Freathy
VillageGreen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Whittaker back to Swansea ? Empty
PostSubject: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 4:08 pm

Swansea City are seriously considering recalling Whittaker.

Swansea City considering Whittaker recall from Plymouth Argyle

By
Phil Sumbler

Monday, 2 January 2023, 10:35

Swansea City are seriously considering recalling Morgan Whittaker from his loan spell at Plymouth as they look bolster a squad that is likely to see several departures this January alongside the usual arrivals.

With expected departures this window for both Jamie Paterson and Michael Obafemi the Swans will be lighter on attacking options going into what Russell Martin is hoping will be a promotion push and sources close to the club suggest that they are considering enforcing the clause that allows them to recall Morgan to SA1.

CREDIT: Planet Swans

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 4:25 pm

Should be no surprise to anyone that he's now being recalled.  It's clear he's more than ready for first team starts the Championship.  Anyway he's now definitely played his last game for Argo.  Hopefully Schuey is able to get in another forward to replace but there's no way he'll find similar quality.  As ever, Argo will end January weaker than they started it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 4:41 pm

That will please you no end.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 5:13 pm

It would be a gutter but them maybe a lesson learned about having too many loanees. Lets hope they leave him be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 5:20 pm

This is a good reason why its not a good idea long term to have so many loan signings who are key players as this threat is always in the background.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 5:52 pm

Just SCFC floating a rumour to encourage Argyle to make a bid.

Posh did similar last season saying that Aberdeen were after Broom-he ended up rejoining his previous Club for a lot less than the £500,000 Aberdeen were said to be willing to pay.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Posh did similar last season saying that Aberdeen were after Broom-he ended up rejoining his previous Club for a lot less than the £500,000 Aberdeen were said to be willing to pay.

Don't think so they have possibly two players leaving which will leave them short of strikers.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:02 pm

Swansea City are now seriously considering a recall for Morgan Whittaker amid his flying form for Plymouth Argyle, Planet Swans has said.

Swansea City sanctioned a new loan move for young forward Whittaker in the summer transfer window.

He didn’t figure in Russell Martin’s first-team plans initially so a move to Plymouth Argyle was wrapped up and since then, the former Derby County man hasn’t looked back. Whittaker has notched nine goals and seven assists in 31 games, helping the Pilgrims rise to the top of the table.

Inevitably, a January recall has become a topic of discussion and with the window now open, new claims have emerged.

Planet Swans have said that Swansea City are seriously considering bringing Whittaker back to the Swansea.com Stadium in a bid to bolster their ranks again with winter departures on the cards.

He’d be another option in Martin’s frontline, operating either as a striker or as one of those in-behind the frontman.

A big decision to make…
There’s pros and cons for both sides of the situation. A Plymouth Argyle stay would see Whittaker getting guaranteed minutes for a club in a really good spot. Playing a key role in a promotion-winning side could do wonders for his development and it’s already seen him play some of the best football of his career.

Losing him would be a huge blow for the Pilgrims, but Swansea are the team with the power here.

They have the recall option and if they need attacking reinforcements, it seems logical to save money on signing someone by bringing back one of their own players who is in flying form.

It remains to be seen how the situation pans out though with plenty of the month remaining.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:07 pm

Just look back at Page 5 to see lots of people getting worked up about Broom being swept away.

Today my thoughts are more about Ipswich dropping points at Lincoln.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:

to be fair the club where right not to be suckered into paying for Broom as he went off the boil mid way through the season and wasnt the same player in the beginning for us. Whittaker i would encourage the club to be brave and bid for him not only is he a good player, its not out of our price range and hes young and with a buisness head on we would double with interest what we pay for him if a bigger club comes in.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:27 pm

If Argyle were 14th and Jephcott was having the kind of season Whittaker is having, I’d hope we’d recall him.

Wouldn’t be the biggest surprise in the world if they did recall him, given his form.

