Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden

Go down 
+5
Greenskin
RegGreen
Freathy
Hugh Midde
Angry
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 5:26 pm

Kaine Kesler-Hayden

nope never heard of him either


Last edited by Angry on Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 5:31 pm

wikipedia states he is a wingback from aston villa who was on loan at huddersfield last season but recalled halfway through as he wasnt playing much.   He too joins us on a season long loan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Argyle have signed Kaine Kesler-Hayden on a season-long loan.

The 20-year-old joins Argyle for the season from Aston Villa, and becomes the second acquisition of the summer, following the signing of Julio Pleguezuelo.

Kesler-Hayden is a wing-back who plays primarily on the right, who spent the first half of last season on loan at Huddersfield Town, for whom he played 14 times in the Sky Bet Championship last season.

Born in Birmingham, Kesler-Hayden has progressed through Aston Villa’s youth system. At 17, he was an unused substitute for a Premier League fixture against Everton, and went on to make his debut in unusual circumstances, in the Emirates FA Cup in January 2021.

The Villans’ first-team squad were forced to isolate because of Covid restrictions, so Kesler-Hayden was one of 16 debutants to play against Liverpool, with the Villa side made up entirely of youth and development players. A Liverpool side, containing the likes of Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Jordan Henderson, won the game 4-1.

At the end of that season, Kaine again faced Liverpool, but this time the game was an FA Youth Cup final, with Kesler-Hayden the Villa captain. Villa won 2-1, and Kesler-Hayden lifted the trophy, Villa’s first success in the competition for 20 years.

For the 2021/22 season, Kaine headed to Swindon Town on loan, in League Two. He played 21 times for the Robins and, although he was recalled in January of that season, he still won the Swindon Young Player of the Season award.

Upon recall, Villa quickly sent Kaine out on loan again, this time to League One, with Milton Keynes Dons. Kesler-Hayden played 17 times for MK, as they finished third in the table and lost out in the play-offs.

For last season, Kaine continued his rise through the divisions, and got valuable Championship experience with Huddersfield. He has also played for England Under-20s five times.

Argyle manager Steven Schumacher said: “I’m very pleased that Kaine has agreed to join us for the season. He has excellent pedigree, and great experience for his young age, including in the Championship. He will give us energy and versatility – I am really looking forward to working with him.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip added: “I am delighted that Kaine is coming on board at Argyle for the season. He is a player we are excited to recruit.

“Kaine fits the profile of similar loan players who we have brought to the club previously, and who have performed superbly in a green shirt. I am sure that Kaine will follow suit.”

The deal is subject to EFL approval.



Welcome to the club Kaine.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 999
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The Happy Isles where nobody grows old

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Kaine Kesler-Hayden

nope never heard of him either


Presumably one of many 'Premiership' loanees.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6980
Join date : 2011-05-12

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Clearly meant to be the like for like Bali Mumba replacement. Some Championship experience with 14 games on loan at Huddersfield last season. Lots of pace, trickery and skill according to his YouTube clips. Need to see some real experienced players brought in too. 2 down 7 to go.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 7:20 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Kaine Kesler-Hayden

nope never heard of him either


Presumably one of many 'Premiership' loanees.

its a safe bet to make that we will max out our loan quota this summer Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5858
Join date : 2015-07-08

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 7:34 pm

What im worried about are these players good enough for the championship..im not so sure doesn’t seem to have to much experience…
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 7:59 pm

RegGreen wrote:
What im worried about are these players good enough for the championship..im not so sure doesn’t seem to have to much experience…

Given we know our budget is the smallest in the league i would hope schuey looks to bring in experience on loan too we dont just sign kids on those terms.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6109
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm

He's played at HP before;


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook


Posts : 468
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 9:30 pm

None of us had heard of Mumba, Azaz or Whittaker either. Didn't do too bad
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 9:56 pm

Mook wrote:
None of us had heard of Mumba, Azaz or Whittaker either. Didn't do too bad

my comment was more tongue in cheek towards those who never heard of julio jannero yet claim hes the next bobby moore based on the fact he got released by arsenal and barcelona youth academies.

still not seen this guy play well i have done on second thoughts as i was there for the 5-0 hammering he was part off against franchise scum but i dont recall much about that game other than i left early after the 4th goal. hope he does well here naturally, i would rather we used the loan market to bring in experienced players which we will need and no doubt cant afford the transfer fees for those types of players where as we can raid lower leagues and aboard for prospects .
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5858
Join date : 2015-07-08

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 11:04 pm

Tbh I think both signings that with made up to yet have been a bit underwhelming both lack experience to and expected to be slung in which is a very very important season for the club as I said you can only luck it for so long law of averages I’d like to see a couple of more experienced signings to prove they are gunna be serious of staying in this league
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10219
Join date : 2011-10-23

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 7:47 am

The Spanish bloke turned down a new contract and European football with Twente, to come to us. Call me optimistic but that would appear to be Argyle punching well above their weight.

