3 years in a row, and I can't see your lot bouncing back very quickly. I virtually shake your hand and the bet is on.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Ok that'll do me. It's a momentum thing. I reckon ours has finally turned, we could so easily have dropped 3 years in a row, and I can't see your lot bouncing back very quickly. I virtually shake your hand and the bet is on.

Now don't get me wrong, and without wishing to burst your balloon, but I think this little wager might well be the most interesting part of next season for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Now don't get me wrong, and without wishing to burst your balloon, but I think this little wager might well be the most interesting part of next season for both of us.

I'm with you on that one Lordy, can't see either of us finishing out of the bottom 8, your bet could come down to goal difference, just to keep the season, well season long, bless Wink

Oh and I told you all in Feb, who would be the bottom 4 in league 1, hope you all had a punt, you would have got very good odds tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter relegated   Exeter relegated - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter relegated
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2