Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?

Go down 
+6
Graiser
Grovehill
Mook
Freathy
Earwegoagain
VillageGreen
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Trying to remember some of the names bandied about last time-Kanu, Kenwynne Jones, Glenn Whelan, Leroy Lita.........none of them ever fecking signed of course. Very Happy

Don’t forget Robbie Fowler!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The pasoti nerds think we should resign Curtis Nelson, Elliott Ward and probably Tynan and Rafferty.

nelson maybe but i'll pass on the others lol ffs ward only played 16 times and they still bang on about him being the 2nd coming of bobby moore lol

A lot of the Blackpool fans were not very complementary about Nelson

to be fair hes the only one still playing so there wasnt alot of choice to pick from. I dont thin he would be on the club's radar to be honest.

Hope not, I don’t get the obsession with some supporters wanting some ex club players back.

For once I agree with you and lets not forget we were last in the CCC years ago anyone who's played at that level for us will be past it.

Barry Hayles was at HP last Saturday. Maybe discussions to bring Sir Barrington back to lead the line next season cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The pasoti nerds think we should resign Curtis Nelson, Elliott Ward and probably Tynan and Rafferty.

nelson maybe but i'll pass on the others lol ffs ward only played 16 times and they still bang on about him being the 2nd coming of bobby moore lol

Elliot Ward was one of the best players to ever play at HP and I won £250 at Wolves away on him to score first on his debut. Boom.

good defender certainly for us but i wouldnt call him an all time great after 16 games but thats just my opinion. Same view i had last season when the club did those polls for the greatest 11 (where is that artwork btw) and bradley was picked ahead of coughlan.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:31 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

A lot of the Blackpool fans were not very complementary about Nelson

to be fair hes the only one still playing so there wasnt alot of choice to pick from. I dont thin he would be on the club's radar to be honest.

Hope not, I don’t get the obsession with some supporters wanting some ex club players back.

For once I agree with you and lets not forget we were last in the CCC years ago anyone who's played at that level for us will be past it.

Barry Hayles was at HP last Saturday.  Maybe discussions to bring Sir Barrington back to lead the line next season  cheers cheers

Holloway has been inducted as an Argyle legend apparently! Bet that'll have a few gums bumping and teeth gnashing
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 06, 2023 1:32 am

You're all rather hopeful, we'll do well to have a manager by the end of September. Loans already replaced with the January signings plus maybe Whitaker. The bulk of the squad deserve a chance, a few out of contract crocks may be shown the door for a freshen up, whether perm or loans. Don't expect much more.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 06, 2023 8:15 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
You're all rather hopeful, we'll do well to have a manager by the end of September.  Loans already replaced with the January signings plus maybe Whitaker.  The bulk of the squad deserve a chance, a few out of contract crocks may be shown the door for a freshen up, whether perm or loans.  Don't expect much more.
No one is expecting anything.  Simon Property Not Players Hallett has made that perfectly clear.  Anything other than relegation would be a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 06, 2023 4:49 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Elliot Ward was one of the best players to ever play at HP and I won £250 at Wolves away on him to score first on his debut. Boom.

good defender certainly for us but i wouldnt call him an all time great after 16 games but thats just my opinion. Same view i had last season when the club did those polls for the greatest 11 (where is that artwork btw) and bradley was picked ahead of coughlan.

Nobody said he was an Ago great what I said was he was one of the best players to play at HP, I realise he was only played 16 times I was there at every game home and away. Have a look at his career on WIKI played at a consistently higher level than Argyle including the Prem. Anyway if we want him back we would have to persuade to come out of retirement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 EmptySat May 06, 2023 5:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Nobody said he was an Ago great what I said was he was one of the best players to play at HP, I realise he was only played 16 times I was there at every game home and away. Have a look at his career on WIKI played at a consistently higher level than Argyle including the Prem. Anyway if we want him back we would have to persuade to come out of retirement.

a two new legs as he was crocked for most of his career from coventry onwards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2