Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:47 pm

Ideal for my prediction league not so good for my dodgy ticker. Come on Argyle.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:53 pm

3-1 yesssssssssssss that’s game over hardie
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ideal for my prediction league not so good for my dodgy ticker. Come on Argyle.
I had 2-1 🤦‍�
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:54 pm

Usual 12 minutes of extra time then?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:55 pm

RegGreen wrote:
3-1 yesssssssssssss that’s game over hardie

FFS Ryan thought you were my mate?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:55 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof.

I am impressed. I'm off to the Royal Oak to celebrate with a large mixed grill and lashings of frothing of Jail ale.

UTBA.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 4:56 pm

Superb from Argyle should settle any nerves now. Get in.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 5:03 pm

Geddin!!!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 5:24 pm

Bit nervy when it went 2-1, great win in the end and overall deserved. Back to the top and a big chinese for tea, happy days.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 5:39 pm

Top of the league!

Beat the buggers. Well done Argyle.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 pm

Went today.  Great win but Argo made very hard work of it again.  Even at 2-0 up we never looked completely in control and Pompey bringing it back to 2-1 had an air of inevitability about it.  Hardie's very well taken winner on the counter calmed many frayed nerves at the end.  Also Mickel Miller is one hell of a player and was a bit disappointed when we went off.  Good atmosphere too, Pompey fans never shut up for the whole 90.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 7:34 pm

Argyle started the game very well and dominated the early exchanges-Pompey weathered the storm and came into the game but Cozzy converted a rebound from the keeper after good work by Miller, who was very dangerous throughout and could be a key player in the run in. Like to see why an Argyle goal was disallowed soon after, didn't seem much wrong from my angle.HT came and pretty even for a while but i think a turning point was when Makete came on for the injured Randell and really started to bite in midfield which led to a few chances before Finn seemingly settled the issue with a cool finish. Argyle need to brush up on their putting games to bed though and after a humungous scramble was cleared [Pompey apparently had 24 shots in total,10 of them must have been in that incident] they pulled one back after a corner wasn't dealt with. Pompey huffed and puffed a bit but never really troubled Burton, who didn't have serious save to make throughout the match, and Hardie supplied a deft chip to finish the issue once and for all and keep up his stellar record against Portsmouth. In all truth i thought Argyle were better than them in all departments and the scoreline was a realistic one in showing the difference between the teams in this match and in their respective league positions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 8:08 pm

exactly the response we needed after last week. A good comfortable win and against a team we usually draw against in front of another big crowd with a decent turn out from pompey.

We played some good stuff managed to play lot a through balls that i think had ennis played he would have buried some of them unlike hardie but never the less i had no issue that we wouldnt win this game. I was taken aback by the starting 11 with Mumba and Matete on the bench and Miller starting after a spell out of the side injured but boy he had a good game. Hope Randall is ok after coming off early.

overall good win and ipswich holding wednesday to a draw helps us greatly too if we are to relaunch a title push and derby lost aswell.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 8:29 pm

After all is said and done. This victory should be a massive confidence booster for the lads to crack on with our relentless march towards glory.

In Victoria Gloriari.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 9:09 pm

Excellent win, never thought during the game we wouldn’t win, Pompey a bit toothless, strange line up for us but Bleddy hell SS got it spot on, Cosgrove gave those CB’s a torrid time and I also thought Butcher had his best game this season, for me the midfield with him and Matete were really solid and what a strong bench we now have compared to 12 months ago
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers Ivor.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 9:33 am

Given the events of last week, the rare defeat and the injuries to 2 key players, that was an important game. Not only did we win it but the manner in which we did was very impressive. We started well, looked very sharp up front, solid at the back and we were basically too good for Pompey in all areas of the pitch.

Miller looked very good on his return, Cosgrove was a handful and Wright is one of those players who always seems to pick the right pass. Matete made a huge difference when he came on and Azaz looks to be getting back to his earlier season form after his injury.

We have such a strong squad compared to last year and the gap to 3rd place continues to grow.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 10:58 am

Only criticism I have is not dealing with the corner for their goal., and leaving someone unmarked just to dink the ball in, schoolboy error stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 9:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Only criticism I have is not dealing with the corner for their goal., and leaving someone unmarked just to dink the ball in, schoolboy error stuff.

true, there were a few moments in the game where the pace of one of the ompey plays Scarlett i think was his name was causing them problems aswell and had that player been intelligent and passed more to players unmarked we might have had some ig issues to deal with.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 1:42 pm

Well, that was a good game.

Back to the top of League One.

Just been reading the match stuff on the Portsmouth news site. Pompey fans agreeing they are an average L1 side, with one saying the result was unsurprising as Argyle had the better players.

@ChrisTheLewis: Unsurprising result because Plymouth have good players while Danny Cowley recruited mostly rubbish ones. Rebuild is once again needed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Pumpey   Argo v Pumpey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo v Pumpey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2