HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Give youth a chance?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Give youth a chance? Empty
PostSubject: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Given that Saturday's fixture with Morecambe is pretty much meaningless for both teams, does anyone else think it would be worth Fletcher chucking a few of the youngsters in to see how they get on? Players like Daley, Lennox, Lecointe, Vassell, Copp and Harper-Penman have all got contract renewals due, and it might be worth giving them a run out in a league match when the result isn't really important. The young GK Chenoweth has been around the club on and off for a few years and hasn't got a game, might be worth giving him a go as well.

The final match against Cheltenham is also likely to be meaningless, so it might represent another opportunity to give out of contract players a chance to show what they can do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
ilovegreen

ilovegreen

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 pm

GK. Cole

RB. Berry
CB. Purse
CB. Nelson
LB. Baz

RM. Young/Lennox
CM. Wotton
CM. Blanchard
LM. Hemmings

ST. Chadwick/Fletcher
ST. Lecointe/Sims

Would like to see Copp on the bench to be given a chance in midfield at some point although I have heard he's been converted to a left back these days.

Don't think Harper-Penman or Daley will be here next year
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:54 am

I think we saw how good the youth were at the start of the season.

I wouldn't mind one or two of the more promising ones getting a game over the likes of Fletcher's dad, though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Seems like Fletcher thinks the same. I can't do links but there is an article on the Baggo saying that Chenoweth will be starting against Morecambe

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Got to give them some experience. Now the pressure is off they can play with sheer abandon. Smile Shocked

Pete - Can I change my match prediction?? study

Merv Plummer

Last edited by pafcineurope on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Don't agree. He should continue to play his strongest side and try to retain the momentum. The youngsters have pretty much all had league experience anyway when we had no choice and too much too soon for some of these might spoil them rather than bring them on. This is not a bunch of 17 year olds in the exceptional class they are average players starting out with masses to learn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Don't agree. He should continue to play his strongest side and try to retain the momentum. The youngsters have pretty much all had league experience anyway when we had no choice and too much too soon for some of these might spoil them rather than bring them on. This is not a bunch of 17 year olds in the exceptional class they are average players starting out with masses to learn.

What bust a gut defending for 90 minutes again? I would like to see a more expansive game-plan for the last 2 games, or at least give players like Soukouna a run out again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Change tactics by all means but not play the youth team is what I am saying. There are "older" players who could have a run out like you suggest but I didn't pay to watch the youth side even if I had to at the start of the season. Put one in maybe with a couple on the bench but not start them and they get dicked again. What's wrong with Nelson as CB with Purse and try Blanchard in the middle where he is supposed to belong.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Any 'momentum' we might pick up is going to be lost between the seasons anyway. And what better way to get some of the younger players some 'learning' then by giving them some first team experience when the pressure is off. Of course there is no point playing players that we've already decided to release, or stuffing the team full of youngsters, but its got to be worth playing one or two, and having another couple on the bench.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 pm

It's a chance to play without any pressure whoever plays. I think it would be worth playing a couple of the younger brigade for experience and for confidence. We're not the pushovers they were forced to play for at the start of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

By tradition, when the regular players are already booking their summer hols,now is a chance to give fringe players a chance.Try playing two wingers at home Fletcher,instead of a fullback in front of a fullback,Also playing all your strikers for forty five minutes each would make a pleasant change.Perhaps a cheeky bid for Izzy MaCleod as well.Need to sign some strikers that maybe fans have heard of if you want them memberships to fly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Don't agree regarding momentum either I'm afraid. Winning is a habit as is losing. Going away on a winning streak may well invoke a return and the same. I don't mind the odd youngster having a go but I object to buying a season ticket to watch the youth squad as said. I had to do that when the youth squad was pretty much our only squad and I've seen enough of that this season. Go for an attacking win is something I'd rather than sit through and experiment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

I want those lot to go out and try to take the game to an opponent instead of this defensive shite, prove they can play football and score goals....just for once Fletcher,
I prepare to be disappointed yet again
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

If we cannot give the youth a run out in games like these then when can we?
I hardly think 2 games at the end of a season is going to spoil them their progress or otherwise.
I think Fletch has got it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give youth a chance?   Give youth a chance? Empty

Back to top Go down

Give youth a chance?
Page 1 of 1