The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photo from 1978/79 George Foster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Photo from 1978/79 George Foster Empty
PostSubject: Photo from 1978/79 George Foster   Photo from 1978/79 George Foster EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 4:00 am

Pictured with the  the away travel club supporters. I cant see myself there so maybe a game I missed
Plenty of faces I know Carole Rowntree, Clive the programme seller, Marlene, Micheal, guy called John Pollard to the right of George Foster sadly died in 2011 same age as me
Loads of other faces I know without names and am 99% sure that my ex mother in law is right at the back poking her head over the top Lena Daw

Photo from 1978/79 George Foster Foddy10
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Photo from 1978/79 George Foster   Photo from 1978/79 George Foster EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 9:18 am

Used to work with John Pollard in the dockyard personnel department in the early 1980's,didn't know that he passed away-sad news.I took over Carole Rowntrees job in the same place after she moved to pastures new,she always was a keen Argyle supporter and her hubby i think was/is Dave Rowntree the photographer.As you say,so many familiar faces in that photo whose names are lost in the mists of time.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Photo from 1978/79 George Foster   Photo from 1978/79 George Foster EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 10:41 am

Greenskin wrote:
Used to work with John Pollard in the dockyard personnel department in the early 1980's,didn't know that he passed away-sad news.I took over Carole Rowntrees job in the same place after she moved to pastures new,she always was a keen Argyle supporter and her hubby i think was/is Dave Rowntree the photographer.As you say,so many familiar faces in that photo whose names are lost in the mists of time.

Yes you're right John did work in the personal department. When I left the yard to go into finance he dealt with my redundancy package in 1986.
Never woke up one morning in 2011 just like that. He was a year younger than me. Fanatical Gooner he was. Very say grew up with him through the Far Post and his dad Gill got me into Ivor Jones insurance to work who sponsored Argyle at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photo from 1978/79 George Foster   Photo from 1978/79 George Foster Empty

Back to top Go down

Photo from 1978/79 George Foster
Page 1 of 1