Not coming back immediately by the look of it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That may change when Wagner finds out that he isn't a full back though
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 7:01 am

He was chatting up my Niece on the Barbican, night before last.
Back to top Go down

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 8:59 am

Greenskin wrote:
Not coming back immediately by the look of it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That may change when Wagner finds out that he isn't a full back though

He was never coming back here may aswell accept it now fans and not go on about it all summer like its the pafc tradition for its fans to pine after a loan player to comeback all summer long.

If not Norwich there will be more than a few other clubs who will be wanting his signature. If the board here had the money i would say we could stand a chance of signing him perm but its slim as it would mean breaking our transfer record (currently £500,000 we paid Cardiff for MacShit) and more and hallett has already said we wont be going mad.

Last edited by Angry on Tue May 09, 2023 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it was cardiff not Wednesday)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:18 am

Mumba, Whittaker and Azaz are the level of player needed for the Championship.  But mention signing any of these on a permanent basis and the stock response from most Argo fans will always be "but they're way out of our price range". If we can't afford these players or similar players then we may as well give up our place in the Championship now and let Sheffield Wednesday go up instead.
Back to top Go down

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:24 am

Freathy wrote:
Mumba, Whittaker and Azaz are the level of player needed for the Championship.  But mention signing any of these on a permanent basis and the stock response from most Argo fans will always be "but they're way out of our price range". If we can't afford these players or similar players then we may as well give up our place in the Championship now and let Sheffield Wednesday go up instead.

we dont know what the transfer budget is going to be and mumba will be attracting offers reaching the 7 figures as he is a young talent coming off a breakout season should norwich not want to keep him which i feel they will.

i fully expect a number of our summer signings like last year will be loan signings.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:32 am

The compliant fanbase are a gift for a board with tight purse strings, I think Angry should go and check the balance sheets, we are awash with cash, then we should all kick up just a bit of fuss and ask that our support is somewhat rewarded.
Lets face it if we can't afford to sign players that played for us in lge 1 how the fook will we survive in the CCC?
Back to top Go down

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:44 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
The compliant fanbase are a gift for a board with tight purse strings, I think Angry should go and check the balance sheets, we are awash with cash, then we should all kick up just a bit of fuss and ask that our support is somewhat rewarded.
Lets face it if we can't afford to sign players that played for us in lge 1 how the fook will we survive in the CCC?

take it up with the board, they are the ones you got to cry too over their transfer policies.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:56 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Bloke a few rows behind me in the Devonport end yesterday shouted "get yer wallet out Hallett" when the we want you to stay song was aired-wasn't you was it Ears?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 10:21 am

Mumba is on £18k a week at Norwich. The same salary Cosgrove is on at Brum. Whittaker however is on about a third of that at Swansea.

That gives a clear indication of the huge wage differential you can get in the Championship. But more pointedly, it shows that wee nuggets can be had.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 10:43 am

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Bloke a few rows behind me in the Devonport end yesterday shouted "get yer wallet out Hallett" when the we want you to stay song was aired-wasn't you was it Ears?

I can remember a petition going round the ground urging the Board to sign Buzasky after Staplewallet had said he was out of our price range.

A previous Board didn't even tell Ken Brown what the transfer budget was!

The "little Argyle" mentality still rules it seems.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 10:49 am

Why would we want any loanees from fellow Championship Clubs? If they aren't good enough for their own Club's first team squad, why would they be good enough for Argyle.

We should be aiming to bring in loanees from the Premier League.
Back to top Go down

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 11:02 am

Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I can remember a petition going round the ground urging the Board to sign Buzasky after Staplewallet had said he was out of our price range.

A previous Board didn't even tell Ken Brown what the transfer budget was!

The "little Argyle" mentality  still rules it seems.

Akos didnt cost alot and wasnt on big money either, staplewallet just had no money so had to find it from peter to pay paul.

I'm positive and hope Schumacher, Dewsnip and Dickinson will be given a good budget in order to find the 5-6 maybe 7 players needed to give us a fighting chance next season. While i still believe a couple of those 5-6 maybe 7 players will be loanees the players we sign on perms i cant see them blowing a sizeable proportion on one player when there are others areas of the squad that need strengthening.

but again its hard to be certain of anything as none of us know what the budget actually going to be.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 11:25 am

What we do know is that we have just sold out the ground for nearly a whole season, Hallett has stated that club merch sales were up three hundred percent on last season as were crap food and drink sales, we have just been promoted as champions with an extra £8m in prize money to add to the already massive cash reserves we had at the beginning of the season. I appreciate we may not be able the sign Mumba from what are now CCC rivals but him, Azaz and MW and players of that calibre should be on our radar. We have seen what happens to crowds in the CCC when the fanbase lacks belief and it happens quickly and to lose the momentum we have built this season through a penny pinching budget would be criminal.
Won't be long before someone mentions Messi.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 2:13 pm

seadog wrote:
He was chatting up my Niece on the Barbican, night before last.