I’d also be amazed if Swansea wanted to sell Whittaker, either to Argyle, Ipswich, or anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:33 pm

If Swansea are looking to cash in by selling Whittaker then Argo should make a real statement of intent to the fans and put a serious bid in for him.   With full houses nearly every week since the start of the season, it's not unreasonable for the fans to expect this.  If, as is far more likely, Swansea are recalling him to play then there's nothing we can do about that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:37 pm

Decent player, extremely greedy, wants to shoot as soon as he gets the ball within 30 yards of goal, often at the expense of better options ... of course it's great when they go in. Azaz is the better player imo and having him back fit will compensate for the potential loss of morgan.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:33 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Decent player, extremely greedy, wants to shoot as soon as he gets the ball within 30 yards of goal, often at the expense of better options ... of course it's great when they go in. Azaz is the better player imo and having him back fit will compensate for the potential loss of morgan.

Azaz is quality, but there’s no denying Whittaker has got better and better as the seasons progressed.

Agree about him shooting though. Law of averages says if he has 10 shots one might go in. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:37 pm

Plenty of stuff going on in the background I guess, bit of a pig, but if he’s recalled that’s it and we move on with Plan B
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:40 pm

He’s comfortably in the £1m+ bracket too, if he came onto the market, I’d say.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:42 pm

At least Schuey seems to have a Plan B, usually.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:44 pm

Be a right kick up the nuts that so why don’t we sign him then instead over to you  sigh the American investment company guy …the lack of signing proper players for the buisness end of the season instead of gambling on young players for the future when we need players that can be slung in straight away I don’t get it I really don’t ..the only thing i can say promotion don’t seem to be a major priority with the board
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:49 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Be a right kick up the nuts that so why don’t we sign him then instead over to you  sigh the American investment company guy …the lack of signing proper players for the buisness end of the season instead of gambling on young players for the future when we need players that can be slung in straight away I don’t get it I really don’t ..the only thing i can say promotion don’t seem to be a major priority with the board

And there it is. lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:13 pm

Yep another POV eh Czarks, ain't free speech a bastard? We won't buy Whittiker because no way would the club spend £1.5m that he's worth but the Swans really need a striker if their two boys leave. Got to hope one of them stays, one says he is off the other wants more time to think about a contract offer, of course they may just let their contracts run down in which case we would be alright.if he goes I think our promotion quest has just become at least twice as hard.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:41 pm

The lad couldn't even get near the Swansea first team squad 5 months ago so why anyone thinks they want him back to spearhead a promotion push is beyond belief. If that was the case we would just replace him with Jephcott-he wasn't wanted by his own Club before the season either.

What promotion push anyway? Swansea are currently 15 points of an Automatic slot-they have about as much chance of promotion as Exeter City.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:52 pm

Conflicting signs coming from Swansea. Manager appears not to particularly want him back, but the owners do.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 12:38 am

Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

And there it is. lol!
prove me wrong then cos you can’t it’s made to look more professional up the but it Cos there’s still F#[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all decency going in the side couple of kids there gambled on for the future to let’s say keep the green tinted just happy enough not to stop em complaining ..why they get on with there land deals
Plus 4million that’s been invested plus gates of 15 thousand on a regular basis plus a very good season financially last season there raking plus the old infrastructure that old chestnut that just ups the price of club for them so on that note the just happy to stay the way it is Kerr ching ££…cos otherwise they would go and pay for a couple of decent L1 players like there rivals but seem very reluctant to do so
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 8:32 am

RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

And there it is. lol!
prove me wrong then cos you can’t it’s made to look more professional up the but it  Cos there’s still F#[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all decency going in the side couple  of kids there gambled on for the future to let’s say keep the green tinted just happy enough not to stop em complaining ..why they get on with there land deals
Plus 4million that’s been invested plus gates of 15 thousand on a regular basis plus a very good season financially last season there raking plus the old infrastructure that old chestnut that just ups the price of club for them so on that note the just happy to stay the way it is Kerr ching ££…cos otherwise they would go and pay for a couple of decent L1 players like there rivals but seem very reluctant to do so

I couldn’t even begin to counter-argue such wise words. You win.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 10:54 am

I can’t see Swansea recalling Whittaker to sell to Ipswich if there’s a chance of them losing a couple of their strikers in the transfer window.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whittaker back to Swansea ?   Whittaker back to Swansea ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whittaker back to Swansea ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next