Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Through but VERY worrying signs for the rest of the league season.

Fecking hell you must be a delight to live with.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm

Fvck you moaners and principles pussies i'm off to wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheers cheers cheers cheers jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:16 pm

Shaking like a fooking leaf during that shoot out,so much for not mattering. Made hard work of it, had enough chances and efforts to win two games but superb finish from Hardie and some good saves from Burton [believe he had a previous reputation as a good penalty stopper] saved the day after that awful mix up let them into the game. Definitely going to Wembley, hope Accrington win tomorrow but having said that it would be a cracking atmosphere against Bolton.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:18 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Don’t give him the satisfaction of a reaction.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:21 pm

that voodoo account on twitter posted a great tweet about the boycotting of this competition with that pitch invasion lol

well done to the players none the less, im pretty sure the green army will take a big crowd to wembley i pray we dont play as bad as we did the last two times (regardless of winning in 96 it was a poor game)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:21 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

True but there are some slightly concerning signs around HP since January. Still in and around the fun zone but we aren't playing well. Two points dropped on Saturday and that is why I dont think we need this distraction. Imo the squad isnt as massive as Schuey and some fans think not if you want a quality 11 anyway and hopefully Schuey will realise that soon and concentrate on getting us promoted.
I would have bitten your hand off to get three points off Fleetwood and get beaten tonight.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Just to make the night even better Liverpool got a good stuffing
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:22 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

True but there are some slightly concerning signs around HP since January. Still in and around the fun zone but we aren't playing well. Two points dropped on Saturday and that is why I dont think we need this distraction. Imo the squad isnt as massive as Schuey and some fans think not if you want a quality 11 anyway and hopefully Schuey will realise that soon and concentrate on getting us promoted.
I would have bitten your hand off to get three points off Fleetwood and get beaten tonight.

So would we all, but we didn’t and we move on to Peterborough.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

It isn't really going to be a distraction if Rotherham's experience last year is anything to go by. Everyone knows that promotion is the priority and nobody will know that better than Schuey, not sure where you get the impression from that he isn't seeing that already. The final isn't until 2nd April and it can go on the back burner now for a month or so while the more important bread and butter matches take place, the final is a nice bonus for the players, management and fans who want it and a rare Argyle outing to Wembley.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:57 pm

I just can't get excited about it, hate london ... do they have aeroplanes in the sky?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 11:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

It isn't really going to be a distraction if Rotherham's experience last year is anything to go by. Everyone knows that promotion is the priority and nobody will know that better than Schuey, not sure where you get the impression from that he isn't seeing that already. The final isn't until 2nd April and it can go on the back burner now for a month or so while the more important bread and butter matches take place, the final is a nice bonus for the players, management and fans who want it and a rare Argyle outing to Wembley.

No my point was that Schuey needs to realise his best 11 or best 14 and stop all the chopping and changing. It would be easier to defend if it were working anyway. As for April we now have an extra game against Rovers, one more than all our opposition bar I suppose Bolton and obviously the final does that help our run in? You want to go? Fair enough, enjoy your day but you will never convince me it's helping our promotion push it's a distraction and makes for a hectic April making our previously good run in now more congested.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 11:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

No my point was that Schuey needs to realise his best 11 or best 14 and stop all the chopping and changing. It would be easier to defend if it were working anyway. As for April we now have an extra game against Rovers, one more than all our opposition bar I suppose Bolton and obviously the final does that help our run in? You want to go? Fair enough, enjoy your day but you will never convince me it's helping our promotion push it's a distraction and makes for a hectic April making our previously good run in now more congested.

This time last year he had to use his best eleven that were available due to injuries etc and we all know what happened as a result of that small squad, it’s different this year so he can utilise his squad to suit the team we’re playing on the day
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:14 am

Freathy wrote:

Man, get out of town. Argyle deserved to win the game and were the better team, Burton was a star in that shoot-out

Fair shout to Cheltenham for making a game of it. I hate penalty shoot-outs but Argyle got there in the end.

It's a day out in London and a trip to Wembley. The chance to win some silverware to put in the trophy cabinet. It's a break from the league campaign for one weekend. And we will have a game in hand against the gas which will come in handy later on.

Promotion is the main aim and I now believe it could be achieved.

Yourself and Ears are so negative at times, let's embrace this achievement for a change.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 7:15 am

Argyles history in this competition is perfect really. If you’re gonna go out - go out early, which we almost always have.

If on the other hand you start to progress, then before you know it, a Wembley final and proper decent money is there to be made for the club.