Did she get his autograph for you? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 2:16 pm

As usual we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, providing Swansea are prepared to sell at a realistic price I can see Whittaker coming here and provided Schumacher wants him maybe Azaz as well, it seems unlikely that Norwich will be sending Mumba out again so really not worth the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 3:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
As usual we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, providing Swansea are prepared to sell at a realistic price I can see Whittaker coming here and provided Schumacher wants him maybe Azaz as well, it seems unlikely that Norwich will be sending Mumba out again so really not worth the discussion.

Are you not also "getting ahead" of yourself by speculating about Finn and Whittaker? If Mumba establishes himself as a championship full back then i'll eat my five wood-he can't defend, there were numerous examples of this during the season not the least of which occurred twice in the game against Port vale.He can just about get away with it as a wing back but his absolute best position would be as an attacking wide midfield player in a 4-4-2 formation where his defensive deficiency would be covered by a genuine full back and he could concentrate to a larger extent on the attacking side of his game, at which he excels. If he doesn't get that midfield opportunity at Norwich then there is every chance that they will send him out again whether that be to Argyle or elsewhere so it certainly is worth the discussion-what exactly are football forums for if not to discuss things? Dead enough on here most of the time as it is.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 3:55 pm

Isn't Azaz out of contract at Villa? If so, there's a deal to be done there I would suggest. Whittaker is likely to be a strong possibility but still has a year on his contract I think, so a fee will be needed.

Doubt very much that Mumba will be back, but if his new manager doesn't fancy him then who knows? Lonwijk could be an option, Wolves were very pleased with the way he was looked after down here.

Anyhoo, I'm sure there are targets already identified, all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Are you not also "getting ahead" of yourself by speculating about Finn and Whittaker? If Mumba establishes himself as a championship full back then i'll eat my five wood-he can't defend, there were numerous examples of this during the season not the least of which occurred twice in the game against Port vale.He can just about get away with it as a wing back but his absolute best position would be as an attacking wide midfield player in a 4-4-2 formation where his defensive deficiency would be covered by a genuine full back and he could concentrate to a larger extent on the attacking side of his game, at which he excels. If he doesn't get that midfield opportunity at Norwich then there is every chance that they will send him out again whether that be to Argyle or elsewhere so it certainly is worth the discussion-what exactly are football forums for if not to discuss things? Dead enough on here most of the time as it is.

My post wasn’t meant as a criticism, far from it, I enjoy all the close season speculation, I was more referring to what funding Schumacher may or may not have for new players, maybe I could have expressed it better
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 4:26 pm

And Messi is moving to Saudi Arabia so everyone had better just STFU unless it's plaudits for Sigh. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 6:47 pm

He’s not coming back.  
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 6:49 pm

It’s been a pleasure watching Mumba and Mayor but inevitably they’re moving on and good luck to them
Back to top Go down

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 8:42 pm

Graiser wrote:
It’s been a pleasure watching Mumba and Mayor but inevitably they’re moving on and good luck to them

i agree and i'd say the same for the other players that move on this summer they all played their role in this title winning season.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyTue May 09, 2023 9:00 pm

I'm hearing Vinicius junior could be Mumbas replacement at home park next season, sustainable sigh has lost the plot.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyWed May 10, 2023 11:49 am

Graiser wrote:

I can recall people getting upset when the likes of Carey, Lameras, Ladapo and Camara were sold/moved on.

But as results show, the next tranche of players were a big improvement. Offhand I'm struggling to think of any other poor signings (apart from the lad from the Irish League) since Lowe departed.

As we have risen up the League and just as importantly, treated our loanees well, I think the next intake will see another step up in quality
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba EmptyWed May 10, 2023 12:55 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I can recall people getting upset when the likes of Carey, Lameras, Ladapo and Camara were sold/moved on.

But as results show, the next tranche of players were a big improvement. Offhand I'm struggling to think of any other poor signings (apart from the lad from the Irish League) since Lowe departed.

As we have risen up the League and just as importantly, treated our loanees well, I think the next intake will see another step up in quality

And the reason we have never played in the top tier is? Ladapo has been playing for Ipswich and banging them in and helping them to automatic promotion. I also fail to remember our promotions following the release of Carey and Lamieris? In fact we took years to get where we are now. Anybody that thinks we will be a stronger outfit by getting rid of our best players needs to give their head a fooking great wobble. We have managed to finally return to the second tier despite us being a selling club not because of it and there are literally hundreds of examples out there that proves my point. We are literally the only selling club that I can see winning promotion now and most of the players that earned it aren't ours, great short term but now we have another re build on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bali Mumba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bali Mumba   Bali Mumba Empty

Back to top Go down

Bali Mumba
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next