Rickler
akagreengull
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Westlife to Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WESTLIFE – the UK’s top selling album group of the 21st century – are coming to Home Park Stadium next year.

Westlife's spectacular 15-date Stadiums in the Summer Tour will see the global pop kings revisit the scene of their successful 2006 concert on Saturday, July 4, when they will perform all of their greatest hits, including ‘Swear It Again’, ‘Flying Without Wings’ and ‘You Raise Me Up’ as well as sensational up-tempo new songs from their forthcoming new album ‘Spectrum’.

The tour, which covers some of the biggest outdoor venues in the UK, will conclude with Westlife’s first-ever Wembley Stadium show on Saturday, August 22.

Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday, November 8 from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pre-sale tickets will go on sale at 9am on Tuesday, November 5 and can be accessed by pre-ordering Spectrum HERE

The Stadiums in the Summer announcement follows the phenomenal success of Westlife’s remarkable comeback and comes as the band prepares to release their brand new album ‘Spectrum’ on November 15, Westlife’s first album since 2010, HERE.

The Plymouth date is presented by live music promoters Cuffe and Taylor and follows the stunning success of this summer’s ‘Twenty Tour’ – Westlife’s fastest selling tour of all time.

“The reaction to our comeback tour was beyond anything any of us ever imagined so we’re going to do it all over again but this time in some of the largest outdoor venues in the UK. The shows are going to be incredible and will include all our greatest hits. We can’t wait to perform at Home Park,” say the band.

Speaking about the Stadiums in the Summer Tour coming to Home Park, Plymouth Argyle Chief Executive Andrew Parkinson said: “We are thrilled that Westlife are making a triumphant return to Home Park after their memorable concert in 2008.

“It is a pleasure for us to be hosting the eagerly-anticipated show by one of the most successful groups of all time in the UK as part of the city of Plymouth’s Mayflower 400 celebrations, and we are looking forward to welcoming everyone to the new Mayflower Grandstand.

“The grandstand, with its wide and varied hospitality offerings, will raise up Home Park as an events destination in the South West, and we are excited that Westlife have chosen to be part of this new era.”

Westlife have sold more than 55 million records worldwide and are the only band to have their first seven singles enter the UK chart at No.1. They also have the most singles of any artist to debut at No.1 in the UK.

Overall, the band have had an incredible 14 No.1 singles, behind only Elvis Presley and the Beatles. They have had 33 No.1 albums worldwide and as a live act have sold five million concert tickets worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 10:07 am

The Hallettmare continues.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am

Some people like that kinda thing. flower
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Why?  Who in their right mind - with the club financially strapped - would turn their back on the revenue this sort of thing brings in?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Not for me but if it brings £££ in .

Let's do it
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 pm

It'd be good if Argyle could tempt a more 'current' band to Home Park, rather than this type of regurgitated tripe 20 years past their best before date.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It'd be good if Argyle could tempt a more 'current' band to Home Park, rather than this type of regurgitated tripe 20 years past their best before date.

Czarky, In most cases, it's down to the "promoter" to match artist with venue. Argyle are supplying the venue and taking a cut of the bar.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Czarky, In most cases, it's down to the "promoter" to match artist with venue.  Argyle are supplying the venue and taking a cut of the bar.

True. To re-phrase, I wish Argyle could partner with a promotor that has links to artists that aren't on the wane.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Why?  Who in their right mind - with the club financially strapped - would turn their back on the revenue this sort of thing brings in?

You obviously missed my tongue literally bulging out of the side of my cheek. Great for the club and absolutely shite from a music lovers point of view. I'm not going to criticise the club taking the gig I hope it works out and all the middle aged women attending wet their knickers.
As a lover and supporter of live music in Plymouth and surrounds we are utterly despondent about the fare on offer here, the Hub has just closed and no plans in the magnificent Brenty Boulevard to replace it. Look at the Pigs Nose at East Prawle they reach out to bands and they support what is virtually a village hall with a crowd of a couple of hundred. I've seen Wishbone Ash, Blur, Richard chees grower from Blur, Lee Scratch Perry and recently Back Beat Sound System. We ned a promoter in Plymouth backed by the council funding a medium sized venue and we could have quality music in the Muff and rake in loads of money for the city as a whole. Anyway I'm rambling, I'm off to book some Westlife tickets just so I can laugh my tits of at Nool whilst he's Dad dancing whilst trying to give Hallett a wink and a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Tudor knocked down the White Rabbit and the Hub.

I saw the Hawklords at the Junction last night, great two hour long set of space rock.

Blands sells, Plymouth does bland, look at the chain food offerings that abound in places like the 'Barcode'

Westlife are ideal for bland Plymouth.

For the biggest example of the power of bland, the worlds biggest selling cheese is Kraft American cheese slices.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 pm

PatDunne wrote:

I saw the Hawklords at the Junction last night, great two hour long set of space rock.