This young Villa kid is a bit of an unknown, although playing for Huddersfield in the Championship last year can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph


Posts : 13208
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 85

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 am

RegGreen wrote:
Tbh I think both signings that with made up to yet have been a bit underwhelming both lack experience to and expected to be slung in which is a very very important season for the club as I said you can only luck it for so long law of averages I’d like to see a couple of more experienced signings to prove they are gunna be serious of staying in this league



What is underwhelming about Julio Pleguezuelo stepping down from a top European league and representing his club in European competition..... to come and play in a second level league in England.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5858
Join date : 2015-07-08

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 2:11 pm

zyph wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Tbh I think both signings that with made up to yet have been a bit underwhelming both lack experience to and expected to be slung in which is a very very important season for the club as I said you can only luck it for so long law of averages I’d like to see a couple of more experienced signings to prove they are gunna be serious of staying in this league



What is underwhelming about Julio Pleguezuelo stepping down from a top European league and representing his club in European competition..... to come and play in a second level league in England.
the eredivisie is equivalent to league 1 bar Ajax let’s have that right
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 3:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The Spanish bloke turned down a new contract and European football with Twente, to come to us. Call me optimistic but that would appear to be Argyle punching well above their weight.

This young Villa kid is a bit of an unknown, although playing for Huddersfield in the Championship last year can only be a good thing.

Zyph put it well. dutch clubs outside ajax psv dont tend to be big money spends when it comes to wages so we are probably paying him more a week rendering europa league football not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2211
Join date : 2012-01-24

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 6:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Mook wrote:
None of us had heard of Mumba, Azaz or Whittaker either. Didn't do too bad

my comment was more tongue in cheek towards those who never heard of julio jannero yet claim hes the next bobby moore based on the fact he got released by arsenal and barcelona youth academies.

still not seen this guy play well i have done on second thoughts as i was there for the 5-0 hammering he was part off against franchise scum but i dont recall much about that game other than i left early after the 4th goal. hope he does well here naturally,  i would rather we used the loan market to bring in experienced players which we will need and no doubt cant afford the transfer fees for those types of players where as we can raid lower leagues and aboard for prospects .

But why would a Club loan out an experienced player? Would we loan out an experienced play to a Club further down the Leagues?

Player are loaned out to get experience or because they are surplus to requirements
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2754
Join date : 2021-12-06

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 6:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Mook wrote:
None of us had heard of Mumba, Azaz or Whittaker either. Didn't do too bad

my comment was more tongue in cheek towards those who never heard of julio jannero yet claim hes the next bobby moore based on the fact he got released by arsenal and barcelona youth academies.

still not seen this guy play well i have done on second thoughts as i was there for the 5-0 hammering he was part off against franchise scum but i dont recall much about that game other than i left early after the 4th goal. hope he does well here naturally,  i would rather we used the loan market to bring in experienced players which we will need and no doubt cant afford the transfer fees for those types of players where as we can raid lower leagues and aboard for prospects .

But why would a Club loan out an experienced player? Would we loan out an experienced play to a Club further down the Leagues?

Player are loaned out to get experience or because they are surplus to requirements

there are plenty of players with experience who would welcome a loan spell for regular first team football that could still offer a team alot but for whatever reason arent getting the games with their parent club.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10219
Join date : 2011-10-23

2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 7:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Mook wrote:
None of us had heard of Mumba, Azaz or Whittaker either. Didn't do too bad

my comment was more tongue in cheek towards those who never heard of julio jannero yet claim hes the next bobby moore based on the fact he got released by arsenal and barcelona youth academies.

still not seen this guy play well i have done on second thoughts as i was there for the 5-0 hammering he was part off against franchise scum but i dont recall much about that game other than i left early after the 4th goal. hope he does well here naturally,  i would rather we used the loan market to bring in experienced players which we will need and no doubt cant afford the transfer fees for those types of players where as we can raid lower leagues and aboard for prospects .

But why would a Club loan out an experienced player? Would we loan out an experienced play to a Club further down the Leagues?

Player are loaned out to get experience or because they are surplus to requirements

there are plenty of players with experience who would welcome a loan spell for regular first team football that could still offer a team alot but for whatever reason arent getting the games with their parent club.  

Grovey makes a fair point tbf. It doesn’t happen that often.

Argyle just need to try and replicate exactly what we did with the loan market last year. It’ll be difficult. But survival and consolidation have to be the aim for 23/24.

I still think Hallett will be having conversations with people regarding finance, moving forward. Everyone knows that to consolidate and then ultimately progress at this level, a higher level of finance will be required. And in real terms, nobody will know that more than Hallett.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden   2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden Empty

Back to top Go down
 
2nd summer signing is..... Kaine Kesler-Hayden
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Brendan Galloway, Mickel Miller, Kaine Kesler-Hayden and Macaulay Gillesphey
» The first new signing of summer James Wilson
» 7th signing of the summer is Brendan Galloway
» 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom
» Could Gary Miller be a summer signing ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: