Greenskin
swampy
Mr President
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr President

Steve Fletcher Signed Empty
PostSubject: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Mr President wrote:

Blinkin heck-39 years old. Barry Hayles will be next to play alongside him! Might just do a useful job in the later stages of games, keeping possesion, a bit of nous and an aerial threat in the box if we do need to lump it chasing a goal.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 pm

In prolific form this season,i see! Good player over the years actually,may be a good signing in the short term [a la Jason Dodd in our first CCC season] bearing in mind Chadders injury doubts and the Preston lad not really making a big impact.Welcome Steve and shake 'em up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:21 pm

An interesting short-term signing. The Bournemouth fans speak highly of him. He may be just what we need to provide "presence" in attack as Purse has done in defence. I'll be interested to see how he is used - whether he'll start games or be used as a change of tactics towards the end of matches.

I just hope it doesn't lead to hoof-ball tactics. Though I guess I'd even settle for that if it secures our place in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 pm

I doubt he will score a hatful of goals before the end of the season, but he might just provide the muscle needed up front, especially if Chadwick is going to be on the sidelines anymore. If the manager is going to persist with getting the team to punt the ball upfield at every opportunity, we might as well have someone up there who is big enough to win the ball from time to time.

Just as interesting is the news that Exeter have pinned their survival hopes on none other than the mighty Alan Gow. Good luck lol!

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Obviously one for the future. A wee nugget, if you will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Well atleast we've signed someone lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Obviously one for the future. A wee nugget, if you will.

I don't mind if he's, cough, almost as old as me, as long as he helps us stay up. It's a short term solution hopefully, even though it does make the signing of Wootton look like investing in youth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Something a bit different to what we have, a bit of a lump, could do well with Macdonald up front, be better than any lightweight fancy dan young'uns from the CCC in this league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Might explain why our player-manager stopped playing. It would be too confusing if we had two Fletchers on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I hate to get all Freathy on you but signing an injured 39 year old with only 8 games to go reeks of desperation. All we need to ice the cake is for him to be acclaimed as the next Kenny Cooper.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Desperate times though Sir Francis. If he sets up or scores one goal that helps keep us up I don't care how old he is. It's the last roll of the dice and I've kept my phone on just in case Ya know calls. We need another overweight unfit midfielder who can't track back, or pass or shoot for that matter, so I'll leave it on again for the rest of the week just in case.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Seems like Fletch's last ditch attempt at survival, has amounted to the school of "who the f**k's left in my phone that hasn't turned me down yet?"

pale

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 pm

What the official site conveniently fails to tell you though is that Steve Fletcher is currently injured and will not feature this Saturday against Northampton.So much for transparency and openess.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 pm

He did a job for Bournemouth a couple of years ago when he was re-signed by them. Was a factor in keeping them up, I think he scored the goal that sealed their survival. However that was probably 3 years ago, mind you they named a stand after him, so maybe next year we'll be attacking towards the Fletcher end. Which is of course better than the Bell end that they had at Man City.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Very experienced, battling, enormous striker from a higher division the fans of whose club think is wonderful. Here on loan for the rest of the season. Nothing wrong with that. And as Jock says, if he scores the one goal that keeps us up he will become a legend.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:36 am

According to Bournemouth web site he will be unfit to play this weekend
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:50 am

Look how far we've come. Couldn't we have tempted Trigger out of retirement with a free pass to the fanfest and unlimited pasty vouchers ?

Still, if we are relegated out of the football league, no-one can accuse Brent of not giving it everything ! Rolling Eyes

ps He's also a family man and has definitely got the bug.......... Brent, that is . pig lol! One can only imagine what he really thinks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:12 am

I can bearly contain my excitement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Freathy wrote:

Me neither.

39 years old, injured and when he was fit played 23 times this season for Bournemouth 19 of them as a sub and scored one goal.

Christ, the other L2 teams must be crapping themselves.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Me neither.

39 years old, injured and when he was fit played 23 times this season for Bournemouth 19 of them as a sub and scored one goal.

Christ, the other L2 teams must be crapping themselves.

Ah but Fletch can now change tactics......................' lump it higher and longer !' lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:05 pm

You bloody Aviva!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I doubt he will score a hatful of goals before the end of the season, but he might just provide the muscle needed up front, especially if Chadwick is going to be on the sidelines anymore. If the manager is going to persist with getting the team to punt the ball upfield at every opportunity, we might as well have someone up there who is big enough to win the ball from time to time.

Just as interesting is the news that Exeter have pinned their survival hopes on none other than the mighty Alan Gow. Good luck lol!

As you are, we're clutching at straws Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

The big difference is that Fletcher is ancient and creaking, but will probably bust a gut and play to the best of his ability, and you have Alan Gow.

An attacking midfielder/striker who since signing for Rangers in 2007, has racked up an amazing 8 different clubs, with 91 appearances and 16 goals, 5 of which came for the mighty East Bengal. So he's 29 and has had 11 different clubs, but can't score. He's either a hypnotist who bamboozles people with Brent "look into my eyes" trick, or a right lazy bastard who has ability but can't be fecked.

My guess is come May he will be looking into going out to Tajikistan to play for Dushanbe Athletic, with a heavily edited dvd of his best moments in his top pocket, but I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

The big difference is that Fletcher is ancient and creaking, but will probably bust a gut and play to the best of his ability, and you have Alan Gow.

An attacking midfielder/striker who since signing for Rangers in 2007, has racked up an amazing 8 different clubs, with 91 appearances and 16 goals, 5 of which came for the mighty East Bengal. So he's 29 and has had 11 different clubs, but can't score. He's either a hypnotist who bamboozles people with Brent "look into my eyes" trick, or a right lazy bastard who has ability but can't be fecked.

My guess is come May he will be looking into going out to Tajikistan to play for Dushanbe Athletic, with a heavily edited dvd of his best moments in his top pocket, but I might be wrong.

We've already got Cureton for/doing the Fletcher role lol!

Agree with you though, he'll be on the same plane as the other 'Juan Concur' we've brought in...Ricketts Rolling Eyes

As I've been saying since November, see Ya next season bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Fletcher Signed   Steve Fletcher Signed Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Fletcher Signed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next