Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 QPR V ARGYLE

Go down 
+3
Greenskin
RegGreen
Tgwu
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 9:48 pm

not a good result for both teams to be fair but as we where down a man for most of the game i'm happy we got the point and kept a clean sheet but in no way am i celebrating that like some fans are. We need the 3 points given where QPR are and the teams around us catching up fast.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 9:52 pm

Very good point under the circumstances, need to cash in against Rovrum now and move into a comfortable mid table place before Wayne Rooney's Birmingham come to town-they had an excellent win tonight.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7055
Join date : 2011-05-12

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 10:09 pm

We are in trouble.   It's painfully clear from tonight we need a striker and a CB in January as Hardie has a penchant for endlessly missing gilt edge chances a striker at this level really should be putting away and Scarr is nowhere near the standard required.  But Simon 'property not players' Hallett has already told Schuey the wallett is staying firmly shut this January.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 11:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
We are in trouble.   It's painfully clear from tonight we need a striker and a CB in January as Hardie has a penchant for endlessly missing gilt edge chances a striker at this level really should be putting away and Scarr is nowhere near the standard required.  But Simon 'property not players' Hallett has already told Schuey the wallett is staying firmly shut this January.

Didn’t know you had Hallett’s ear
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7055
Join date : 2011-05-12

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 8:15 am

No but Schuey publicly said recently there's no budget for January. Misfiring Hardie's only competition is L2 standard Waine which means we're basically without a striker for the rest of the season. Bundu is a winger.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 9:31 am

Graiser wrote:
Brilliant defending excellent point, think we would have won with 11

Agree, agree and agree.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 11:05 am

Freathy wrote:
No but Schuey publicly said recently there's no budget for January.  Misfiring Hardie's only competition is L2 standard Waine which means we're basically without a striker for the rest of the season. Bundu is a winger.


Wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper sold next month (but not for the 8 figure fee some people think he's worth) and I suspect there'll be a few loans in and out.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5900
Join date : 2015-07-08

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Angry wrote:
im not sold on bundu as a striker i see him more of someone you bring on to replace whittaker or mumba than hardie.
use him as a target man up front his big & tall enough but I can’t see shuey playing 4 4 2 though
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 6:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:
No but Schuey publicly said recently there's no budget for January.  Misfiring Hardie's only competition is L2 standard Waine which means we're basically without a striker for the rest of the season. Bundu is a winger.


Wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper sold next month (but not for the 8 figure fee some people think he's worth) and I suspect there'll be a few loans in and out.

8 figures is a pipe dream cooper isnt an international or likely to be one unless he finds an irish, welsh or even a norweigen relative for example so he can be one in future. 7 is possible but any deal made for him will probably have clauses that if activated will ended up taking the transfer fee to that.

I dont see him being sold in january as i dont see it happening for a variety of reasons. The summer time will be the window he is sold in had he not have had that injury earlier this year he would have gone in the summertime i feel.

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
im not sold on bundu as a striker i see him more of someone you bring on to replace whittaker or mumba than hardie.
use him as a target man up front his big & tall enough but I can’t see shuey playing 4 4 2 though

he has the height but his shooting isnt great and hes no cosgrove with holding off players to lay someone up for a shoot.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14564
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 10:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QPR V ARGYLE   QPR V ARGYLE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
QPR V ARGYLE
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Plymouth Argyle Women's FC under Argyle Community Trust Umbrella
» The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)
» Argyle Life's Ultimate Argyle & League 1 Preview
» PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V AFC WIMBLEDON (Will it be a good Friday for Argyle)
» Free on Argyle TV | Argyle vs Swansea City

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: