Greenskin
Les Miserable
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

"Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 11:46 pm

Can somebody go and check on Freathy? He's gone a bit quiet.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 12:22 am

Freathy wrote:
These nightmare games just keep on coming.  Not feeling at all confident.  Nerves may be an issue tonight. Gas on the other hand can just go out and enjoy pressure free football.  Going to be a long hard evening.

Rovers were absolutely shite and Argyle should have won this by more than 2-0.

Argyle are going up on Saturday,  Burton Albion have nothing to play for as they secured L1 for another season tonight, with victory at Lincoln City. Argyle will  beat Burton Albion and the party will  go on for hours and hours !!

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 12:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Can somebody go and check on Freathy? He's gone a bit quiet.

I bet deep, deep down he is absolutely delighted with the result  tonight and will be doing cartwheels no doubt.

When promotion is secured on Saturday, perhaps he will be hanging out the green and white bunting in honour of Shuey and the squad.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 10:14 am

Given the circumstances, the last two home games, despite all the nerves beforehand, have turned out to be fairly stress free. We were by far the better side last night before the sending off and when that happened there was only ever one winner.

Good performance, we moved the ball around quickly, stretched Rovers all over the pitch and could have been 2 or 3 up at half time were it not for some last ditch defending and brave keeping. Great stuff from Ennis (goal of the season?) and really good to see Danny Mayor back to form, he's been quality the last few games.

One more win. If Burton play like they did at their place, they'll hoof it forward, try to kick lumps out of us and get in our faces. We have enough quality to beat them on our bigger pitch, let's hope that quality comes through as it has done the last 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 am

Even if the absolute worst should happen, and we fall into the playoffs, I’m a damn sight more confident about our chances in that than I was a couple weeks ago. Our form and performances have picked up significantly - helped in no small part by the form of Wright and Ennis, plus the return of Randell.

If we get promoted on Saturday, Freathy should be relegated to Pasoti. Not even joking.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 10:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Even if the absolute worst should happen, and we fall into the playoffs, I’m a damn sight more confident about our chances in that than I was a couple weeks ago. Our form and performances have picked up significantly - helped in no small part by the form of Wright and Ennis, plus the return of Randell.

If we get promoted on Saturday, Freathy should be relegated to Pasoti. Not even joking.

No, we won't sink to their level.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 12:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Could we be that horrible to either of them?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 2:46 pm

there is no way exeter are beating Ipswich nor fleetwood for that matter so yeah we gotta win both games to win the league.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 3:04 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Could we be that horrible to either of them?

100% king
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 3:43 pm

Angry wrote:
there is no way exeter are beating Ipswich nor fleetwood for that matter so yeah we gotta win both games to win the league.

I agree but one game at a time, win on Saturday and we are promoted then the icing on the cake would be champions if we beat PV.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 4:16 pm

We are up already, no point in saying if we go up.

Burton will be a formality. Not that bothered about being champions. If it happens, very well done to Argyle.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 5:37 pm

Great goal by Ennis, a touch of class !!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 6:17 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Burton will be a formality. Not that bothered about being champions. If it happens, very well done to Argyle.

This is Argyle we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 6:30 pm

Been a long time since I've seen Argo dominate in such a totally one sided match at HP.  Can't believe it only finished 2-0.  According to Pasoti Morgan Whittaker was in the Mayflower last night with Michael Cooper.  Hope Morgan was thinking I got to have more of this next season! And Ennis you beauty! cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 7:22 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Burton will be VERY tough! Their last match was a 1-0 win at Lincoln.  But it's also a must win as it's extremely unlikely Sheff Wed will be dropping points against Shrewsbury on Sat and Derby is very winnable at Hillsborough on the final day. Really have to assume Sheff Wed will be getting all 6 points from Shrews and Derby.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 7:28 pm

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Burton will be VERY tough! Their last match was a 1-0 win at Lincoln.  But it's also a must win as it's extremely unlikely Sheff Wed will be dropping points against Shrewsbury on Sat and Derby is very winnable at Hillsborough on the final day. Really have to assume Sheff Wed will be getting all 6 points from Shrews and Derby.

cheers yet if we were playing Shrews and Derby they would be VERY VERY tough games.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

these games coming up are not going to be walk overs for us, we will still need to turn up and the buisness but as ears said above me its not shrews or derby in our postition and whats at stake in both games we should be up for this and get it over the line. Just got to take them seriously and not think promotion is a done thing cause we only got to get 2 points in 2 games to do it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 8:24 pm

You can be sure that Schuey and the management team won't be taking Burton or Port vale lightly. I'm actually more with Freathy on this one-the job is not done yet and the last thing that Argyle need is to have to get something from Port vale in the last game if any sort of slip up should occur against Burton and Wednesday were to win, which is a perfectly possible scenario bearing in mind the inferior goal difference. Seen too many "walkovers and only got to turn up to win" situations before to take anything for granted, some of the stuff being bandied about reminds me of that feckin game against Burnley under Shilton when people had already booked coaches to Wembley and all the rest of it. Burton got a darned good result at Lincoln and they have had good results against high flying teams in the recent past so they can't be underestimated. For sure everything is in Argyle's favour and i think they'll do it but pushovers? Mmmm, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 9:20 pm

Only Village with the crazy optimism, certainly not from me although I am feeling reasonably confident.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 am

VillageGreen wrote:

No one is a formality when Argo is involved. Yes, On paper and current form, we should beat Burton. I think there will be a shock 2-0 defeat for one of the top 3 teams on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 12:28 am

Argyle will beat Burton on Saturday, not sure by how many.

Burton secured L1 footie for next season with a win at Lincoln and they have nothing to play for now. They will be at HP just to make up the numbers.

Argyle know what they need to do and do it they will.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 12:30 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Only Village with the crazy optimism, certainly not from me although I am feeling reasonably confident.

Not crazy optimistic rants from me, just reality. Shuey will have the side in tip top form for Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 8:43 am

The Burton Manager's pre-match comments of the game includes.....

"We’re not going there to spoil a party, we are going there to show what we’re about,” he said. “It’s a good test for us, to see how far we’ve come as a group – and Plymouth is always a difficult place to go anyway. I’ll be playing our strongest 11.

Everybody from outside was saying ‘you’re safe anyway’ but we were thinking, no, we want to make it 100% safe. “That’s why we were probably edgy at Lincoln and now that’s gone. I would like to think we can go to Plymouth and play with a lot more freedom, express ourselves, be positive and go for it.”
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 12:42 pm

Feeling comfortable about a win on Saturday, however the real icing on the cake would be the most unlikely scenario of Exeter beating Ipswich, not sure who’d be more hacked off, Ipswich or the Excretians!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 2:42 pm

Graiser wrote:
Feeling comfortable about a win on Saturday, however the real icing on the cake would be the most unlikely scenario of Exeter beating Ipswich, not sure who’d be more hacked off, Ipswich or the Excretians!

More chance of me wearing a ‘Lord Brent Is My Saviour’ t-shirt, than Exeter getting anything at Portman Rd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread   "Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Rebound off Ennis's ass sinks the gas" match thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next