Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Freathy
VillageGreen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 8:11 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Zackly, who gives a toss? We will never be a sustainable CCC club until we sort the capacity out so why waste money on promotion now? Think I'll just move to Ipswich, Sheffield or Barnsley.

£1.5 million is a  big price to pay for Whittaker and that is too much for the club at this moment in time I believe.

He has gone and that is that.

Well if we do up we better get used to having to cough those kinds of figures for the players we will need if we were to stand a chance of staying up and competiting
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 8:35 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Zackly, who gives a toss? We will never be a sustainable CCC club until we sort the capacity out so why waste money on promotion now? Think I'll just move to Ipswich, Sheffield or Barnsley.

£1.5 million is a  big price to pay for Whittaker and that is too much for the club at this moment in time I believe.

Well if we do up we better get used to having to cough those kinds of figures for the players we will need if we were to stand a chance of staying up and competiting
£1.5 million is more than Hallett and the yanks are prepared to pay for players, but it's not too much for the club to bear by a long away.  Players not property Hallett!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 10:28 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

that’s what quality comes to they ever want to be a
“Sustainable championship club” village
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 10:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Yoom naaat a praaaaaaaper fan! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Ah, that brings back memories!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 3:47 pm

If Argyle do go up I agree Hallett would have to back the manager but not at £1 million plus for players. The club could probably get some experienced players in at around the £300,000 - £600,000 mark ?. If Argyle could manage to stay in the Championship for as long as they can, then perhaps transfer fees could be higher if it can be done.

Home Park would have to be full every home game for every season Argyle are there. The last time Argyle were in that division crowds started to fall away after awhile. Clubs like Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby, Bolton etc al can get decent crowds in the Championship and keep them.

I do not wish to see the club over spend and go back into administration again, points deduction, slipping down the leagues etc-etc.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 4:05 pm

Hallett is completely the wrong owner for the Championship.  We won't last 5 minutes without proper spending on the playing side.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:30 pm

Cracks me up all the comments about over spending and administration, we have a plus on our balance sheet of about £10million quid yet everyone treats us like we are still a Brenty basement club. Having said that I don't believe all this five year plan and sustainable CCC bollocks it is just that with our capacity I just dont see us staying up with our gates. Remember last time we were there we were able to get 20k plus iirc?
Anyway no one has asked to bankrupt the club just spend some of the money that we have, the board are now doing that and Im sure its because they realise there be merry hell kicked up if we don't.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:19 pm

I see Jordan Garrick has been sold to FGR.

Argyle obviously got the best out of him last season and it shows how far we have progressed
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:55 pm

It was only myself that made the over spending and administration comment, just a cautionary remark.

We all want the best for the club, to see a good future for it. According to the local rag, Argyle did try to keep him here with improved loan agreement and even going down a permanent move route for him, Swansea refused all offers. Although Shuey has said that should Argyle get promoted they will try and move for him again if available.

As for the crowds at Home Park, they would have to be full houses for every season Argyle are in the Championship. And that is not guaranteed.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 11:51 am

looks like he may be signing for Rangers very soon. He would be a great signing for them and will be a star in the SPL.

Again i will be interested to know what he went for.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 12:02 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
If Argyle do go up I agree Hallett would have to back the manager but not at £1 million plus for players. The club could probably get some experienced players in at around the £300,000 - £600,000 mark ?. If Argyle could manage to stay in the Championship for as long as they can, then perhaps transfer fees could be higher if it can be done.

Home Park would have to be full every home game for every season Argyle are there. The last time Argyle were in that division crowds started to fall away after awhile. Clubs like Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby, Bolton etc al  can get decent crowds in the Championship and keep them.

I do not wish to see the club over spend and go back into administration again, points deduction, slipping down the leagues etc-etc.

No one wants that's debacle again VG. But, If we adopt that model of player acquisition, we'll be tinpot for eternity.

We need to be willing to pay the going rate for players in order to sustain a Championship campaign. We need to at least fill in the corners in readiness for bigger crowds - more income. We need to adopt a 'can do and compete' mentality. We need to release the shackles of tinpottery that's had us quivering at the thought of spending a few quid for decades. I've always said I doubt if I'll ever see us reach the big time. I still maintain that. I'm 84 now, so haven't got much time left.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 12:19 pm

And still driving the lorry. Well done! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 2:11 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
And still driving the lorry. Well done! Very Happy

It's a daily struggle. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 3:08 pm

Wouldn't Rangers be off limits as he would then have played in three Countries in one season?

Seem to remember Stevie Crawford needed special dispensation to return to Scotland after half a season with Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 3:17 pm

Angry wrote:
looks like he may be signing for Rangers very soon. He would be a great signing for them and will be a star in the SPL.

Again i will be interested to know what he went for.

I heard that Rangers turned down £900k. It does grip my shite that the money from the PL is even ruining the CCC now, last time we were thee we could afford the sort of players that could cope in the CCC like MW, yet now they seem to be double what they used to be?
It's all down to capacity to make us sustainable imo and I can't see it t on our crowds of 16k or so.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 3:34 pm

If only the grandstand had been done properly!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 4:22 pm

We need a whole new stand over the Demport and the corners filled in.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 4:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Kin right we do, Ears. Get the corners done in the close season. I reckon they'll be ready by Xmas,. Just in time for the post xmas push to the premiership. drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 5:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Wouldn't Rangers be off limits as he would then have played in three Countries in one season?

Seem to remember Stevie Crawford needed special dispensation to return to Scotland after half a season with Argyle.

to my knowledge unless hes made an appearance for swansea since going back he hasnt played for them so he can go there and also swansea play in our leagues despite being welsh they fall under the rules of england so that would be fine too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 10:17 am

Cheesy-Chips wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Kin right we do, Ears. Get the corners done in the close season. I reckon they'll be ready by Xmas,. Just in time for the post xmas push to the premiership. drunken drunken drunken

What someone on pbay said,

Hospitality away at Cheltenham was about £87 for a one course meal,for the Wycombe match it was something like £87 plus VAT for a 3 course meal and better facilities so on a one match basis Argyle is a good price.Whenever the Corners are filled in I would suspect they will be Hospitality areas
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 2:03 pm

Got to say that some of the figures being bandied about for MW are ridiculous.

He's a good L1 player(in a good L1 team) but hasn't/can't get near the strating lineup of a mid table Championship team.

Got to say all the current speculation reminds me of the Broom saga last year-fees of £600k being discussed, Aberdeen keen on the player etc. And what happened in the end? Back to Cheltenham for peanuts.

Perhaps if Argyle are patient they could get MW back for next to nowt in the summer.

But then, some were keen for us to sign Garrick but next season he'll be playing 2 Leagues below us.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 6:28 pm

Whittaker refused to play for Swansea today, looks like he’s offski to Rangers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 9:19 pm

Azaz, Cosgrove, Mumba and Lonwijk will be staying here till the end of the season as the deadline to active their recall clauses has expired.

Great news and peace of mind im sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whittaker back to Swansea ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3