Blands sells, Plymouth does bland, look at the chain food offerings that abound in places like the 'Barcode'

For the biggest example of the power of bland, the worlds biggest selling cheese is Kraft American cheese slices.  

Was thinking for some time of going to see the Lords last night, however after a tiring day at the MBA was pretty fecked so after another excellent meal at Toots and a few wines in the Roundabout headed back to the land of the mutants. Nice to hear it was a good gig, I'm slightly regretting now not catching the mighty Nik Turner.
Yep sad to say the Muff is somewhat of a cultural dessert these days, still would recommend the Cavern in Exeter, was up there last Saturday for a free gig saw two interesting bands. A mate of mine regularly gets the train up to the Cavern from Plimuff so it is quite practical as trains run fairly late back.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 10:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You obviously missed my tongue literally bulging out of the side of my cheek. Great for the club and absolutely shite from a music lovers point of view. I'm not going to criticise the club taking the gig I hope it works out and all the middle aged women attending wet their knickers.
As a lover and supporter of live music in Plymouth and surrounds we are utterly despondent about the fare on offer here, the Hub has just closed and no plans in the magnificent Brenty Boulevard to replace it. Look at the Pigs Nose at East Prawle they reach out to bands and they support what is virtually a village hall with a crowd of a couple of hundred. I've seen Wishbone Ash, Blur, Richard chees grower from Blur, Lee Scratch Perry and recently Back Beat Sound System. We ned a promoter in Plymouth backed by the council funding a medium sized venue and we could have quality music in the Muff and rake in loads of money for the city as a whole. Anyway I'm rambling, I'm off to book some Westlife tickets just so I can laugh my tits of at Nool whilst he's Dad dancing whilst trying to give Hallett a wink and a thumbs up.

lol! laugh
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 12:24 am

akagreengull wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Was thinking for some time of going to see the Lords last night, however after a tiring day at the MBA was pretty fecked so after another excellent meal at Toots and a few wines in the Roundabout headed back to the land of the mutants. Nice to hear it was a good gig, I'm slightly regretting now not catching the mighty Nik Turner.
Yep sad to say the Muff is somewhat of a cultural dessert these days, still would recommend the Cavern in Exeter, was up there last Saturday for a free gig saw two interesting bands. A mate of mine regularly gets the train up to the Cavern from Plimuff so it is quite practical as trains run fairly late back.

Nik couldn't make it. poor health sadly. 22.47 last train on a sat is what trainline website tells me, not suitable timing for uni gigs, i am up there in the new year for ahem 'Magnum'
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 9:33 am

Thanks for update Pat, on the Hawklords gig, weekdays last train to Muff is 2338 on current timetable.
Not sure about Magnum, rather have the ice cream version.lol.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Choose Your Tickets

Pitch Standing Ticket
£61.85 ea

Choose
Seated Ticket
£50.65 - £95.60 ea

Choose
Golden Circle Ticket
£95.60 ea

Choose
Club Argyle HospitalityClub Argyle Hospitality detailed description
£198.00 ea

Choose
Golden Circle UpgradeGolden Circle Upgrade detailed description
£137.50 ea

Choose
4* Jurys Inn Hotel + Golden Circle Package4* Jurys Inn Hotel + Golden Circle Package detailed description
£212.02 ea

Choose
Wheelchair Platform
£50.65 - £73.10 ea

Choose
Wheelchair Companion (only valid with paid Wheelchair ticket)
£0.00 ea
Wheelchair Companion (only valid with paid Wheelchair ticket) £0.00

Ambulant Ticket
£50.65 - £73.10 ea

Choose
Ambulant Companion (only valid with paid Ambulant ticket)
£0.00 ea
Ambulant Companion (only valid with paid Ambulant ticket) £0.00

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am

That's insane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 11:50 am

When's Metallica playing at Argo? Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Some big dosh for a somewhat has been band - not my cup a tea for certain!!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 3:18 pm

You couldn’t pay me enough to watch that bollox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Its pretty standard these days. What with the absolute pittance musicians get from streaming, the only way they can make any dollar is gigging. Recent Paul Weller tickets were best part of £50 and thats before the resale touts get their mits on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 3:32 pm

concerts arent a bad idea over the summer but i do wish they bring newer acts down here.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Angry wrote:
concerts arent a bad idea over the summer but i do wish they bring newer acts down here.
excatly...but the trouble is there starved of any decent entertainment down these parts so when any old shit plays down here they will sell out even more notable now with the birth of so many tribute acts down here in the south west now instead of the real stuff
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 4:21 pm

The excuse in Tavistock is that tribute bands are all that punters want to see despite the fact that whenever a decent act rocks up they sellout. The truth is that the owners like Tribute bands in effect it's like a club for them and their mates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westlife to Home Park   Westlife to Home Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Westlife to Home Park
Page 1 of 1