Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Strange old game innit

Go down 
+4
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
Freathy
Greenskin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 10:07 pm

Saturday

Chippenham 1 Lincoln 0

Tuesday

Bristol City 1 Lincoln 3

No matter what team the turnips put out tonight, still an awful result for them-probably on a par with Argyle's result at Grimsby in terms of sheer horrendousness

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7055
Join date : 2011-05-12

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 7:36 am

Grimsby completely out played and thrashed our first team.  Doubt Bristol City had any first team regulars in their line up for an EFL Cup match.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 7:53 am

Freathy wrote:
Grimsby completely out played and thrashed our first team.  Doubt Bristol City had any first team regulars in their line up for an EFL Cup match.

Not so, they started with a lot of the team which played on Saturday and by the start of the second half just about the entire main cast was on the pitch. The result did not go down well with the Ashton gate faithful either, all sorts of speculation about Pearson's future if they should lose to Watford this week.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 8:15 am

The Grimsby upset was going to happen sooner rather than later and I'm glad it wasn't a league match, complacency was a massive factor imo. The next five games will be a real measure of where we are post the Azaz injury, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 10:25 am

Greenskin wrote:
The result did not go down well with the Ashton gate faithful either, all sorts of speculation about Pearson's future if they should lose to Watford this week.


Could be an opening for Shoe E Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 11:03 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
The result did not go down well with the Ashton gate faithful either, all sorts of speculation about Pearson's future if they should lose to Watford this week.


Could be an opening for Shoe E Smile

i thought he was a dead cert to replace Nathan Jones at Luton who is going to Southampton (shockingly over Sean Dyche but whatever)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 1:13 pm

Tough game for Argyle on Saturday, Lincoln will be up for it no doubt after the win at Trashton Gate last night.

Just hope Argyle don't fall apart like they did at Grimsby.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 1:33 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
The result did not go down well with the Ashton gate faithful either, all sorts of speculation about Pearson's future if they should lose to Watford this week.


Could be an opening for Shoe E Smile

i thought he was a dead cert to replace Nathan Jones at Luton who is going to Southampton (shockingly over Sean Dyche but whatever)



Don't talk rubbish, everyone knows Schoe e is going to take over from Southgate after England flop in Qatar.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10232
Join date : 2011-10-23

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 2:22 pm

The performance at Lincoln will be almost as important as the result. We cannot keep relying on grinding out results whilst not playing well. I’ve no interest whatsoever in looking over the Grimsby debacle, but defensive gaffs like the two against Exeter for their goals, also have to stop. Otherwise we can forget about remaining as serious challengers.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
The result did not go down well with the Ashton gate faithful either, all sorts of speculation about Pearson's future if they should lose to Watford this week.


Could be an opening for Shoe E Smile

i thought he was a dead cert to replace Nathan Jones at Luton who is going to Southampton (shockingly over Sean Dyche but whatever)



Don't talk rubbish, everyone knows Schoe e is going to take over from Southgate after England flop in Qatar.

They almost certainly will in Twatter, Blatter, Qatar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Strange old game innit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange old game innit   Strange old game innit Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Strange old game innit
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Quiet innit ?
» New Signing innit
» Happy Birthday Innit
» Bleddy quiet on here innit
» Anuvva Player innit

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: