Freathy

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 6:57 pm

Strong sounding rumour on pasoti
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 6:58 pm

hope so
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:02 pm

Had to happen but fear it's too late, come on down Colin Wanker.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:02 pm

Get Warnock in for the last 6!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:05 pm

i just went on pasoti for the first time in a very very long time other than what happend to the layout on there its not as good as the old one they had   if nool is saying that i would think its got roots.

jelly and ice cream time hopefully and just get warnock in for now and start looking for a permanent replacement over time hopefully as a championship side but also league one too unfortunately. Right now Warnock will be ideal for what we need from him and thats keep us up.

Whoever it is it has to be right no more looking for a head coach get a manager in and this time actually back him with staff and transfer funds.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:08 pm

Should have been sacked after the Ipswich game
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:16 pm

I reckon it will be a desperate Warnock punt. But I’m not sure he’s got it any more. His last few appointments have flopped.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I reckon it will be a desperate Warnock punt. But I’m not sure he’s got it any more. His last few appointments have flopped.

for right now he would be ok for what we need and that's to stay up he did it last season with Huddersfield and they were in a worst state than us. But he's definitely not one for the job permanently. Much for the reasons you gave and his age too.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 pm

Has he been sacked officially yet or just rumour at the moment
Foster dewsnip both gotta go
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Has he been sacked officially yet or just rumour at the moment
Foster dewsnip both gotta go

Not announced by the club yet but he's gone
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:04 pm

Last time Warnock was Argyle, we lost his first six games.

I think Steve Bruce is a better bet as a firefighter

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:19 pm

No. Warnock is old and no doubt past his best when it comes to modern day coaching, but that's totally irrelevant in the short term 6 game timeframe. He's a name the players will be a bit in awe of, he will also know most of them footballing wise having watched many of our games and it's a war cry up and at em man that we need, he has all of that. Steve Bruce lol, may as well call Joe Bugnor.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:21 pm

im beginning to think this rumour isnt as sound as first thought despite the telegraph reporting it. I feel the club would have announced it by now if they have sacked him.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:33 pm

Could be that the Club want to announce the "done deal"  as in "Ian Foster has left the Club, Manager X will take over until the end of the season"

I agree with those who say Dewsnip's position needs to be looked at as well. As DoF he should have been aware SS was looking elsewhere and should have had a plan in place to replace ALL those who went to Stoke. Likewise with loan players, Dewsnip should have had a list of players we could get in (loan or perm) for each of the loanees we had-it didn't take a genius to see that Azaz could be leaving whether or not SS left. As it is, it looks like the only players we could get in on loan were those known to Foster.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 pm

Wonder if Foster's contract has a "break" clause, such as minimal compensation if Club falls into relegation zone (bottom 6) or no payoff if sacked in first 6 months.

I remember Man Utd sacked Moyes (not just PAFC who make bad appointments) as soon as it was impossible for them to have a top 4 finish.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:46 pm

Looks like this has some legs, any delay is likely to be down to compensation.

Shame for him, he's clearly a decent coach, but not the right fit for the club. We've gone backwards at a rate of knots.

Dewsnip and Nance to the end of the season, steer well clear of Warnock. Great in his day, but not now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:54 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Looks like this has some legs, any delay is likely to be down to compensation.

Shame for him, he's clearly a decent coach, but not the right fit for the club. We've gone backwards at a rate of knots.

Dewsnip and Nance to the end of the season, steer well clear of Warnock. Great in his day, but not now.

you and grovehill are probably right compensation is probably being discussed and the lawyer in me says foster is intitled to the full whack unless there are clauses in his contract that knockdown the pay off so i cant see him settling for much less than what hes owed and hes not going to be flushed with new job offers in club football beyond being a regular coach.  BTW grovehill moyes didnt have a clause and was paid of in full when utd sacked him staggered over a period of time as he had a 6 year contract.

after the crap they served up when they held temp charge of the team when schumacher left i would never allow those two to be in temp charge again in fact both are as clueless as foster. Plus Dewsnip should be shown the door also for pushing for fosters appointment. If not warnock then there has to be a manager out there we can bring in for 6 games that could keep us up. Warnock would only ever be a temp appointment thats enough for what we need i don't see us appointing a new boss till we know what league we are going to be in.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:28 pm

Chris Errinton saying the club is making no comment on reports of Foster's sacking. As others have said there will probably be an announcement on his departure combined with an announcement on an interim successor, probably tomorrow morning now. 100% he has been sacked.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:37 pm

Shame, not his fault he was out of his depth it's the boards.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 pm

Currently unemployed:

N Pearson
A Neal
M Beale
S Cooper
D Smith
S Bruce
P Heckingbottom
W Rooney

All have experience managing in the Championship.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 10:25 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Currently unemployed:

N Pearson
A Neal
M Beale
S Cooper
D Smith
S Bruce
P Heckingbottom
W Rooney

All have experience managing in the Championship.

Thought Smith had gone stateside? Would have been a decent call otherwise. Obviously Cooper would be the stand out in that group but out of range i would imagine.Pearson would be the only one who floats my boat out of the remainder.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 10:56 pm

It is confirmed he has been sacked. That’s the good news

Bad news dewsnip is in charge till the end of the season….  

I guess you can’t have everything can’t say that’s a great alternative either but it’s done so it’s time for the hard work from all to ensure we stay up.

6 cup finals to play in now and the board have to do a far better job with the next appointment and actually do some background checks and not just go by what’s on paper.  

Oh and hire a new director of football too while you’re at it.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:00 pm

Why have they backed themselves into a corner like this rather than waiting for a day or two to think about other possible successors? Utterly ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:13 pm

Finally official foster sacked unfortunately not dewsnip as well fook won’t change fosters the scapegoat for all off em dewsnip hallett the board they made the appointment now take responsibility for the whole shitfest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foster sacked??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Foster sacked???
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next