2014/15 player and young player of the year awards

Go down 
+2
tagz
Czarcasm
6 posters
AuthorMessage

2014/15 player and young player of the year awards Empty
PostSubject: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:27 pm

link

from the link wrote:
It is that time of the year for you to decide who has been Argyle’s Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season.
Who will succeed Reuben Reid and Curtis Nelson – your choices 12 months ago - and claim the prestigious 2014-15 award?

That is a choice for you, the Green Army, to make.

Every vote will count – and could win one lucky member of the Green Army a super Pilgrims prize - but you may only vote once in each category.

The field for the main award is open to any player who has played for the first team this season.

The main criterion for the Young Player award is that they were under 21 years of age on the opening day of the season. They include, from the first-team: River Allen, Zak Ansah, Aaron Bentley, Alex Bray, Tyler Harvey, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Gethin Jones, Andy Kellett, Ben Purrington and Nathan Thomas. You may also vote for any player in our Academy, if you find them deserving.  

You can cast your vote from today by popping your nominations into Home Park reception, the Argyle Ticket Office or Superstore; by posting your choices to: Player of the Season, Plymouth Argyle, Home Park, Plymouth, PL2 3DQ; or by emailing them to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – please put ‘PoS’ in the subject line.

The club got wise to the pasoti method then Wink  for me its

player of the year: Peter Hartley Thumbs
young player of the year: Andy Kellet
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Bit silly having a player who was here 5 minutes on loan as a YPOTY. But looking at the other 'candidates', Kellett is probably the only one who's done anything worthy of recognition.

How many goals is Reid on? That cannot be snubbed regardless of whether he is mean and moody most of the time, or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Bit silly having a player who was here 5 minutes on loan as a YPOTY. But looking at the other 'candidates', Kellett is probably the only one who's done anything worthy of recognition.

How many goals is Reid on? That cannot be snubbed regardless of whether he is mean and moody most of the time, or not.  

it will be close battle for the main poty award i wouldnt be shocked if we have a joint winner.
Back to top Go down
tagz

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:22 am

I agree with Czarcasm's point on the YPOTS. I think they should of made it so that it was 21 and under on the opening day of the season rather than under 21 (this would mean Carl McHugh who turned 22 in February)
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 6:26 pm

Hartley for player of the year. Harsh on Reuben, but we always look so much more solid when Hartley (the side's real captain) is in the side.

I guess it has to be Kellett for YPOTY. If he ended up at Man Yoo he must have done something right, even if he is just shampooing Louis van Gaal's pubes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Luke McCormick wins Brent's Herald player of the year....

Not my choice to be fair as Hartley, Reid, Alessandra, McHugh and Nelson would have gotten it before him but well done in anycase he has had a very good season. Cue the next wave of cringeworthy whitewashing over his conviction from his marks i guess which will ruin it.

edited to add

here are the results in full
Top Five - 1 Luke McCormick 56.4 per cent; 2 Anthony O'Connor 10.7 per cent; 3 Carl McHugh 7.6 per cent; 4 Lewis Alessandra 6.9 per cent; 5 Reuben Reid 6.8 per cent.

Something smells fishy to me and im talking about the sea

Last edited by Angry on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Andy Kellett wins Argyle's Young Player of the Season

i agree fully with that he was excellent here.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:55 am

O'Connor got my vote for the AFT player of the season, I forgot to vote for the other two.

O'Connor got my vote for the dedication and effort his puts into his performances. He's a consistent and reliable player, and its no surprise that the team is improved with him in it. He's a resilient defender, his versatility has seen him fill in at CB, RB, RWB as well as CM and in recent weeks he's chipped in with the goals too. A top draw player and we're very lucky to have him - certainly should be one of the first players on the retain list.

POTY could have gone to any of the back 3, Luke, O'Connor or Reuben really. Well done to Luke though, its not unjust for Luke to win it, he has been typically excellent for most of the season. Of the back three, McHugh has been the stand out for me, despite a struggling start at LB.

Andy Kellett is definitely the best player we've had this season eligible for the YPOTY award, but the award is a bit of a sham this season. Its nice to see AK on his twitter still cheering us on and getting pretty excited over yesterday. "Plymouth getting me bare nervous every week!!!! ". Followed by, "Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waghhoooooooooooeobehsbebsunejdjrgxidndbwhzusnhsnavwysbshd"  after news of ours and Southend's goals came through. He appears to be a converted pilgrim. Well done to him, he'd have been my pick but it is a shame that our YPOTY trophy is heading to a Manchester United U21 loanee who only featured for us for a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:08 am

Buzzing for the Daily Mail headline on Monday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 am

Paven wrote:

Why do you feel some sort of pride in them exploting childrens deaths over him winning a fans award so you can gets some lolz in.

sick indivdual
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:46 am

Angry... I think you've been whooshed mate. Also, loving your Michael Scott-esque fail here "Something smells fishy to me and im talking about the sea"

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Angry... I think you've been whooshed mate. Also, loving your Michael Scott-esque fail here "Something smells fishy to me and im talking about the sea"

lol! lol!

That was as clean as i dared make it as what i planned to put up would have been taken down by a mods as too risque.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:01 am

O'Connor got my vote. How we missed him during January's fockwittery, the month that probably cost us top 3.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:

Why do you feel some sort of pride in them exploting childrens deaths over him winning a fans award so you can gets some lolz in.

sick indivdual

What are you on about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:57 pm

Paven wrote:
Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:

sick indivdual

What are you on about?

Your belief that it will be funny for them to bring up mccormick killing two kids so you can have a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 am

Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:
Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:

sick indivdual

What are you on about?

Your belief that it will be funny for them to bring up mccormick killing two kids so you can have a laugh.

Crikey you really are thick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:16 am

Paven wrote:
Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:
Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:

sick indivdual

What are you on about?

Crikey you really are thick.

No Josh i just dont find you at all funny
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 am

Ok, Rob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 am

Paven wrote:
Ok, Rob.

wow you know my name you must be a brilliant spy. Nool will want to hire you for sure.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Josh, you're going to have to use this from now on  sarcasm

Note: This post is not being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Reuben has been too inconsistent for me. People always mention his 20 goals but Reubs and Alessandra are roughly even from open play.

Hartley and O'Connor have not had many poor games between them, so I would opt for either of them. Nelson has had a strong season too, as has McCormick. I would rule out McHugh purely through the failed experiment at LB, not that it was his fault.

So my 3 votes:
1) Hartley
2) O'Connor
3) Nelson

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 player and young player of the year awards   2014/15 player and young player of the year awards Empty

Back to top Go down

2014/15 player and young player of the year awards
Page 1 of 1