’Tis all good really. A weekend away for many, with the result not being a life and death matter.

Happy days.

Back to top Go down
Mark Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 10:51 am

Whilst I understand the way some people feel about this competition, I think you need to look at it a different way.

We don't play in a reserve league and we have a much deeper squad than previous seasons therefore this is an excellent way of giving them all game time ready for stepping into the league squad.

On top of that, it's been great for players coming back from injury, "blooding" young players etc.

So, have your "principles" or whatever - I'm not sure I understand from this or previous threads what those are, hence the speech marks - but see the benefits of the competition even if you don't want to attend.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 11:09 am

Whatever your views, whatever angle you want to throw at it, for the extra revenue, experience for the young players, positive exposure for the club, a day out for the fans, a chance of some silverware - it can only be a good thing fur Argo, init. For me? Pfft. A day out at the new Wembury doesn't interest me at all, but all those who are going up for the day, I hope you have a great day.

UTBA
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:09 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Man, get out of town. Argyle deserved to win the game and were the better team, Burton was a star in that shoot-out

Fair shout to Cheltenham for making a game of it. I hate penalty shoot-outs but Argyle got there in the end.

It's a day out in London and a trip to Wembley. The chance to win some silverware to put in the trophy cabinet. It's a break from the league campaign for one weekend. And we will have a game in hand against the gas which will come in handy later on.

Yourself and Ears are so negative at times, let's embrace this achievement for a change.

Look back over the history of this competition I have been nothing but consistent with my dislike of this competition, unlike other people I haven't changed my position because we have done well this year. TBF I think you were the only one in the early days talking about going to Wembley if you had the chance, as for negativity that is just the easy way to dismiss my POV that doesn't align with your own, explain how I have been so negative whilst I head the leaderboard on predictions? I have done that by consistently predicting Argyle wins so blows your dismissive stance clear out of the water.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Look back over the history of this competition I have been nothing but consistent with my dislike of this competition, unlike other people I haven't changed my position because we have done well this year. TBF I think you were the only one in the early days talking about going to Wembley if you had the chance, as for negativity that is just the easy way to dismiss my POV that doesn't align with your own, explain how I have been so negative whilst I head the leaderboard on predictions? I have done that by consistently predicting Argyle wins so blows your dismissive stance clear out of the water.

Yes, I was the only one banging on about Wembley and Argyle winning this thing, I have been proved correct in getting to Wembley, just got to win it now.

You have had a moan about a situation that has passed - Whittaker- and you have had a moan about what you believe may come later in the season - Ipswich Town.

If someone had told you back in the summer that come February 22 2023 Argyle would be joint top of League One and reached a first trophy final, you would have dismissed it as pure fantasy.

Argyle are where they are because they have been an OK side this season. There is still a bit to do but the side can achieve it.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 4:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Yes, I was the only one banging on about Wembley and Argyle winning this thing, I have been proved correct in getting to Wembley, just got to win it now.

You have had a moan about a situation that has passed - Whittaker- and you have had a moan about what you believe may come later in the season - Ipswich Town.

If someone had told you back in the summer that come February 22 2023 Argyle would be joint top of League One and reached a first trophy final, you would have dismissed it as pure fantasy.

Argyle are where they are because they have been an OK side this season. There is still a bit to do but the side can achieve it.

What did I say about Whitiker and for that matter Ipswich? I did predict just short of playoffs (like nearly everyone on here) iirc and since then I have acknowledged what a great job Schuey and co have done.
It's still opinions sorry if they don't align with yours but that's forums for you.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 7:45 pm

Did we win last night ? are we going to Wembley? are we 2nd and 8 Pts clear of third place ? I’m not so sure after reading some of these posts, can’t we just for once enjoy the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 10:10 pm

Bolton it is
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 10:12 pm

Notlob it is then, exactly 100 years after they played in the first Wembley final.Bit of an Argyle connection too-David Jack scored the first ever goal at Wembley in that match and he started his career at HP, son of Bob Jack who was manager at Argyle for years. Anyway, enough of this historical wittering-there will be a pretty good crowd and atmos for this one but time to forget all about it for a few weeks and get some points on the board starting at Posh on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 10:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Bolton it is

Pointless turning up, we'll get mullered, season over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 10:54 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bolton it is

Pointless turning up,  we'll get mullered,  season over.

its not over till freathy says it is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 11:14 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bolton it is

Pointless turning up,  we'll get mullered,  season over.

its not over till freathy says it is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.   Come on Cheltenhamcestishire. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Come on Cheltenhamcestishire.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: