Grovehill
Earwegoagain
PlymptonPilgrim
Jethro
mouldyoldgoat
9 posters
AuthorMessage

8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom Empty
PostSubject: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 am

Ryan Lowe has bolstered his midfield options for the 21/22 Sky Bet League One season with the signing of Ryan Broom on a season long loan from Peterborough United.

The 24-year-old midfielder began his professional career at Bristol Rovers, making his debut in a League Cup defeat to Birmingham City in 2015.

After a series of loan spells at Taunton Town, Bath City and Eastleigh, Broom made the permanent switch to Cheltenham Town in the summer of 2018.

It was at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium where Broom really made his name, scoring 10 goals in 73 league matches for The Robins – helping them reach the Sky Bet League One playoffs in 2019/2020.

His influence on the side was evident as he won three awards at the club’s end of season awards night, including being named Cheltenham’s player of the season.

The Welsh born midfielder joined Sky Bet League One side Peterborough United for an undisclosed fee in 2020, signing a three-year deal at the Weston Homes Stadium.

His first goal for Posh came in October when he scored in a 3-1 win over Swindon Town, in just his fourth league game for the club.

In January, Broom signed for fellow Sky Bet League One side Burton Albion on loan until the end of the 20/21 season, scoring two goals in 11 games for the Brewers.

One of those strikes was a 93rd minute equaliser at the Pirelli Stadium against Argyle, and it seems scoring last-minute equalisers became a specialty for Broom during his time at Burton, doing the same against Gillingham on the final home game of the season.

Ryan is the eighth signing made by manager Ryan Lowe this summer and will wear the number 7 shirt this season.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 am

Welcome to Argyle Ryan.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 11:28 am

Looks a good signing and definitely gives us options in midfield... wonder if he can pplay right wing back also?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 11:29 am

Not bad another step closer to being ready.
Just need a striker now
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 11:38 am

I am quite optimistic about the coming season. I think we will finish upper mid table.

Oh well that’s the mouldy kiss of death! Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 12:02 pm

He could be used as a sweeper

Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Excellent signing, this chap has a good pedigree
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 12:15 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
He could be used as a sweeper

Embarassed

His nickname could be Basil. outtahere

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 12:24 pm

I’ll have to brush up on my jokes rolllaugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 12:40 pm

Looks decent my main concern is a lack of goals if Jephcott doesn't start firing again.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 1:47 pm

I hope this loan signing doesn't mean Randell will get marginalised or sent out on loan
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 2:24 pm

I'd actually heard of this guy which is a rarity as an Argo fan, good player.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:03 pm

That seems to be a decent signing some one who knows league one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:08 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I hope this loan signing doesn't mean Randell will get marginalised or sent out on loan

nope cause he will be competing with houghton as the defensive midfielder
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:18 pm

Let's make the 9th a new manager
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:29 pm

Freathy wrote:
That wont happen till november, when we get knocked out of the fa cup by non league Diddly Rovers from the Diddly and District league. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
That wont happen till november, when we get knocked out of the fa cup by non league Diddly Rovers from the Diddly and District league. Laughing

FFS Suffs, you won’t turn to dust if you say Exeter! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm

looks an ok signing, just a bit concerned at whether Hardie, Ennis and Jephcott will come into a bit of form, despite what the usual couple of doomsters say, I think the team is balanced and motivated, feeling fairly positive about what I have seen so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 11:50 pm

akagreengull wrote:
looks an ok signing, just a bit concerned at whether Hardie, Ennis and Jephcott will come into a bit of form, despite what the usual couple of doomsters say, I think the team is balanced and motivated, feeling fairly positive about what I have seen so far.

regardless to whether they hit form or not we need to add another striker as having just 3 strikers is asking for trouble in terms of injuries, lack of form or suspensions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom   8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom Empty

Back to top Go down

8th Summer Signing is Ryan Broom
Page 1 of 1